This page has moved to our new address, www.thesartorialist.com. If you're not redirected within a few seconds, please click below. If you still have issues, please clear your cache and try again.

Bagutta, Milano

 
 
 
 
 















Rss Feed

Links

Assignment Photography and Syndication

Gallerist

Categories

This entire site ⓒ 2005-2011 The Sartorialist. All of the photographs herein, unless otherwise noted, are copyrighted by the photographer. No part of this site, or any of the content contained herein, may be used or reproduced in any manner whatsoever without express permission of the copyright holder(s).



 

Saturday, February 06, 2010

Bagutta, Milano



When Garance and I are just too tired to "go out" for dinner in Milan. We always seem able to drag ourselves to Bagutta.

Try the antipasti bar or the pepper steak. Well, it all seems to be good and the people watching is superb.

Comments on "Bagutta, Milano"

 

Blogger Roman Dennis said ... (4:31 PM) : 

it looks just like what id imagine italy to be i love it

Roman @ http://fashionwhatsnext.blogspot.com

 

Anonymous Em said ... (4:35 PM) : 

Having never been to Milan, my impression of it was a fashion/trade city, quite cold and industrial. But since reading your posts and seeing your gorgeous pics I am totally in love with this beautiful place and would love to visit it one day.

Mmm, pepper steak...

 

Anonymous Kate Evans said ... (4:38 PM) : 

I agree one of the best!

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (4:40 PM) : 

I can completely understand why you and Garance would eat at such an elegant restaurant. I like all of these suggestions of places in Europe because when I visit I will be able to decide where to go.
check out my trendy blog!
http://thetrendydwarf.blogspot.com/

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (4:42 PM) : 

Looks like a charming place. I like it.

Kisses

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:42 PM) : 

Their spaghetti is amazing too!
I love that place, I'm so glad you and Garance go to eat there too!

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (4:46 PM) : 

Lovely door...aren't they wonderful...smiles.

 

Anonymous fashionsdirtylaundry said ... (4:47 PM) : 

The lighting and the colors in this photo are spot on! You really captured the richness of the oak...

Great work! I always look forward to more!

 

Blogger Priscilla said ... (4:53 PM) : 

beautiful shot! love it, it looks so... familiar, like a normal stroll down the neighborhood

 

Anonymous G. Cavalari said ... (4:55 PM) : 

Porta muito clássica, bem ao estilo de Milão

 

Blogger Miri said ... (4:56 PM) : 

Will try it soon - looks like an insider tip ;-)

 

Anonymous Alexander said ... (5:02 PM) : 

I've actually been here myself. Funny that you mention it on your blog, it is indeed a superb restaurant.

 

Blogger Chelsea said ... (5:03 PM) : 

During my first (who knows when) visit, I will be sure to make a stop here. A girl can dream...

My Life in Style

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:08 PM) : 

My first business trip : I went to Milan back in 87 and I felt sooo important !My boss took me to Bagutta. Thanks for the memories ...

 

Blogger Alejandra Mondaca / Séptimo Sentido said ... (5:11 PM) : 

This little places all over Italy are exacly SUPERB (as you said)...

I've never been to Milano but I had similar experiences on Roma, Venezia and small towns such as Assissi.

Great pic by the way!

Anytime you visit Mexico just let me know so I can give you some tips about this kind of restaurants over here.

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (5:34 PM) : 

love the TYPE very TARANTINO

 

Blogger M said ... (5:38 PM) : 

Will definitely try it someday this month. That you for recommending it.

Kind regards,
Fahsion Abuse

 

Blogger Liz said ... (6:09 PM) : 

I love that your blog is transforming into something more than just your daily encounters of fashion. Come back to NY and do a signing. Bring Garance, please!

 

Blogger The Red Umbrella said ... (6:12 PM) : 

I'm getting hungry.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:14 PM) : 

Jeez I really need to get out the US.

 

Blogger Tanja said ... (6:19 PM) : 

I have to get there S-O-O-N! Thanks

 

Blogger Bell said ... (6:31 PM) : 

thanks for your recomendation.

 

Blogger The Concrete Commentator said ... (6:39 PM) : 

sounds perfect.

 

Blogger Francesca Robertson said ... (7:13 PM) : 

ugh now all i have to do is get to milan! it looks adorable.

xoxo,
F

lekisskiss.blogspot.com <-- Texas gal bloggin fashion from NYC!

 

Blogger Jean-pierre MATTEI ( clothings maker who shares some fashion sketches .............................. ) said ... (7:16 PM) : 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
What a good eye you got ! ( And i'm always sincere ! )

This reminds me a Banania box ! ^^



Kiss !
Friend Jean-Pierre MATTEI
=========================================================

 

Anonymous Zazie's said ... (7:59 PM) : 

This place looks so genuine!

