This page has moved to our new address, www.thesartorialist.com. If you're not redirected within a few seconds, please click below. If you still have issues, please clear your cache and try again.

On the Street....Renata, Milano

 
 
 
 
 















Rss Feed

Links

Assignment Photography and Syndication

Gallerist

Categories

This entire site ⓒ 2005-2011 The Sartorialist. All of the photographs herein, unless otherwise noted, are copyrighted by the photographer. No part of this site, or any of the content contained herein, may be used or reproduced in any manner whatsoever without express permission of the copyright holder(s).



 

Friday, February 05, 2010

On the Street....Renata, Milano

I think this is the first picture I have posted of Renata with her new haircut.

Comments on "On the Street....Renata, Milano"

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:33 AM) : 

She looks FABULOUS, love the haircut!!!

http://lifestylewithrobert.blogspot.com

 

Blogger Tati said ... (9:33 AM) : 

love it

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:35 AM) : 

amazing picture. I love it. and I love her hair and the coat.

 

Blogger apparellel said ... (9:36 AM) : 

everything about this photo is amazing!

xxx
t

 

Anonymous Sofia Martellini said ... (9:45 AM) : 

So classy.

 

Blogger Viscous .n. Hsieh said ... (9:49 AM) : 

Love it!!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:54 AM) : 

Lovely boots, scarf, specs and haircut. The coat not so great. Pants go.

 

Blogger Kathleen said ... (9:56 AM) : 

Look at Renata, she looks great. When I dream about what I'll look like when I reach her age, this is what I see. Her attitude is fantastic, and to me she is saying "Look at me! I am not afraid to express myself the way I want to and be damned my age or what others think". She is my hero! This is it, I'm buying the pair of Harness Boots I've wanted for the past year, enough with the constant age appropriate talk. One can mix it up and still dress with hipness and style at any age.

 

Blogger SONGMAKER said ... (9:57 AM) : 

This woman is at once too cool for school AND professorial!

And those hands!
If they aren't the
most ready-to-gesture hands I've
ever seen!

Nice photo.

 

Blogger Coco and Zaahb said ... (10:00 AM) : 

haha
I love her look

Http://cocozaahb.blogspot.com

 

Anonymous The Photodiarist said ... (10:01 AM) : 

I love the haircut, the colorful bulky scarf and the insouciance of her pant leg half tucked into one boot. Great shot.

 

Blogger Barbora said ... (10:03 AM) : 

I know smoking is bad but can not help myself,absolutely love this picture!The whole thing!:)

 

Blogger Gon said ... (10:04 AM) : 

Omg! She really looks like my drawing teacher! only thiner ahah :P

Love the colors and the pose, very elegant!

xx,
www.dimogonda.blogspot.com

 

Blogger ingefaer said ... (10:05 AM) : 

Oh how inspiring.............I love this woman! Her haircut, glasses - everything. Just beautiful.

 

Anonymous ziolele said ... (10:06 AM) : 

Renata watch out the car!!!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:09 AM) : 

I think the key here, as with most of your shots of slightly older men/women you shoot, is her swagger! Talk about keeping your head high! All these people have the look pf someone who is not afraid to live and loving every minute of it! Keep it up!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:10 AM) : 

Pure sophistication.

A wonderfully refreshing change from the adolescent stuff we too often see on this blog.

 

Blogger l´habitué said ... (10:19 AM) : 

Pure class.
True style.

http://lhabitue.blogspot.com/

 

Blogger  said ... (10:21 AM) : 

This makes me long for a few grey hairs! Crazy about the berry shade on her lips and scarf.

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (10:21 AM) : 

I am pretty sure she taught one of my classes in college....smiles.

 

Blogger C A said ... (10:23 AM) : 

Carrying her Macbook in the street, ah ah ah

 

Blogger David C said ... (10:27 AM) : 

the look is very distinguished but somewhat contrived - i think real style has a degree of effortlessness, nay even laziness and imperfection, an easy carelessness. She has that in the upper part of the photo - look at the macbook carried so carelessly without a case! But the only thing that brings it from careless to contrived is the single bootleg deliberately tucked in. Perhaps I'm wrong, but it looks to deliberate and loses the flair of reckless abandon..

 

Blogger alex said ... (10:31 AM) : 

She's so cool. Who is she?

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:36 AM) : 

I love this woman! And she looks so great with her new haircut. GREAT portrait!!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:37 AM) : 

Love her. And her haircut. And her devil may care attitude.

