This page has moved to our new address, www.thesartorialist.com. If you're not redirected within a few seconds, please click below. If you still have issues, please clear your cache and try again.

The Best of Junya Watanabe, Paris

 
 
 
 
 















Rss Feed

Links

Assignment Photography and Syndication

Gallerist

Categories

This entire site ⓒ 2005-2011 The Sartorialist. All of the photographs herein, unless otherwise noted, are copyrighted by the photographer. No part of this site, or any of the content contained herein, may be used or reproduced in any manner whatsoever without express permission of the copyright holder(s).



 

Sunday, January 23, 2011

The Best of Junya Watanabe, Paris









Comments on "The Best of Junya Watanabe, Paris"

 

Blogger S said ... (9:09 AM) : 

Love the stitch detail on the pants in the last two photos.

 

Blogger Beautycountry said ... (9:09 AM) : 

ah..

awsomeness!!!!

 

Blogger Chris said ... (9:10 AM) : 

Wow what a great collection of shots and clothes! They all look amazing, my fave is definitely the first one!
http://happeningsofrainbowing.blogspot.com/

 

Anonymous Suk-hwan said ... (9:11 AM) : 

Nice looking outers.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:12 AM) : 

The 2nd blazer is good !

 

Anonymous The Descriptionist said ... (9:12 AM) : 

wondering about fabrics...

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:12 AM) : 

i love your pics..... AND all the guys.. looool :D

http://mademoiselleandcomag.wordpress.com/2011/01/23/alexander-mcqueen-spring-2011-patricia-van-der-vliet/

 

Blogger Miss Cross said ... (9:15 AM) : 

In the first pictures the jackets look pretty cool and original. I can see the guys beeing able to wear them all the time, since they are both elegant and sporty. Perfect for jeans, perfect for more business casual outfits!!

Ines
www.chezagnes.blogspot.com

 

Anonymous Jordana @ White Cabana said ... (9:15 AM) : 

Love to see desert boots on the runway.
-Jordana

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (9:17 AM) : 

These looks are amazing!

The fair isle print blazer, the perfect length of the pants and how it was tapered!!!


http://dandy-elizar.blogspot.com/

 

Blogger Neus said ... (9:19 AM) : 

I absolutely love the first one!!! The hair colour and the jumper, are wonderful!
Neus*

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:20 AM) : 

3rd photo: holy mustache!

 

Blogger Fashion Nerd said ... (9:20 AM) : 

I looove the blazers.

http://joannafashionnerd.blogspot.com/

Fashion Nerd

 

Anonymous Kowang said ... (9:21 AM) : 

these are simply handsome.

 

Anonymous Anders said ... (9:25 AM) : 

Holy crap! Those Blazers are amazing!!!

 

Blogger MEO said ... (9:28 AM) : 

Junya Watanabe ... is always very interesting

 

Blogger Duse Pasteller said ... (9:36 AM) : 

GOTTA LOVE IT!!!
The first ones looks very Norwegian!:)
;Greetings from a norwegian girl -
Janni
Duse Pasteller

 

Blogger J U D I T said ... (9:37 AM) : 

I absolutely loved this collection, all the jackets look awesome!

Hugs :)

 

Blogger Sabrina Tassini said ... (9:39 AM) : 

I love the jackets!but in general i like so much the style of the maison!
so special so different..

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:41 AM) : 

That last pair of denims is absolutely atrocious. Otherwise, I really enjoy the rest.

 

Blogger on the roof said ... (9:44 AM) : 

Jackets are really cute but I don't get this think with socks...
I don't like it.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:48 AM) : 

Great pockets, love the shortish pants. Love all the texture and hoods, and it all looks very well constructed.

I'm not quite ready for another round of cargo jeans (last picture).

