This page has moved to our new address, www.thesartorialist.com. If you're not redirected within a few seconds, please click below. If you still have issues, please clear your cache and try again.

On the Street.....Plaid Femme, Florence

 
 
 
 
 















Rss Feed

Links

Assignment Photography and Syndication

Gallerist

Categories

This entire site ⓒ 2005-2011 The Sartorialist. All of the photographs herein, unless otherwise noted, are copyrighted by the photographer. No part of this site, or any of the content contained herein, may be used or reproduced in any manner whatsoever without express permission of the copyright holder(s).



 

Wednesday, February 09, 2011

On the Street.....Plaid Femme, Florence

Comments on "On the Street.....Plaid Femme, Florence"

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:24 PM) : 

The Europeans, especially the Italians, do lumberjack and other looks similar to the quintessential American outdoorsy looks (such as the fishing vests and denim/chambray shirts) better than the Americans because of what you, Scott, pointed out all along...the items of clothing that they wear are for the most part fitted rather than loose, boxy, and shapeless! Fit is flattering!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:26 PM) : 

Love It!

 

Blogger BobKentNoVa said ... (3:29 PM) : 

I've never before seen any woman sporting the "lumberjack look" appear this attractive.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:29 PM) : 

love it ;))


tomorrow giveaway on my blog...: http://mademoiselleandcomag.wordpress.com/2011/02/09/tara-jean-by-eric-guillemain-for-flair-february-2011/

 

Blogger GINGER FASHION MONSTERS said ... (3:30 PM) : 

It's always kind of cool when girls dress in quite a masculine way. And it looks so lovely & cosy!

 

Blogger Yajaira said ... (3:30 PM) : 

love the coat!

 

Blogger JK said ... (3:31 PM) : 

Great checks!

 

Anonymous Greg Milne said ... (3:34 PM) : 

love the jacket....although the whole look looks a bit like a timberland ad

yessiricanboogie-greggy.blogspot.com

 

Blogger Sing of Singature Style said ... (3:35 PM) : 

I LOVE that she is wearing work boots.

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (3:35 PM) : 

she looks just FAB!!! :)


xoxo
K.
http://kcomekarolina.blogspot.com/

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:35 PM) : 

I love the plaid!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:37 PM) : 

I love your coat and her boots
very trendy

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:42 PM) : 

omg! perfect! love it soo much!

 

Blogger Jennie Nguyen said ... (3:47 PM) : 

ah love the pattern of the coat!

xx http://www.jnsoo.blogspot.com/

 

Anonymous comme fraiche said ... (3:54 PM) : 

with the boots and plaid jacket she has that "lumberjack" look about her- the female version

 

Blogger Collections said ... (4:00 PM) : 

Love plaid and he looks so warm always a plus.

www.fashionablecollections.blogspot.com

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:00 PM) : 

I love the way she's wearing these jeans. It makes the whole look so authentic, don't you think?

 

Blogger Natalie Gonzalez said ... (4:04 PM) : 

This is great!

http://a-million-pearls.blogspot.com/

 

Blogger Miss Molly said ... (4:06 PM) : 

those shoes light up this whole outfit, i really love this!

http://missmollyfashions.blogspot.com/

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (4:10 PM) : 

That is an AMAZING coat. I want it!!!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:12 PM) : 

I love your boots !
They are timberlands right ?

I have white ones and i am thinking of getting the ones you have !

what do you think?

by the way i love your blog !

xoxo ❤

kdot.

 

Blogger Aimee said ... (4:17 PM) : 

Scott, you made her pop her collar, didn't you? lol:)

 

Blogger SAMANTHA said ... (4:18 PM) : 

looks so damn comfortable. and original.

xx
www.dragonnfruit.com

 

Anonymous Sophie Mhabille said ... (4:21 PM) : 

love the masculin way she is wearing, make her look sexy

 

Blogger An Invitation said ... (4:29 PM) : 

Perfect! I would love to be able to pull off the feminine lumberjack :)

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (4:30 PM) : 

i absolutely love this photo.

http://www.informalthing.blogspot.com

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:40 PM) : 

That coat is perfect! She's exactly nailed the whole masculine/feminine look, but I think the coat could work with so many different outfits and styles!