 

Blogger Miss Nutmeg said ... (10:38 AM) : 

the boots are great, and the scarf is a lovely color. :)

 

Blogger FASHION SNAG said ... (10:46 AM) : 

I like how one bootleg is showing and the other is hidden under her trousers. I also like the jacket and the scarf with a pop of color. xo

www.FashionSnag.com

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:50 AM) : 

A good example of sprezzatura...
love the scarf too

 

Blogger riviera t. (tania bucci) said ... (10:50 AM) : 

stupenda!

www.rivieramare.blogsot.com

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:52 AM) : 

who is renata ? and please! someone tell this ignorant what kind (material) that coat is made of ? it is marvellous !!

 

Blogger _ said ... (10:56 AM) : 

This is the best photo you've posted in a long time -- it's completely inspired. Just by looking at this picture, I know she is who I want to be when I'm her age.
s.

 

Blogger Emanuele said ... (11:03 AM) : 

Oh dear, I was just around the corner some hours ago!

She is a really stylish woman, I like this pic.

 

Blogger John B Pritchett said ... (11:07 AM) : 

Bravo! A great look! Wonderful attitude! Not a fan of the cigarette but love the Macbook as an accessory!
johnbenjaminpritchett.blogspot.com

 

Blogger Teresa @ good-grace said ... (11:07 AM) : 

I'm loving the slightly wonderful disheveled look! :)

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:10 AM) : 

Great picture. She looks like she doesn't care what anyone else thinks!

S
http://notjustmedical.wordpress.com

 

Anonymous nadine2point0 said ... (11:12 AM) : 

Hope I'm that cool at her age.... Her clothes are rather ordinary actually, in my opinion, but her style is ever present.

 

Anonymous edinamonsoon said ... (11:16 AM) : 

I agree about the deliberateness of the boot-tucking. However, she still exudes style, class and elegance.

 

Blogger La chica said ... (11:19 AM) : 

I think she's a bit like the writer Marguerite Duras, don't you think?

 

Blogger lintmag said ... (11:19 AM) : 

Scott, I think your next book should be with some of the people you shoot regularly, but with interviews about their thoughts on life, style, etc - I am always fascinated by how people choose their certain look, whether it is to my taste or not.
Renata looks great both ways!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:19 AM) : 

david - i'm taking a guess, but i don't believe the one pant leg tucked in, and one out is deliberate. i just started wearing some mid calf boots myself, and interestingly, I've found that, more often than not, one of my previously tucked pant legs will often wiggle it's way out of solitary confinement and into the wild south area of my boot. just one. weird.

...is that car approaching from the rear gonna stop in time???

 

Blogger MusaBenedetta said ... (11:21 AM) : 

Fantastic. The hair is just amazing. It really suits her personality.

 

Anonymous AnonymousJK said ... (11:33 AM) : 

She's simply too cool for words!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:35 AM) : 

isn't that coat a Max Mara from several years ago (think so because I own it), and it's the MOST luxurious mix of fabrics...feels like a fur coat almost. I'd love it if you'd use first AND last names--then if I don't know who they are I can google them and find out.

 

Blogger pete v said ... (11:36 AM) : 

Jedi chic

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (11:39 AM) : 

i'd die for a nice wave in my hair. she looks fabulous.

 

Blogger John Danner said ... (11:48 AM) : 

I thought the coat looked like a bathrobe- my only beef. Fantastic hair and glass though.

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (11:52 AM) : 

Classy!

 

Blogger Lisa Petrarca said ... (12:03 PM) : 

The best part about aging...CONFIDENCE!

Marvelous!

 

Blogger Scorpion Disco said ... (12:08 PM) : 

I feel obliged to comment because my name is Renata...there's not that many of us, so we should stick together!

And we all happen to be madly stylish, almost devilishly so.

cheers,
Renata

scorpiondisco.blogspot.com

 

Anonymous princess glee said ... (12:09 PM) : 

I dunno, could it be the posture or the tidiness from the scarf up that takes the look out of schlumphmode? Comfy but still ready to work.

 

Blogger what dia like said ... (12:12 PM) : 

sublime Renata!!
www.whatdilike.com

 

Anonymous a serious whore said ... (12:13 PM) : 

that,you are not taking this thing "seriously" enough, and than she laughed...

 

Blogger Elaine said ... (12:14 PM) : 

I love the effortless tuck of her pants into the boot.


clothedmuch.blogspot.com

 

Blogger Vinda Sonata said ... (12:24 PM) : 

i really like how she still looks elegant, even with quite a nonchalant look. she's such a woman with style! amazing haircut, too. everything's so perfectly places, except the cigarette. duh.


fashion atelier.