 

Blogger thecityruler said ... (9:51 AM) : 

simply amazing! but u saw me in front of versace wearing same and with same moustaches! :)

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:55 AM) : 

those blazers are beyond cool!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:09 AM) : 

Oh my. The looks on the faces all seem to be saying, "honestly I know this sweater looks silly...I do."

 

Blogger Kathleen said ... (10:12 AM) : 

Sweater lapels! Love it!

And couldn't this change the reputation of "Christmas sweaters" forever?!

 

Blogger fashioneggpplant said ... (10:14 AM) : 

love the sweater/blazers, but carpenter pants for men? they're back?

http://fashioneggplant.blogspot.com

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:16 AM) : 

Amaaaaaaaaaazing

 

Anonymous Ururu Kaigo said ... (10:18 AM) : 

LOVE the gray jacket!!!

http://team-foodies.blogspot.com/

 

Blogger Aline Dahl said ... (10:35 AM) : 

pic #2 = ♥

 

Anonymous KatyE. said ... (10:40 AM) : 

Such fun to see Scandinavian Sweater styles still going strong on the catwalks! Love how "our" sweaters are turned into blazers.

 

Blogger Darkdeity9194 said ... (10:43 AM) : 

I love your work. Its just so...there in the moment. Your probably wondering how I ran across your blog, but I thank Intel and their visual life project that their advertising on youtube that I found you. You happened to be on the spotlight and I clicked your video and that really was an eye opener. In all honesty, I would be honored to be taught photography from someone with such a outlook on the world and the internet.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:45 AM) : 

I think this is just the best collection of the season -

 

Blogger comme fraiche said ... (10:45 AM) : 

the clothes here looking quite casual showing many shades of red, I like what you've shown as Junya has mixed it up once again

 

Blogger Robby Cress said ... (10:48 AM) : 

I Love the sweaters at the top. The colors, cut, and collars are fantastic! I want one of each.

 

Blogger Vinda Sonata said ... (10:49 AM) : 

oh, those are very nice. the first one, especially. the styles have such great modern japanese feel to them
i love junya watanabe's designs. he's very original !

 

Anonymous Ugne said ... (10:52 AM) : 

Very nice photos.

 

Blogger elena-anna said ... (10:53 AM) : 

love your blog , it's really something.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

 

Blogger Monika said ... (10:57 AM) : 

first 4 photos&designs = AMAZING!

 

Anonymous jimjims said ... (11:00 AM) : 

Really digging the second half of these tops.

The last one, not so much.

So hard to get creative nowadays.

Love the stuff he did with comme de garcons.

Rad!

http://jimjims.net

 

Blogger Ruhvana and Flanelli said ... (11:04 AM) : 

Knitwear in a new way. I always get exited when I see knit reinvented. So lovely

Ruhvana

 

Blogger CassandraMortmain said ... (11:15 AM) : 

Wow, he's totally ripped off the Norwegian selbu rose pattern for the jackets on pic 1 and 3.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Selburose

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:16 AM) : 

Last summer on the 2 train I asked a young guy why he wore his pants so low that I could see his underwear (I asked several guys on trains about this over the course of the summer). His answer was that it was just a trend he was following. We talked a little about trends before he got off the train.

I was wearing jeans that had shrunk up just above the ankles. And while that had been a complete accident, I told him that I was bringing floods back and to prepare to see them by next year.

And look what I've done!

 

Blogger Stylison said ... (11:18 AM) : 

it will be cool when guys start wearing knits like these!


xoxo
http://stylison.blogspot.com/

 

Blogger AKR said ... (11:21 AM) : 

It still says winter without screaming it. Love the 3rd & 4th blazers.

 

Blogger VIRGO said ... (11:33 AM) : 

this scruff is depressing!

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (11:33 AM) : 

absolutely awesome scandinavian patterns

http://elenavasilieva.blogspot.com/
x

 

Blogger olive oil said ... (12:00 PM) : 

The fifth jacket could totally be worn on on the street by any man with a fashion sense, defs my favorite peice

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:03 PM) : 

Adorable. I'm totally in love. ~ xoxo Diamond Cat

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:10 PM) : 

Great coats!