 

Blogger Evan said ... (4:47 PM) : 

Chic Street Cool Casual!!!..ahhh Euro Woman

http://mysocalledboringlife-evan.blogspot.com/

 

Blogger It-Blogirls said ... (4:53 PM) : 

love the picture so much
you are so talented

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:54 PM) : 

The American loose and boxy version of this look is to allow for layering. Rarely does it get 40 degrees below zero in Italy. Fashion can suffer when you are forced to be practical!

 

Anonymous kelli ann said ... (4:58 PM) : 

oooh... what a great jacket! i want it. and the shoes!

 

Blogger My Heart Blogged said ... (5:00 PM) : 

I'm glad you are not afraid to feature all kinds of style. Not every woman is obsessed with heels, or feminine.
My Heart Blogged

 

Blogger from the Lady Philosopher said ... (5:05 PM) : 

Plaid femme wins over plaid homme.
http://theskyofstars.blogspot.com/

 

Blogger Rachel Holm said ... (5:11 PM) : 

thank evan. i have been telling people for years that timberlands are fashionable and acceptable among non-basketball players. thank you for proving me right.

saltlakefashion.

 

Anonymous fairlight said ... (5:38 PM) : 

this is ideal for portland, oregon.
this is ideal for me.

 

Blogger Vision of a Dreamer said ... (5:50 PM) : 

Loving the coat, is awesome!
Nice pic!

Kisses from www.visionofadreamer.blogspot.com

 

Blogger Carolina Bernardo said ... (5:56 PM) : 

Love her jacket. The mixture of colours is fantastic and in a way it makes me reminf the salermen shirts. Nice!!

 

Anonymous jdit said ... (6:02 PM) : 

Looks like the 'cool kids wear' sported by the kids smokin' behind the gym and stairwell doors, skipping class and hangin' out in the back of the school when I was a teenager. In those days the boots were left unlaced. Cool rules!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:23 PM) : 

very canadiana.

 

Anonymous arachne said ... (6:30 PM) : 

I think that lumberjack is very nice. Ideal for me.

 

Blogger EMC said ... (6:35 PM) : 

This looks like my friend Rachel! I love her style :)

 

Blogger davidikus said ... (6:54 PM) : 

I like the idea of wearing a bold pattern (even if it is used the least Savile-Row-way possible), I like the plaid & even the colours (fairly autumnal, if I might say). I'd love to see how it fits when she is not leaning forward.

http://davidikus.blogspot.com/
http://www.davidranc.com

 

Blogger b said ... (6:57 PM) : 

omg, i remember when i was in kindergarten, i wanted boots like that soo bad!! but it never happened, i think i should go get me some, asap.

 

Anonymous rebecca said ... (7:35 PM) : 

Wow, I must admit I'm quite surprised that so many people like this. I doubt most people would look twice at her if passing along the sidewalk... sorry to say! I can't say I like anything about this look -- the jacket is so masculine. The jeans are also masculine but also not flattering. Don't get me started about the boots. I'm all for a boyish look... but on a woman, it's best to incorporate some femininity.

 

Blogger sze.er said ... (7:48 PM) : 

Love the bold plaid of the jacket, and the non-chalant attitude of the popped collar...I love the style!

 

Blogger Anna said ... (8:17 PM) : 

I like the lumberjack look :)
theultraviolette.blogspot.com
follow me :)

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:24 PM) : 

amazing jacket!

 

Blogger Marc said ... (9:39 PM) : 

I used to wear Timberland boots just like that when I worked in a warehouse driving a forklift and hauling boxes around. Who would have thought they could have been fashionable?? She looks great.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:55 PM) : 

I really like seeing women mixing a masculine look with a touch of femininity and vice versa (like wearing a LBD with her dad's old watch or something). I'm a woman and I know many men who have told me that they find a woman with a rugged masculine look extremely sexy while keeping her feminine side. In this case, even though her overall look is masculine, her clothes are fitted and her long hair and red frames give it a girly touch that makes it very appealing. I live and work in the heart of SoHo in NYC and I would definitely do a doubletake if I were to see this woman walk down the street in a sea of women dressed in outfits dictated by trends and celebrities day after day. It's almost like she just threw on her boyfriend's clothes to run some errands, which I'm sure many men will find hot.

