This page has moved to our new address, www.thesartorialist.com. If you're not redirected within a few seconds, please click below. If you still have issues, please clear your cache and try again.

On The Street.... Eighth Avenue, New York

 
 
 
 
 















Rss Feed

Links

Assignment Photography and Syndication

Gallerist

Categories

This entire site ⓒ 2005-2011 The Sartorialist. All of the photographs herein, unless otherwise noted, are copyrighted by the photographer. No part of this site, or any of the content contained herein, may be used or reproduced in any manner whatsoever without express permission of the copyright holder(s).



 

Friday, March 17, 2006

On The Street.... Eighth Avenue, New York

New Yorkers like to blend into the scenery.

Comments on "On The Street.... Eighth Avenue, New York"

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:01 AM) : 

seriously, do ALL the women in NYC smoke????

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:21 AM) : 

This is the worst look. Hate the coat, hate the skirt. The proportions make her look like she is drowning. The purse is out of proportion as well. This is a huge miss.

By the way, I know very few people who smoke in this city. You have to remember that at this time of year if you are taking pictures outside, you are mostly going to get smokers. When it warms up you will have less I bet.

 

Blogger The Sartorialist said ... (10:27 AM) : 

I just love the idea of her - in that coat, against that wall

I also know very few people in the city that smoke - I don't want to promote it but it is a part of life. Maybe I could do one of those "blackout" boxes over the cigarette

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:45 PM) : 

Oh please, The Sartorialist, do not blackout people's cigarettes. The whole point of your blog is for us to look and appreciate all things SARTORIAL which you have photographed. If people cannot look past a cigarette and concentrate on what your main objective and purpose is, then why bother coming here if you are only going to notice the cigarettes and NOT the clothes. The mind truly boggles...

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:08 PM) : 

LOL at the black box over the cigarette. I don't think it's that big of a deal. Like I said, the only people crazy enough to hang outside in the winter are smokers. It's just distracting but not that big of a deal, imo. You shouldn't start editing what you photograph based on the cigarettes.

I totally appreciate your eye on the coat against the wall. And I love seeing a whole variety of images, some I like, some I don't. I love that. That's what makes this site so great.

Keep up the good work. I only wish we could see a hundred pics a day, I'm so addicted to this blog!! Great job!!!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:32 PM) : 

Concerning the proportions I must say I kind of like the smalish bag. It enhances her already subtle manneristic features. And the pattern juxtapostion really makes this images stand out. Kudos to you, sartorialist!

 

Blogger New Yorkaise said ... (4:28 PM) : 

I'm not sure censorship is the right idea...

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:37 AM) : 

I agree about the proportions, they are not quite suitable. She should have paired the full shape of the coat with something slimmer on the bottom, etc. Whatever. However, the plaid of the coat is great, how it subtly fades in and out of itself, it reminds me of a vintage version (an original version) of the plaid that Mcqueen used to such great advantage in his 'stable' show - was that S/S 2006? A/W 2005? Anyways, that.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:52 AM) : 

sartorialist! please... why do you include these super put-together, stylin' guys and then get these uninspiring, frumpy women. please! socks and sandals? a huge plaid coat? 40 pounds of mismatched vintage? Yuck. I want chic, please. Not just "different."

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:03 PM) : 

she has a stunning face

 

post a comment
Newer Posts Older Posts
Best Web Hosting