 

Blogger The student's guide to affordable luxury said ... (12:19 PM) : 

The blazers are great! My personal favourite is the second last photo. The fabrics and the colours looks really nice together.

 

Blogger Brittan said ... (12:19 PM) : 

oh goodness, how much do I love the sweater blazers! they are amazing, I want one for me!

 

Blogger The Red Umbrella said ... (12:24 PM) : 

Holy Christmas sweater!

 

Blogger off fashion ave. said ... (12:26 PM) : 

love.

 

Anonymous Beatrice Barkholz said ... (12:28 PM) : 

wow...love the mix of blazer and cardigan...looks super cozy and perfect for the season!!! Great shots

http://seitenstrasse.blogspot.com/

 

Blogger Hadley Makes said ... (12:28 PM) : 

I love the clothes, but even more than the clothes, I love their hair. That turn of the century uber long on top thing is really great.

 

Blogger Sabina said ... (12:33 PM) : 

I absolutely love these sweater jackets, and that one guy's retro 'stache. There's something about these guys that reminds me of Dr. Who. Great pics!

http://mystylecanvas.blogspot.com

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:34 PM) : 

Oh! I like a little levity with my morning coffee!

Funniest things ever!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:41 PM) : 

All together now:

I'm a lumberjack and I'm okay

I like to dress up in...

 

Blogger Mary Beth said ... (12:49 PM) : 

I love the fair isle prints on the guys. It's such a fresh yet retro look. I'd love to see it move off the runway into real life...something I could see happening in New York City but probably not Chicago. But a fashionable girl can dream!

 

Blogger The Cat's Whiskers said ... (12:52 PM) : 

Red hair is supposed to be big on Berlin Fashion Week this year...
♠ ♠ ♠

www.APARTMENTTWENTYTHREE.blogspot.com

 

Blogger stumpette said ... (12:54 PM) : 

Its as if these men came walking out of my coffee shop. Come to Portland, OR Scott!

 

Anonymous Danique said ... (1:00 PM) : 

This is absolutely amazing!
I really love these Scandinavian cardigans.
Right now I wish I was a man hihi

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:06 PM) : 

Um, painter pants are back? Hmm. I like the sweaters, they point to a new direction in men's fashion, less stuffy. I also like the short styles of pants this season.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:08 PM) : 

Anybody else surprised/distracted (in a good way) by the facial expressions? So much more there than you usually see...apologetic, wry, distraught, sheepish...I love this!

 

Blogger Citizens Closet said ... (1:12 PM) : 

I need to bring these jackets to the Midwest:) Looks wonderful!

 

Anonymous jack said ... (1:21 PM) : 

hi scott,

I have always been a big fan, but what happen to street looks? now it just looks like any other high fashion runway blog; I think you have lost your direction!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:24 PM) : 

really if you can not improve on traditional designs 'ethnic' and work wear designs then don't bother.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:30 PM) : 

Love the personality of the models & how perfectly fit the costumes are!

 

Anonymous Joshua Martens said ... (1:32 PM) : 

Ridiculously cool!

 

Blogger Kira Lilly said ... (1:37 PM) : 

great collection of photos, really cohesive, love the prints on the blazers

check out my blog:

http://kiralilly.blogspot.com/

 

Blogger Words said ... (1:38 PM) : 

I love and want every one of those blazers!!!!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:42 PM) : 

Typically love this blog, but these are some of the most unhealthy looking men, hard to move beyond that...

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:49 PM) : 

WOW, I love these designs, esp. the faire isle cardigans & sweater jackets - they hark back to the American heritage & tradition...something that I try to hang onto otherwise, I fear we will lose touch with our identity in this fast changing world...rather than spending so much time on our facebooks, twitters, blackberrys, when was the last time you remember sitting down to write a letter to someone you love? When was the last time you wrote in your own personal journal, for no one else to read but for your eyes only so that your memories and thoughts are your own, not to be shared with hundreds of others? When was the last time you called someone on the phone to have a truly meaningful and thoughtful conversation?
I long for those days...and yet I know we cannot live without all the technology available at demand and instantaneous...

