This page has moved to our new address, www.thesartorialist.com. If you're not redirected within a few seconds, please click below. If you still have issues, please clear your cache and try again.

On The Street...Me, Just Older

 
 
 
 
 















Rss Feed

Links

Assignment Photography and Syndication

Gallerist

Categories

This entire site ⓒ 2005-2011 The Sartorialist. All of the photographs herein, unless otherwise noted, are copyrighted by the photographer. No part of this site, or any of the content contained herein, may be used or reproduced in any manner whatsoever without express permission of the copyright holder(s).



 

Tuesday, April 11, 2006

On The Street...Me, Just Older

So I asked this guy if I could take his photo.

With a slightly confused look and a deep French accent this young gentleman offered me a cigarette.

I explained again that I thought his outfit looked great and that I would like to take his photo. This time he got it.

He looked at me, then looked at his own outfit and said "you like my outfit because we are dressed the same."

I hadn't noticed but he was right!

We both had on jeans, blue cardigan, white shirt, and old-school sneakers.

I only hope I can carry it off as well as he does when I'm his age - please, anyone that knows me don't write in and say I'm already his age!!

Comments on "On The Street...Me, Just Older"

 

Blogger Claudio Moro said ... (9:58 AM) : 

This style reminds me to the 80ies. A classical one.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:26 AM) : 

That looks like something I wear on a regular basis...and I'm a 23 year old female

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:32 PM) : 

and I do too, I mean I wear kinda similar outfits ;]

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:36 PM) : 

i love the sneakers! here's to not sporting those awful one toned JC Penny shoes!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:33 PM) : 

I have to get sneakers like that

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:12 PM) : 

Part of the reason he looks so good is that he is fit and the outfit looks right on someone who is active. Having a 34" waist at 75 is one way to look great no matter what you wear.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:21 PM) : 

That's a great outfit for any age!

 

Blogger Julia said ... (12:38 AM) : 

Fantastic! Both look and story.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:40 AM) : 

he looks so fresh for his age. i think that's really special.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:18 AM) : 

Years don't count.
He must be very calm & cool man!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:08 AM) : 

I am glad to hear that you wear and admire the cardigan. So many slam it.

I have a 20 year old J.crew wool charcoal grey that is lined, wears like a jacket. It's absolutely my favorite garmnet.

This look has me written all over it, though I prefer quality shoes, haven't made the leap back to white tennies. I guess I'll try it.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:04 PM) : 

i am actually wearing that exact outfit today. And i'm a girl. :/ is that wrong?

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:26 PM) : 

He is a man to be admired. While we suffer with our wardrobes, the first thing he puts on before he goes out is himself.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:22 PM) : 

MY NEW IDOL!!! best pic on the sartorialist in weeks!

 

Blogger Dacha said ... (9:44 AM) : 

i saw this photo in the book and i really really love it
The guy is just cool

 

post a comment
Newer Posts Older Posts
Best Web Hosting