 

Blogger Kate said ... (12:34 PM) : 

I love her hair, her boots, her glasses, and her "yes?" look!

 

Blogger Lemon for breakfast said ... (12:37 PM) : 

I like those boots!! :)

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (12:40 PM) : 

Anyone else think she's channelling a little Katharine Hepburn? x

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:42 PM) : 

Innt [sic] she cute?! I love the matchy coat and boots, which are the perfect weight and texture for each other.

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (12:45 PM) : 

Adore the haircut, adore the glasses, and hate to admit it, but even adore the cig (only on her though).

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:51 PM) : 

love love love her attitude and style!! I hope I am that chic when I get to be her age! Go Renata! xoxo

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:56 PM) : 

That's not a Macbook. It's an Asus Eee PC 900 series. Apple doesn't have a monopoly on white computers.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:10 PM) : 

I wish my mother would dress like that!! She looks fantastic!! And I'm not going to make a comment about the cigarette....

 

Blogger NSP said ... (1:11 PM) : 

Love the boots!

http://thenotoriousshoulderpad.blogspot.com/

 

Anonymous The Hype Around said ... (1:36 PM) : 

I love this photo. Renetta certainly demonstrates that it is not clothes that make the man (or woman), but the style in which he or she wears them. Her flair for the dramatic can be seen in her pairing of the coat with a colorful scarf tied ever so wonderfully in a devil may care fashion. The suede boots hilighted by beiing partially tucked in a pant leg. And finally, that gesture of her "free" hand extended with a cigarette while the other one is carrying a notebook. This is a Jean-Luc Godard moment, for sure.

some peole have style and some peole merely pretend. This woman is surely the real deal!

www.thehypearound.blogspot.com

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:45 PM) : 

Really? Sure - she definately has her own personal style, but you won't find me raving about the loveliness of one pant leg tucked, one not.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:47 PM) : 

She is great but I agree with the bathrobe comment and add the boots to it it looks like she rushed out of the house - but her attitude takes care of it all!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:47 PM) : 

elegant but at the same time youthful! how do these italian ladies pull it off?

 

Blogger Abigail said ... (1:49 PM) : 

I keep thinking about going back to that hair cut as well.

 

Anonymous YogaSpy said ... (2:25 PM) : 

I agree with lintmag that a book featuring your regular subjects would be fascinating. Witnessing someone's fashion sense (and sensibility) on multiple days reveals a lot about one's character.

But here's the real lesson I've learned from your work: Why not showcase personal style every day? Why be lazy about grooming or aesthetics or individuality?

I have a friend who, like your subjects, looks sharp no matter where he's going. He dresses for himself, not for any occasion or any trend. And people notice. Whenever I'm with him, strangers always comment on his cool shoes or his handmade bikes (that he builds himself in his "free time").

He looks like no one else. This Renata looks like no one else. Your photos highlight personal style and inspire everyone to cultivate their own.

 

Blogger Charles said ... (2:30 PM) : 

Effortless.

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (2:35 PM) : 

Wow - the new hair do is superb! Graceful, striking and very fashionable. But please, smoking is sooo OVER! You have multiple shots of her, cig in hand (booo)

 

Blogger Ellinor Forje said ... (2:37 PM) : 

Beautiful.

 

Blogger Liliana P. said ... (2:40 PM) : 

What a stylish lady! Love her coolness...

www.sweetandtenderfashionista.blogspot.com

 

Anonymous Helena said ... (2:53 PM) : 

Lovely. What a lady!

 

Blogger Lolitta said ... (3:10 PM) : 

Love her swag!!!

http://loveyourfabulousself.blogspot.com/

 

Blogger Lauren said ... (3:12 PM) : 

oh my goodness.

i want TO BE HER.

 

Blogger lorax said ... (3:18 PM) : 

This is who I want to be when I'm old. Right down to the untucked pant leg in the boot.

http://lesadventuresdulorax.blogspot.com

 

Blogger Bell said ... (3:19 PM) : 

Tre Chic, especial woman.

 

Blogger Vitrinen said ... (3:19 PM) : 

Thank you for this pic. Now I am not afraid of getting older anymore. This is beautiful and cool.