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (1:50 PM) : 

exquisite construction! wow!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:53 PM) : 

love third pic, bit of Van Gogh goin on there, :)

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (1:57 PM) : 

such an interesting take on the winter sweater prints..

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (2:02 PM) : 

Great photos as usual!


Marc.

http://vicissitudinilombarde.blogspot.com/

 

Blogger Davidabl said ... (2:03 PM) : 

I'm not enough of a fashionista to be
able to say much of anything about most "runway wear" but when I see
faux workwear fashions they generally
seem pretty lame to me. I guess the
traditionality and almost unconscious design of most workwear doesn't mix
well with the hyper consciousness and "novelty-is-everything" of most
runway wear.Stuff that isn't worn in real time by real people....

 

Anonymous sam said ... (2:11 PM) : 

Sweater blazers? Awesome. I'm not crazy about the slightly-too-short sleeves combined with the short pants. I love the short pants - the brown shoes deserve them - but the sleeves just look off to me and would be even more wrong on a bike (or most anything involving movement).

 

Blogger Heather Robinson said ... (2:12 PM) : 

Those faces! Such expressions! As softly romantic as the clothes--but I loved the addition of "L'Equipe"--France's sports paper--interesting...

And hooray for red-heads! We need all of the support we can get in life. :)

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:23 PM) : 

Very amusing. This collection has brought a smile to my face. The first few photos of the take on the fair aisle sweaters was especially ingenious.

 

Blogger hillaryp said ... (2:34 PM) : 

I'm a girl and I think this is perfection. I can picture guys I know looking amazing in all of these pieces. :)

http://sunshinefiercefashion.blogspot.com

 

Blogger CW said ... (2:53 PM) : 

I have nothing complimentary to say about the clothes.

1. My wife has a cardigan version (c. 1980s) of the top photo's jacket.

2. The jeans in the bottom photo are styling rip-offs of Carhartt, Walls and OshKosh.

3. None of the models look happy or proud to be in these duds. If the people paid to present the clothes do not look happy about it, you know they think that these are marketplace-losers.

4. Whoever styled the head of the mustached man should lose their barber/beautician license. Not only does the style detract from the model's face, but it also detracts from the clothing presented.

5. The Fair Isle patterning across the jackets does not work for me. The closest to successful is the one in the second photo. It may have been better if there would not have been the repetition of the white diamond/red background patch at the bottom of the jacket. After that, if the fourth one would have lost the velvet patch pockets and kept besom/flap pockets, that might have worked.

6. In photo 4 and photo 8 - this was Paris, not Brisbane. Nice shoes.

7.

 

Blogger Pepa Xavier said ... (2:54 PM) : 

GREAT patterns! J'adore!

 

Blogger mode said ... (2:57 PM) : 

Nice indeed! keep it up!

modemustasch.blogg.se

 

Blogger matchalove said ... (2:59 PM) : 

Junya Watanabe too awesome. Love the prints on the blazers.

matchalovee.blogspot.com

 

Anonymous Susanna said ... (3:03 PM) : 

"Oh my. The looks on the faces all seem to be saying, "honestly I know this sweater looks silly...I do.""

I agree! Great photos, as ever, but I do think the clothes look silly.

 

Blogger Liv said ... (3:04 PM) : 

Pure Harajuku style!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:06 PM) : 

Fun, practical, something new, I just love it!

 

Anonymous Simon said ... (3:06 PM) : 

I really like the knitted jackets with the alpine patterns. New and hard to work out such a good fit. I also like the material mixes on the jackets / coats. Nice pictures.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:11 PM) : 

great blazers, but i'm not sure i like the plaid/hat/logger look - more into the ski bum attitude!