 

Anonymous Dk said ... (8:01 PM) : 

OMG ! please make me love Milan. I have been living in Milan for already 6 months and Im quite dissapointed. The first 2 months were the hardest. Since I have never been to Europe before I was expecting beautiful stuffs but when I arrived in Milan... I almost died of dissapointment. My italian friends told me not to think of Europe as Milan or better said... Not to think the entire Italy is like Milan. I have been told Rome, Florence, Venice, other italians cities are way preetier but I see many many people in love with Milan and I just dont understand... I will try that Bagutta restaurant sometime soon. I hope to start loving Milan soon to make my daily life easier and better. by the way, your blog is awesome !

 

Blogger Lauren said ... (8:16 PM) : 

I'd like to see what you two wear when you are "too tired."

Something fabulous, no doubt.

 

Blogger Life Abroad said ... (8:21 PM) : 

thanks for the recommendation, i'll remember the next time i'm in milano!

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (8:33 PM) : 

If you haven't already been there Paper Moon is one of my fave's in Milano and it happens to be across the street from Bagutta. My friends family have been patrons since the 50's and don't fail to remind me that things haven't changed much since.

 

Blogger Sarah Grace said ... (8:49 PM) : 

I just saw the movie When in Rome today. I know Rome's not Milan, but it is in Italy and it was beautiful. I can't wait to go. Love the photo.

http://thebuzzonfashion.blogspot.com

 

Anonymous scarpe negozi said ... (9:10 PM) : 

everytime we come to Micam to buy for next season we end up at Bagguta. Last time Stuart Weitzman was sitting and eating there by himself. great place!

 

Blogger Jill Roberts Freeman said ... (10:08 PM) : 

Used to eat there in the late 80's with my boss while I was buying Romeo Gigli and Prada for his shops in Beverly HIlls. I remember it well!

 

Blogger madeleine said ... (10:14 PM) : 

Ooh, as many meals missed there running to appointments and shows as sit downs to watch the classical Milanese in`fashion chic that was somehow more sturdy than the fantasy American buyers hunted there before traveling in packs to the next fashion capital.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:33 PM) : 

One of my absolute favourite restaurants in Milan!! I love Bagutta!

Will you be visiting Helsinki soon, Sart?

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:35 PM) : 

Thanks for sharing this. My favorite stop for a coffee is near there - Bastianello on Via Borgogna, other side of San Babila. - Shantel

 

Blogger Bru Marx said ... (11:05 PM) : 

I just love this city.
love the photo.

 

Blogger Vinda Sonata said ... (11:13 PM) : 

interesting photography site! i'd love to be photographed in front of the door. you always find the coolest sites and people!


fashion atelier.

 

Blogger GiKay said ... (11:18 PM) : 

Oh i love this restaurant..i went there this summer with my father..i had the pepper steak u're talking abt actually :D with zucchini flowers.. mm..that was delicious !
Can'T wait to go back this summer..

By the way you should try Bice (via Borgospesso), and ask for the robespierre, its not on the menu..and its pure HEAVEN !!!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:19 PM) : 

i miss the days when your site was pure art photography; the photographer not injected into everything.

 

Blogger Oh my Dior! said ... (11:19 PM) : 

i'm going to try it when i can hope soon

http://www.ohmydior.org/

 

Blogger Alley Kurgan said ... (11:33 PM) : 

this entrance is epic!

 

Anonymous ivka said ... (11:46 PM) : 

Yesterday I was thinking please don't mention Bagutta or paper moon on your next post - it is hard enough getting a table now. This is one of my favourite restaurants in the world - when in season the grilled mushrooms are divine and the courtyard is magical on a summer's day

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:53 PM) : 

aaah, what a beautiful door. Only wonderful things could be inside.

 

Anonymous zuccotto said ... (12:57 AM) : 

Does self promotion have no end?

I've originally liked both of you.

I assume you won't let this show on a post.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:24 AM) : 

I found the most charming and tasty eateries in Como town, the further you wind into the smaller streets the more intimate they are. The best pizza I've ever eaten was in Cernobbio (10mins away) and you know it's good when only the locals are in there.

 

Blogger thwany said ... (2:48 AM) : 

it looks like there's so much mystery behind that door

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:29 AM) : 

I have been trying to convince everybody I know that Milan is a amazing place. I have been there once, but completely fell in love with the place. I will go to Bagutta next time (especcialy when You, Garance and Stuart Weitzman might be there!)

Arrivederci amico!

 

Anonymous zika said ... (5:12 AM) : 

I love the fact that youre interested in arquitectur too. The öast two posts just show how the spirit of the arquitecture that surrounds ypu simply inspires to dress in a cetain manner!

 

Anonymous molière said ... (5:32 AM) : 

i like the way your blog is getting more personal every time... i mean, i don't like this because of voyeurism, i like it because you seem to feel really comfortable doing your job, you're a real photographer (synonim of artist), not just a hired-by-a-magazine-pseudofashionable one...

congratulations scott! i've been following you for years and i like this blog more than ever every day!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:07 AM) : 

Bagutta in Milan is an evergreen classic of milanese tradition, as well as "Bice Restaurant" and "Il Boeucc".. Infact they are all hidden in the small but enchanting roads just off Via Montenapoleone.