 

Blogger Marie Montage said ... (3:38 PM) : 

Lovely. I'm most impressed by outfits where I can deconstruct each item one by one and everything in itself is quite simple, but together amazing. Sign of creativity.

xx

Marie Montage

 

Anonymous Darcy H said ... (3:40 PM) : 

Pretty great.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:57 PM) : 

pose and posture

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:11 PM) : 

excellent

 

Blogger I'm Heraid said ... (4:14 PM) : 

Her outfit is so casual yet so elegant!

 

Blogger Crimsonite said ... (4:14 PM) : 

perfect.

 

Anonymous Em said ... (4:19 PM) : 

This is what i want to be when i grow up!

Scott, you have such a gift of capturing the essence of a person.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:09 PM) : 

The purple makes it all work.

http://thisismysuit.com

 

Blogger Caroline Gault said ... (6:16 PM) : 

Gorgeous photography capturing a moment in time. I love this shot so much. Disheveled yet put together. This woman has a story.

http://www.carolineginthecity.blogspot.com

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:50 PM) : 

so is so cool. i love her hair, that scarf, that coat...
everything is just so effortless.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:49 PM) : 

Oh la la. She looks great and fun!

 

Blogger Cobalt Violet said ... (8:38 PM) : 

Fabulous photo... and it hard to be cozy and stylie at the same time~ LOVE the hair, splash of color and of course ... glasses! ;)

 

Blogger jku said ... (8:47 PM) : 

Gorgeous! I love her confidence!

 

Blogger http://dkzody.wordpress.com said ... (9:18 PM) : 

Is that a Kindle she is holding? Or a notebook computer?

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (10:27 PM) : 

this is the most comfortable looking outfit ever.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:43 PM) : 

ive never seen anything so utterly cool & fantastic

 

Blogger Kathleen said ... (12:51 AM) : 

I believe she is RENATA MOLHO. Very famous, especially in the 80's.

 

Blogger Domino said ... (1:48 AM) : 

so classic and chic, and timeless.
amazing. these photos always give me so much style inspiration

:)Domino

http://domino-fashionprodigy.blogspot.com

http://domino-fashionprodigy.blogspot.com

 

Blogger Carol said ... (1:52 AM) : 

I need those glasses frames.

 

Anonymous Gin said ... (2:23 AM) : 

LOVE her new hair style <3
she looks so cute here!!!!!!!!
it took me a while to appreciate her style but now i just love how she wears clothes. Thanks Sart!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:29 AM) : 

She must have arrived by bike, that´swhy her left pants leg is tucked in. I like the coat now, it took some hours to get to like it.

 

Blogger istanbul fashion addict said ... (3:33 AM) : 

her coat is heart stopper.beautiful!

http://istanbulfashionaddict.blogspot.com/

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:47 AM) : 

COOL!

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (5:53 AM) : 

Fantastic energy!

 

Anonymous Filuzi said ... (6:01 AM) : 

Nothing gives elegance to a hand like a fag- ( I know I know)

 

Blogger MELISSA Z. said ... (6:16 AM) : 

Classy lady!

www.abitoffashion.com

 

Blogger Neppo said ... (6:34 AM) : 

Sart, I always love to see your photos of Renata. Thank you for them!

 

Blogger Katie G said ... (8:32 AM) : 

the haircut IS the look, really

 

Blogger beths said ... (8:49 AM) : 

New glasses, too, with the haircut? Gorgeous--hurray for attitude. The cigarette looks divine, as carried. Just don't smoke it.

 

Blogger leighanne said ... (9:51 AM) : 

utterly fabulous: hair, glasses, what style...totally her own person...soooo refreshing to see!!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:52 AM) : 

She is so classy!
And the boots are amazing! :)

Chr.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:58 AM) : 

Gee, she always look great and so COMFORTABLE. FAb boots. Cozy coat. Love her hair.

 

Blogger peevish said ... (11:35 AM) : 

I have hair envy.

And her attitude is everything, really. Brava.

 

Blogger Diane said ... (12:42 PM) : 

Wow, for her age and for her attitude!

kiss

 

Blogger Arruza and Brown said ... (12:52 PM) : 

me gusta,los pantalones metidos por las botas casualmente.
i love, the pants into the boots casualy

 

Anonymous Licia said ... (1:30 PM) : 

Lovley coat!

www.liciaflorio.it/blog

 

Blogger ADJ said ... (3:14 PM) : 

ageless beauty, sophistication, and depth. she looks like a literary genuis!

www.greeneggsandglam.blogspot.com

 

Blogger modernhaus said ... (4:22 PM) : 

Oh, this is what growing older is supposed to be. She has, I believe it is called, "insouciance".
http://modernhaus.blogspot.com/2010/02/youre-probably-hipster-if.html

 

Anonymous Rebecca O'Neil said ... (9:29 PM) : 

This is one of my favorites. She looks great. Fabulous, comfortable/laid back yet inspired.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:57 AM) : 

So much more fun and inspiring to look at than these plastic fashionistas with all the 'right' brands.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:50 AM) : 

I love her scarf and the way she smokes
But i'm not a big fan of the trouser into the boots.
At least if she did both sides...