 

Blogger Stacey H said ... (3:12 PM) : 

I thought the expressions were interesting too.

I love photo #6.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:21 PM) : 

hiiiiiiiipsterrrrrrrrrr . . .

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:24 PM) : 

Great usage of fair isle on blazers, they totally look amazing!

 

Anonymous Maryanne said ... (3:24 PM) : 

fair isle sweater jackets...
what a novel idea!

 

Blogger Juxta said ... (3:31 PM) : 

It looks very much like the designer has been influenced by The Satorialist !! very 'street' ✯

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:34 PM) : 

I pretty much can't stand any of this. Way too feminine-looking -- I like a man to look the part -- masculine, but put together well.

 

Blogger amy v / over&under said ... (3:51 PM) : 

Love this collection, especially the fair isle blazer

 

Anonymous Sophie Mhabille said ... (4:34 PM) : 

Oh my God!, i am in love with those Jacquard Jacquets, amazing, so fresh <3

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (4:40 PM) : 

Hurray for Male Ginger Models

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:03 PM) : 

I really don't like it. Cargo jeans with sweater blazers? I don't like it at all.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:09 PM) : 

Boring...and somehow a little bit pretentious?

 

Blogger Lu said ... (5:12 PM) : 

those blazers are the kind of clothes you will steal from your boyfriend

 

Blogger Wondering Woman said ... (5:12 PM) : 

When you try this hard for a cool look what happens is ridiculous instead.

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (5:28 PM) : 

I don't know exactly how I feel about these. They all were definitely unique and original.

I loved the look of the mustachioed model. Some of the jackets and pants were quite nice. Not too keen on the short pants, tho.

 

Blogger The Ataraxian said ... (5:31 PM) : 

For Photo's 1-4 It's like someone reached into my head and pulled out a perfect outfits. I would sell my sister down the Nile for that Shawl red Blazer and suede Sandwich pointers.
http://twitter.com/#!/TheAtaraxian

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:57 PM) : 

Photo's, as always, are impeccable.
As far as design, I love the idea!!
The coats are particularly great.
But the blazers??? Each one has details that seem off
Arm length, shoulder placement, front pockets.
...maybe that was the point??

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:05 PM) : 

They are all so pale and thin.
Couldn't fall in love with them.
Do you think they have male presence ?

 

Anonymous Ru said ... (6:06 PM) : 

for all the englanders out there... this stuff is bang on trend, but you could pick most of it up from primark for under a tenner. just sayin. :)

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:06 PM) : 

i will never understand fashion.

 

Anonymous fab said ... (6:12 PM) : 

I don't see why this is so good. The patterns, apart from the first, look cheap and the colours are boring. All the other pieces have boring colours as well and some of the outfits are just plain ugly. The lumberjack coat has a hideous colourscheme and the jeans in the last picture look like 5 dollar skaterjeans. I mean, I know Junya made this, but that doesn't make it good. The only thing I really liked was the third guys hair.

 

Blogger Yajaira said ... (6:44 PM) : 

love these blazers!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:04 PM) : 

Oh no, more endorsement of the boat shoe. I get a fright every time I see them on a hipster. Some things can become cool, but surely not the boat shoe. I like the concept of the fair isle sweater as a blazer but not the reality! too contrived for me.

 

Blogger FH said ... (7:31 PM) : 

Lovely collection :)

Fanny

 

Blogger knox said ... (7:49 PM) : 

oh great designs

 

Blogger Paula Elizabeth Fowler said ... (7:50 PM) : 

Terrible sweaters/jackets(???) 5th photo - clinically depressed about the show! 6th -OK; 7th - Elmer Fudd chasing the wascally rabbit; 8th - Where's the fire? 9th - painter's pants...very expensive painter's paints. Why we could just go to Walmart..
I love you...the show, not so much!!!

