This page has moved to our new address, www.thesartorialist.com. If you're not redirected within a few seconds, please click below. If you still have issues, please clear your cache and try again.

On The Street......Meatpacking District, New York

 
 
 
 
 















Rss Feed

Links

Assignment Photography and Syndication

Gallerist

Categories

This entire site ⓒ 2005-2011 The Sartorialist. All of the photographs herein, unless otherwise noted, are copyrighted by the photographer. No part of this site, or any of the content contained herein, may be used or reproduced in any manner whatsoever without express permission of the copyright holder(s).



 

Sunday, January 15, 2006

On The Street......Meatpacking District, New York


I've always loved this shape of coat. Super slim sleeve and shoulder with a full skirt, does anyone know the correct name for this style? It seems vaguely military or riding?
I usually see it in a dark navy or black but the green is a nice touch.

In related news.....In reviewing my own blog I see everyone is wearing aviator sunglasses, I do also, I like these in white.
I hope I don't start seeing a lot of fashion aviators though, if I have to look at one more pair of fashion Uggs I might just fall over.

Comments on "On The Street......Meatpacking District, New York"

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:37 AM) : 

She looks great.... but one question: Does she have rickets? She's lookin' a little bowlegged.

Is it just me? huh..?

 

Blogger The Sartorialist said ... (8:17 AM) : 

Surprisingly rickets never came up during our brief discussion.

I'm usually very smooth when I'm shooting but I was a little tongue tied when I spoke to her. I'm not sure but I think I told her I was a "satellite" for Google Earth and I needed to take a photo of that exact spot.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:14 PM) : 

This type of coat is generally just referred as a flaired coat. APC actually has oe which is based more on a military trench, while this one looks like it is based more on a pea coat.

Great site by the way S. I really enjoy the discussions stimulated on the forum by your postings.

As for the aviator sunglasses. I think that you will be seeing a lot of narrow, smaller rectangular shapes in the coming seasons. The aviator shape has been around for at least 3 years now, and I think that designers are ready to sell something old as new again.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:24 PM) : 

I just now got wind of your site.. where was I? Perusing the archives and I came upon this one.. where you ask about the cut of coat in this photograph. This is called a "redingote," and was traditionally a man's outer coat for riding. My favorite style, too.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:26 AM) : 

I for one love Aviators (still a Top Gun fanboy!). I'm hoping they do in fact expand this line of sunglasses, as well as, or course, more Wayfarers (yes please!). You can get them at pretty good deals online.

 

Anonymous blog mode said ... (6:39 AM) : 

her khaki coat would be perfect for this winter :D

 

post a comment
Newer Posts Older Posts
Best Web Hosting