 

Blogger KimChicSisters said ... (10:28 PM) : 

Love the jacket!

http://kimchicsisters.blogspot.com/2011/02/saturday-morning-coffee.html

 

Blogger c.o.a said ... (11:17 PM) : 

Cool Jacket

 

Blogger Sean Passean said ... (11:57 PM) : 

I can't really say that it strikes me as a "lumberjack" look. I just love the colors and the tall collar. I want one for myself

 

Blogger RIZALENIO said ... (12:20 AM) : 

I love the jacket.

 

Blogger Kristen said ... (12:52 AM) : 

I don't really love the jeans, beause they flatten her rear end. However, I love her red glasses! 8)

 

Anonymous HMS said ... (12:54 AM) : 

Love the collar on this jacket. Like how high it goes up.

The big boxy plaid is nice with the colours.

i would still describe this jacket as "boxy" though and the baggy-no-butt-jeans again.

Is this uniform that skaters and snowboarders have been wearing for the past five years in us/canada, now just being seen in Italy?

I like the boots on her btw, be nice to see some femininity somewhere (like maybe the jeans...whatever happened to guess or CK??)

Like that there is more street style lately!

 

Blogger marjorie rose said ... (1:30 AM) : 

If I saw this on the streets, I wouldn't look twice. Yet here, she looks like art..from the big squares on her plaid jacket, to her slouched posture..even her bent left knee.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:22 AM) : 

Great look--she even makes the acid wash work, and from me, that's saying a lot. So nice to see a woman not giving into gender norms & proving once again that "fabulous woman" & "traditionally feminine" don't need to have much to do with each other.

She does need to untie those boots, though!

 

Blogger V said ... (2:39 AM) : 

Loving the urban mountaineering looks!!

 

Blogger Krainne Hoge said ... (2:42 AM) : 

Sigh...In canada, we wear items like this for work. Great colours, though. Krainneh
http://www.saskouture.blogspot.com

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:57 AM) : 

the way the jeans are faded is perfect

love the way she wears them too

 

Blogger Jenni Austria Germany said ... (4:26 AM) : 

love it. perfect.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:11 AM) : 

like like like

 

Blogger Tam said ... (5:21 AM) : 

I live in northern Idaho U.S. and i've been dressing this way my entire life. It's about time the rest of the world caught up.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:30 AM) : 

Checks! Pretty!

http://theythinkimtooyoung.blogspot.com/

 

Anonymous jimjims said ... (5:59 AM) : 

crossing over to the other side!

lookin' snazzy!

http://jimjims.net

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:40 AM) : 

nice the coat! beautiful shoot!!

 

Blogger Martina said ... (7:53 AM) : 

Perfect!

 

Blogger Hera said ... (8:01 AM) : 

I like the whole outfit minus the shoes, when I was in Italy a year ago I realized that these shoes were very fashinable there, I saw a lot of people wearing them, I couldn't see the appeal but to tell you the truth she is carrying them weel.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:27 AM) : 

ITALIAN RULES

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:24 AM) : 

I was just in Vienna over the Christmas holidays and EVERYONE was wearing Timberlands, looking completely European and stylish while they did so! I confess a strange mania took over me and I started combing the city for a pair that cost less than the standard 180 Euro! No luck, but when I got home to the States I found a pair on sale at my local mall for US $80. Funnily enough, I live in a small town in central PA and lots of people were wearing Timberlands there too...but these were local farmers, hunters, etc wearing them in a totally different way (although with the same overall goals of warmth and comfort). I plan to wear my Tims next winter too, all the more enthusiastically after my brief foray into the world of international fashion!

 

Blogger Ripped Jeans said ... (10:24 AM) : 

now that is one manly look!! but she seems so feminine in it!! love it

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:29 AM) : 

They need to switch outfits. His works better on her & vice versa.