 

Blogger Raquel said ... (8:59 PM) : 

I like the knit winter sweater pattern incorporated into blazers & jackets. Very nice!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:14 PM) : 

I had to keep looking at the most recent entry (the one after) in order to not throw up at the looks of these pansy-men in grannie sweaters. With the exception of the first one (gag), I could possibly to learn to like the sweater-blazer, but I can't help but to wonder what instructions those models were given other than: "look as goofy as you possibly can."

Interesting entry though!!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:42 PM) : 

Conan O'Brien looks great in here lol

 

Blogger TheHypeAround... said ... (9:43 PM) : 

A great grab from the past!

Structured sweaters just like my father used to wear way back in the day. This a very noticeable nod to the elegance that once graced the slopes of Vermont, Aspen and the dens of men everywhere in the 40's.

Nicely done!

 

Blogger Laurita P said ... (9:52 PM) : 

great photos, these looks are so great. i want to meet a man who dresses this way...

http://adorablydeliciouslp.blogspot.com/

 

Blogger My Heart Blogged said ... (9:53 PM) : 

I really like the polka dot jacket. I wish men used color more widely in the states. The green coat is really nice as well.
My Heart Blogged

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:30 PM) : 

get off the runway and go on the streets!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:37 PM) : 

This whole string of photos made me quite ill. Not good.

 

Anonymous Dino said ... (10:55 PM) : 

Really nice looking pieces.

Great photos.


DinoKatrino.com

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (11:04 PM) : 

in love with the third photo...

xo

www.bluegrassginger.blogspot.com

 

Blogger Crisman said ... (11:27 PM) : 

I love these blazers so much but these guys look like Williamsburg residents silently judging the people in the audience. Loose the 'tudes dudes!!!

 

Anonymous chandra said ... (12:16 AM) : 

Super obsessed with Junya! I love to be hearing his name again....I did a blog post on him last spring, but he seemed under the radar for the last few fashion years. Thanks for giving me some photos to enjoy!

www.dailymischief.com

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:21 AM) : 

Love the redhead's style, but the clothes sort of exemplify "trying much, much too hard" for me.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:36 AM) : 

This was a great collection.

 

Blogger Shilpi Tomar said ... (1:00 AM) : 

I'm loving the print here, and that handlebar stache is insane!

xx

sftrend

 

Blogger THUNDERCUP said ... (1:08 AM) : 

what is the wintery pattern on the first few looks called?

love these!

http://thundercup.blogspot.com

 

Blogger Julie McMillan said ... (1:27 AM) : 

Sorry, but these clothes look like they came from Goodwill! Absolutely hideous.

 

Blogger Erica said ... (1:45 AM) : 

These guys need some vitamin D, STAT!

 

Blogger Anna Katharina said ... (2:56 AM) : 

I love the collection!!! And your photos are just amazing:D

http://annakatharinaa.blogspot.com/

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (3:33 AM) : 

It was only a matter of time before they started selling hipster fashion.

I could go the rest of my life without seeing a big full mustache sans a matching beard on dudes under 35. Picky, picky...

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (3:40 AM) : 

Ha. Make that 55.

 

Anonymous @unChCh said ... (4:37 AM) : 

funny!!!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:02 AM) : 

OMG the second one is the man of my dreams!!!!!

 

Blogger TheStreetFashion5xpro said ... (6:02 AM) : 

great collection

 

Blogger Fanny said ... (6:45 AM) : 

It's very smart to turn the runway into a street, and to feature typical things such as l'Equipe or parisian public benches. It brings fashion and people (or what is supposed to be a typical man...) closer. Indeed, the influence street style is striking here.

 

Blogger fashionxxi said ... (6:56 AM) : 

Love the collection!

