This page has moved to our new address, www.thesartorialist.com. If you're not redirected within a few seconds, please click below. If you still have issues, please clear your cache and try again.

Sweet

 
 
 
 
 















Rss Feed

Links

Assignment Photography and Syndication

Gallerist

Categories

This entire site ⓒ 2005-2011 The Sartorialist. All of the photographs herein, unless otherwise noted, are copyrighted by the photographer. No part of this site, or any of the content contained herein, may be used or reproduced in any manner whatsoever without express permission of the copyright holder(s).



 

Tuesday, March 21, 2006

Sweet

Comments on "Sweet"

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:58 PM) : 

I notice you rarely choose older women [50 yrs of age on] By the way I myself am 27. Why are all the women you choose 20 somethings. Is it not possible for a fashionable woman to be older or must you be pretty AND young to be considered fashionable :(

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:37 PM) : 

yes. thoroughly. being 30 means being dead. sorry

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:41 PM) : 

I think there are many older women in the archives. However, I don't see anything in the least bit fashionable about this younger woman. Really do not like this look in the least.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:51 PM) : 

I agree with the above observations. Men seem to get on the blog if they are well dressed. Women seem to appear if they are pretty, with their fashion sense being secondary.

 

Blogger The Sartorialist said ... (5:43 PM) : 

Check the archives - especially feb, - I'm proud that I shoot a much wider range of ages, sizes, colors and economic backgrounds than any mainstream fashion magazine.

Besides, have you ever asked a woman, over 40, on the street, to take her photo? it is a little more difficult than you think.

Finally, I have over 15 years in the designer fashion market (almost all in women's) - I am very comfortable with my eye for women's fashion - there are no bimbo's on this site - they are the stylish girls and women that capture my eye for whatever reason.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:54 PM) : 

i agree you need to go into the archives. i have seen more "older" beautiful women pictured here than anywhere in a magazine or similar site. stunning older women that make me realize that it's never over. my comments are so over the top but whatever.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:53 PM) : 

I remember seeing that Marc by Marc jacket in stores... it was on sale.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:42 PM) : 

...as the blog gets popular, the complaints come rollin' in.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:20 PM) : 

The cardigan is very good and fits.
The belt buckle has a rocket ship on it. How cool is that?
On her head (I think) are a pair of those folding goggles found in air force survival kits. They are just a flat piece of clear plastic and an elastic. Very cool.
I think she could do better than that t-shirt, but I see a lot of style for very little money.


Otto.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:41 PM) : 

Um, Sartorialist, I personally don't want to see any women over 35 or over 125 pounds (and that's too much...) But what I'd like to see is a few more blondes.... can we arrange that?

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:01 AM) : 

I love her outfit, especially the cardigan. Cute.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:49 AM) : 

I am a mid fifties woman and I very much enjoy this blog.

There are many older women. Most of the young women are wearing items which are appropriate for all ages.

You are right, Mr. S., there are more sizes,shapes, etc. than in any fashion magazine. Even we who shop at the discount and mass merchandisers can emulate many of these looks.

I read (in NYT) that Walmart sells more clothing than any other retailer, something not often addressed in the fashion press. I bet some of your subjects spend very little on clothing yet still have great looks.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:36 PM) : 

I love her colour combination of the outfit.

 

post a comment
Newer Posts Older Posts
Best Web Hosting