 

Blogger Mary Beth said ... (11:16 AM) : 

I like the hint of the red in the glasses...small but noticeable in this photograph. It's almost like a touch of lipstick.

 

Blogger Kathleen said ... (12:54 PM) : 

Oh, what should I say? Been here, done this? She looks good, but it goes wasted on me. I have had so many pair of the boots she's wearing and wore them with dresses. I'm not sure about the extremely masculine look. Isn't working for me.

 

Blogger SCW said ... (12:56 PM) : 

Love the boyish look. The glasses make it look "smart" and not frumpy too


check out our fashion and lifestyle blog The Mint's Tint

 

Anonymous Maryanne said ... (1:01 PM) : 

very adroygenous borrowed from the boys look.

on a personal level, i would never be comfortable wearing this type of clothing.

 

Blogger Annalee Porter said ... (4:10 PM) : 

LOVE the Tim's in such a different context. The jeans are perfectly slouchy yet unusually sexy. And well, the glasses look lovely from here.

Annalee

http://annaleesecstacies.tumblr.com/

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (7:55 AM) : 

Give an Italian any mix of clothes and they work it - its in their genes...

 

Blogger Benoit said ... (8:53 AM) : 

So boyish and so attractive though!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:59 AM) : 

What a great androgynous look. The jeans work to perfection - indeed, they flatten her behind (as another reader commented), but that's the point. And the coat matches the boots ever-so-subtly. Love it.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:29 AM) : 

Yes! This is just an Italian outfit...confortable, I have a Timberland, too ;) .I'm Italian.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:09 AM) : 

Love the jacket...the loose, saggy fit of the jeans leaves much to be desired though. Great picture caught when the subject is not so aware...nice aspect.

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (10:54 AM) : 

I love her!!!
She is a friend of mine at Pitti Immagine!
Coool

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:08 AM) : 

just to let you know the coat is Sessun, french brand!

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (11:11 AM) : 

Ps. It's a SESSUN Coat!
Love you Fede :)

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:34 PM) : 

yes i love this SESSUN jacket ! masculine and so feminine !

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:35 AM) : 

anyone know where you could get this coat?

 

Blogger ConFashions said ... (2:21 PM) : 

Great 90's style pic! Love it with the Timbs and all.

http://confashionsforlife.blogspot.com/

 

Blogger Cassie Robinson said ... (7:42 PM) : 

Love this look! I was lusting over boots like these on my trip to NY (comfy, warm, practical and seemingly of-the-moment). The collar on this jacket really sets it off and I love the touch of red from her glasses frame.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:51 PM) : 

This looks like typical pacific northwest style. If i saw her on the street here in Seattle, I wouldn't look twice. Still, she looks good, especially with those red glasses, just like some people mentioned earlier.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:57 PM) : 

nice fit!

 

Anonymous Storlek said ... (5:29 AM) : 

anyone know his name? or did she have a blog?
(nice pic)
thanks !

 

Blogger Esmaa said ... (4:04 PM) : 

Very relaxing outfit! That's what I love, comfortable.

 

Blogger Carlota said ... (4:08 PM) : 

I love these shoes!!!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:50 PM) : 

dig it.

 

Blogger Patrick said ... (6:45 PM) : 

Forget the plaid,the loose jeans, boots and glasses make the outfit!!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:07 AM) : 

Sartorialist mentioned on Glee last night. Can regular appearances on Regis and Kelly be far behind?

 

Anonymous Jac B. said ... (9:38 PM) : 

casually effortless

 

Blogger MyGirlFlorence said ... (12:50 AM) : 

I saw so many people in Italy wearing these construction worker style boots, but I must admit I am of the opinion that they should should be left in the 90's

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:15 AM) : 

Are you guys serious? This is a TERRIBLE look... poorly put together. No shape, no style. Looks like one of them hoodrats from Surrey... really not feeling this one.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:09 PM) : 

I want this coat! Where can I get it

 

post a comment
Newer Posts Older Posts
Best Web Hosting