 

Anonymous buero falk said ... (7:11 AM) : 

love the look with the newspaper and the desert boots. very effordless. and the safety strip. never seen a safety strip being so stylish. bravo

http://journal.buero-falk.de

 

Anonymous rachel said ... (7:54 AM) : 

these clothes would have looked better on actual japanese guys. i'm sorry, but i just don't think caucasians can pull off japanese styles - they lack the flaire and the originality that japanese guys have when picking out and wearing clothes.

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (8:15 AM) : 

Does anyone know what is the name of that redhead model with mustache? From picture number 3? He is interesting looking individual.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:29 AM) : 

I like the attitude of it overall, but the model in the t5th pic looks like he'd rather be elsewhere, and rather forlorn and worse for wear.... not a model look I am inspired by. And I rarely go "ew."

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:56 AM) : 

Wow! The use of the Fair Isle pattern is intriguing!

 

Anonymous dimitri said ... (8:58 AM) : 

It's really beautiful. Nice photos. It's a great collection.

 

Blogger Mr. D said ... (9:29 AM) : 

I live in Tokyo and am a big guy and can only accessorize when it comes to CdG and J.Watanabe. Are sizes different in say, Paris/NYC? Or is everything made to suit waifs? Anyone knows?

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:03 AM) : 

i love the blazer!! really nice, i love all this outfit

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:51 AM) : 

talk about a pull from the Bay Area aesthetic. This has oakland written all over it

 

Blogger CabinetParts.com said ... (11:14 AM) : 

I get the look but really not my style. Love the all brown though.

 

Blogger Celia said ... (12:47 PM) : 

LOVE it. Fairisle sweaters as blazers, brilliant! Plus, those guys look adorable.

 

Anonymous Dustyflint said ... (1:01 PM) : 

These are wonderful jackets!

 

Anonymous Deborah N. said ... (1:29 PM) : 

I like to think this is what my Swedish Grandfather looked like when he was young!!!

 

Blogger JJ said ... (1:42 PM) : 

Love the shoes in the last pic.. what kind are they?

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:54 PM) : 

some of this looks good. most looks clown-like.

 

Blogger Kat said ... (2:59 PM) : 

Re: last photo

Carpenter jeans are back? Please, God... no. I love everything else, though! Those sweater/blazers are fantastic.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:01 PM) : 

Okay, those sweaters just look ridiculous. And some of those haircuts! I'd be embarassed to go out with any guy that looked like them. C'mon people, let's get real here.

 

Blogger erin nuts said ... (3:07 PM) : 

GREAT models. and a great collection, of course, but the models just really stood out to me. they have the perfect look for this line

 

Anonymous Steph said ... (3:13 PM) : 

CW - I totally agree with you - the minute I saw these I thought about my navy LL Bean Norwegian sweater from the mid 80s! In fact, just bought a vintage one on ebay.

Still like it - nice to see it making a comeback in a reinterpreted way.

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (3:32 PM) : 

I am loooving the blazers/sweaters! Awesome

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:57 PM) : 

Beautiful boys - more please.

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (3:59 PM) : 

I like those sweaters at the beginning. I've seen some for women that look similar at H & M.

Lauren
www.laurensthoughts.com

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:07 PM) : 

Nerdy Chic!

This is something I always love.

However, the models are a little blase and really distract from the craftsmanship of the clothes.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:11 PM) : 

carpenter jeans? really???

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:04 PM) : 

Good looking men, but I didn't realize heroin chic was back in. I suppose it's always in, in Paris.

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (8:37 PM) : 

these are perfection..the comfort of a sweater in the sophistication of a blazer...

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:17 PM) : 

This looks wonderful and exciting! Nice jackets and cardigans! :)

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:05 AM) : 

I have never said this before, but I'm not a fan of this shoot in terms of the style, not the quality of the photos. The photo with the red headed guy who buttoned the bottom button of his blazer is just embarrassing!

 

Blogger Summer said ... (12:59 AM) : 

I love these blazers!
It's very creative!
I love JW shows too!
To make blazers out of knit and look at those patterns in blazers! Those patterns only can keep me warm during the winter! wow!
Just Amazing!!