But now, best place to go is "Le Bistrot di Giacomo"... And i'll leave you to this... Your judgment!

 

Blogger wrecklessgirl said ... (7:14 AM) : 

This comment has been removed by the author.

 

Anonymous Terry Glenn Phipps said ... (7:50 AM) : 

Bagutta is an all time favorite. I've been a patron since my first visit to Italy as a teenager in 1982.

Living here we now head out for sushi or Indian whenever in Milano, things that one misses in a basically mono-cuisine nation.

 

Blogger Leonidas said ... (8:00 AM) : 

my best restaurant in Milan. Oh those antipasti

http://thestyleparticle.blogspot.com

 

Blogger Miiicha said ... (8:17 AM) : 

How pretty!

|| M

 

Blogger tizzylish said ... (9:16 AM) : 

My mouth is already watering for some good pasta. These Parisian grey, wet skies are starting to get me down...Thanks for the idea.

http://wwwfuzzyland.blogspot.com

 

Blogger FASHION SNAG said ... (11:33 AM) : 

Thanks for the tip! I will remember this place, especially for people watching =) My boyfriend and I love to do that as well. xo

www.FashionSnag.com

 

Anonymous Tilla Lindig said ... (11:42 AM) : 

Then you must love St.John's in London, too. Both my absolute favourits !!!! LOL, Tilla.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:51 AM) : 

It’s a brilliant restaurant. I just love the rigatoni alla bagutta, and the waiter that wears sunglasses inside all year round!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:29 PM) : 

Milan is a city you learn to love. I've been here one year now. I often recommend Bagutta to clients. By the way, for your next Milan visit, you (all) should stay at Town House 31 or 33, or any of the other 3 Town House hotels in the city. Highly recommend it!

 

Anonymous Camellia Shahmoradi said ... (6:06 PM) : 

the best

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (6:07 PM) : 

very nice

 

Blogger C A said ... (6:09 PM) : 

@ "Em",

Your idea about what Milan is, actually is right, but of course it has very Italian details around the city, but it's nothing beautiful compared to Rome or Florence for example.

 

Blogger carrieitly said ... (7:56 PM) : 

tucking this suggestion away for next time we're there. cheers.

 

Blogger fig said ... (2:34 AM) : 

Ah! the fashionable set that stepped thru this door in 1924 ...

 

Blogger Emanuele said ... (5:28 AM) : 

In my opinion, and I tried nearly every restaurant in the city, I have to say the foods and services, are too much often under the usual standard of quality you can find in other cities in Italy...
as a tourist I would better visit Rome first...

 

Blogger davidikus said ... (9:43 AM) : 

Yes, it is a fashion/trade city, quite cold and industrial and the foods and services, are too much often under the usual standard of quality you can find in other cities in Italy...

However, some places in Milan are nice & charming.

 

Blogger Loren Barake said ... (10:49 AM) : 

The place is NOT that good and completely overpriced, the only good thing are antipasti, main courses aren't liked by any people who go there!

 

Blogger everyday a floor show said ... (11:07 AM) : 

Been going there forever...love the vibe and the fact that clients dress a bit...mi paice molto.

 

Blogger Marc Chehade said ... (2:51 PM) : 

Absolutely Beautiful!

I want to walk through these doors.

http://andthingsofthisnature.blogspot.com/

 

Blogger lola said ... (5:37 PM) : 

you should try Luini's panzerotti, you won't regret it.
Luini‎
Via Santa Radegonda, 16
20121 Milano, Italy
02 8646 1917

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:24 PM) : 

Great place- love the penne a la bagutta there! Once my husband and I ordered a second dish of it each because it was just so damn good.

 

Anonymous Christine Vieira said ... (10:50 AM) : 

Love the doors! Reminds me of a post I did on ceilings..
http://christinevieira.com/blog/?p=211

 

Blogger the goorgeous said ... (5:20 AM) : 

seems really authentic! I willl go for sure if I ever go to milan!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:41 AM) : 

Ilove that place!!! been there twice and it's delicious

 

Blogger www.casaecose.com said ... (9:07 AM) : 

I spent 7 years in Italy and know that i live in SPAIN i do miss the italian food badly....so when ever I go to MILAN for a short peek at the fashion fairs me and my collueges usually end up here - and it does it for me. I can survive til next season. It is just that good!
...now im hungry...

 

Blogger Amrutha said ... (7:13 PM) : 

I want to step behind that door and hopefully meet someone interesting.

http://pkutty.blogspot.com

 

Anonymous Liz said ... (8:54 AM) : 

i ve been there one week ago !!!!! i love the food, spaghetti with seafruits mmmm luvly !!
tnx for posting this photo, it s the reason why i have been there

 

Anonymous thatcdngirl said ... (7:32 PM) : 

i hope one day i'll be "too tired to go out"... in Milan.

 

Blogger Maggies said ... (5:02 AM) : 

Best risotto in Milan and the restaurant is great!! Love it and miss it!!!!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:46 PM) : 

best spaghetti pomodoro on the planet!

 

post a comment
Newer Posts Older Posts
Best Web Hosting