 

Blogger Jeanne Henriques said ... (9:12 AM) : 

Does it get any better than this?? An absolute classic, I love it!

 

Blogger tizzylish said ... (9:17 AM) : 

I want to look like her when i get older and more beautiful. Love the hair and lipstick.

http://wwwfuzzyland.blogspot.com

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:04 AM) : 

Just wonderful.....she always looks great and you photograph her beautifully!
Thanks....L

 

Blogger Suzanne Pasch said ... (8:34 PM) : 

Elegant, and her own. I dream of looking like this at her age. Ah Renata!!!

 

Blogger Room4777 said ... (3:47 AM) : 

She's one of my favorites...always looking playfully sophisticated.

 

Anonymous Joanna Roman said ... (5:28 AM) : 

Very good haircut, very becoming :)
and of course, the rest... as always, very pleasant to look at! She is a person with her very stable and settled style and I do really think that's highly valuable

 

Blogger Serena Lindeman said ... (4:49 PM) : 

For me it's about the way she looks so confident in herself. It's an inside job here and I imagine she could carry off a lot of different looks just by being sure of who she is. Thanks for adding to the language of beauty in popular culture.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:17 PM) : 

What a stylish woman... she looks simply fabulous!!!

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (6:27 PM) : 

she is just fantastic......
see more about Milan Mens on our blog at www.scout.com.au

 

Anonymous Nan said ... (7:52 PM) : 

oh, much better!! looks great!

 

Anonymous Pickles & Coffee said ... (11:38 PM) : 

I love this woman, i want to have coffee with her, and talk about anything she wants to!

www.picklesandcoffee.com

 

Anonymous Anna said ... (11:44 PM) : 

This is EXACTLY who I want to be when I grow up.

 

Anonymous desertwind said ... (3:22 AM) : 

Aw, Sart -- She's my favorite of all your regulars. All these years.

I just luv her.

New haircut is fabulous.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:06 PM) : 

She is one of my favorites of this blog! The glasses, hair, coat, lipstick, are all great, but best of all . . . she looks comfortable! No 8-inch high dominatrix shoes or clothes she can't breathe in. Now THIS is chic.

 

Blogger the goorgeous said ... (5:27 AM) : 

amazing style! love the haircut and the woman itself, such a taste!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:53 AM) : 

She looks so good. This is how I want to look when I get older.. Btw, the way she holds her cigarette is exactly the way "Cruella DeVille" holds it!

 

Anonymous gia said ... (12:24 PM) : 

Amazing,love the hair,will now change my style,overall just a great look,i am full of envy1

 

Anonymous Julia said ... (6:18 PM) : 

Renata looks very chic with her new haircut!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:38 AM) : 

WOW! Love the old-world charm!

- www.21Arrondissement.com

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (4:10 AM) : 

i adore her sophisticated style, and im totally loving those glasses.
http://thedouchebaguette.blogspot.com/

drop by, anytime

 

Blogger bird of light said ... (1:54 AM) : 

Dare I say there is to me, romance in her boots? Utterly herself, she is. And with all that loose clothing - the juxtaposition of her stance appears to capture a rare individuality; just take a look at her posture!..; )

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:39 AM) : 

She is an impressive spirited person no doubt.

 

Blogger T said ... (1:19 PM) : 

When I get to that age, i wanna be just like that.

 

Anonymous marleen said ... (1:25 PM) : 

what an amazing lady...

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:34 PM) : 

Love the hair! Even though it's a more mature look, it's also more sophisticated. Her confident expression says it all.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:11 AM) : 

woah. attitude!

 

Anonymous prettykitty said ... (8:09 PM) : 

come on she is Gorgeousness All AROUND

 

Anonymous ivy lee said ... (8:52 AM) : 

Love her! So earthy & original at the same time.

 

Blogger Debbie D said ... (9:37 AM) : 

She is beautiful, fierce and independent looking.

 

post a comment
Newer Posts Older Posts
Best Web Hosting