 

Anonymous JNC said ... (2:19 AM) : 

It's good, but it just looks like what every hipster boy I know wears. Nothing new. Still like it though.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:15 AM) : 

Yeaahh! Old Norwegian sweater patterns in blazers! How strange, and yet really, really cool!

 

Blogger Edition Deluxe said ... (4:04 AM) : 

Denim looks like Mister Freedom!? Fresh look!

 

Blogger cip said ... (4:10 AM) : 

those first three jackets - amazing!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:40 AM) : 

Sweaters like blazers! Love!

http://theythinkimtooyoung.blogspot.com

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (5:37 AM) : 

oh come on... you must be kidding, its awful, I CANNOT be the only person who thinks this...

 

Anonymous MTX said ... (6:00 AM) : 

VERY NICE JAQUET !!!

 

Anonymous Gabitza said ... (6:22 AM) : 

Finally some pure creation!

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (6:51 AM) : 

I love the shoes in the last picture and I love the look in the first picture. What's with all the models looking hung over?

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:02 AM) : 

awesome!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:36 AM) : 

Two words for the one with the hat:
ELMER FUDD

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:35 AM) : 

"water in the basement" fashionable again, sacre bleu :/

 

Blogger cecilew said ... (12:05 PM) : 

I really LOVE the prints blazers, especially the second one. it’s wonderful!

 

Blogger Miriam Parkman said ... (3:23 PM) : 

It doesen't happen often, but sometimes new takes on old classics really work. Like this time!
I love the knitted blazers, and the Brokeback Mountain/lumberjack-style along with it can never get ugly. Personally, I like the first and third picture best. The model on the third picture made me gasp! Haha.
I can see this collection in all swedish fashion magazines, and definately on the streets of Stockholm...

 

Blogger istanbul fashion addict said ... (3:30 PM) : 

not a big fan of colours.I love jil sander for menswear.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:53 PM) : 

Pip, you are not alone. Those Norweigan sweater jackets are truly appalling. Maybe its a age thing, but OMG. I'm having flashbacks to high school in '75.

 

Anonymous Isi said ... (6:33 PM) : 

it's great the way Junya Watanabe took the concept of sweaters and turned them into blazer's awesome!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:05 PM) : 

this is all i've ever wanted, and i like how easily i can imagine people wearing this stuff on the streets

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:07 PM) : 

Great clothes, great shots! But the poor models all look so ill/exhausted/dirty -- ugh... )-:

 

Anonymous Bobby-O said ... (12:18 PM) : 

So I guess I'm the only one who thought those were some ugly ugly jackets and absurd high water pants.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:11 PM) : 

Pure perfection, the models remind me of the movie Diary of Anne Frank. www.copperetiquette.wordpress.com

 

Anonymous Beth said ... (2:48 PM) : 

If one wants to see this exact type of fashion or meet one of these frail hipster vegan boys with curious facial hair, come to my Whole Foods in Chicago. The employees are dead ringers!

 

Anonymous Marissa Tombs said ... (4:22 PM) : 

True words, Beth. Come to Montreal and you'll find hundreds of these boys in art school studios and underground loft parties. What's new, Junya?

 

Blogger Black Cat Vintage said ... (12:22 AM) : 

I love these fair isle jackets

 

Blogger Yoli said ... (12:28 AM) : 

The clothes are forgettable, the models stand out like characters from a movie. The one with the wild look and the red headed one with the mustache--brilliant.

 

Anonymous anita b. said ... (1:36 AM) : 

it looks like junya went through crispin glover's closet.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:12 AM) : 

fair isle knits NEVER looked so good!

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (7:45 AM) : 

Drop dead collection; who else could make L.L. Bean and the quintessential 'ugly' holiday sweater look so right now? And the models....yummy

 

post a comment
Newer Posts Older Posts
Best Web Hosting