This page has moved to our new address, www.thesartorialist.com. If you're not redirected within a few seconds, please click below. If you still have issues, please clear your cache and try again.

On the Street....At Ralph Lauren, NYC

 
 
 
 
 















Rss Feed

Links

Assignment Photography and Syndication

Gallerist

Categories

This entire site ⓒ 2005-2011 The Sartorialist. All of the photographs herein, unless otherwise noted, are copyrighted by the photographer. No part of this site, or any of the content contained herein, may be used or reproduced in any manner whatsoever without express permission of the copyright holder(s).



 

Friday, October 02, 2009

On the Street....At Ralph Lauren, NYC

Comments on "On the Street....At Ralph Lauren, NYC"

 

Anonymous chantelle said ... (9:08 PM) : 

love!

 

Blogger kittenmasks said ... (9:09 PM) : 

His and hers! So cute!

 

Anonymous Becky said ... (9:12 PM) : 

Love how the brown of the shoes is echoed in the color of the hem stitching. Totally makes me want a pair of shoes this color!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:13 PM) : 

Love the tones!

 

Anonymous Kallah Maguire said ... (9:15 PM) : 

I love a good men's shoe, I wonder who he's wearing...

Fantastic that you caught the male and female version chatting each other up!

~Kallah Maguire

Personal Styling, Shopping, & Image Consulting
http://chicshoppingla.com

Wardrobe Stylist Portfolio
http://kallahmaguire.com

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:17 PM) : 

Delicious!

 

Blogger Michael said ... (9:21 PM) : 

The shoes and colours are astounding!

 

Anonymous Victoria said ... (9:25 PM) : 

Oh I just want to touch them. When the colour is good, it's good.

 

Blogger Kcalpesh said ... (9:26 PM) : 

Nice shoes! That one looks like a cool shot!

- Pixellicious Photos

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:28 PM) : 

So chic! I love both looks! Though I prefer the one on the lft...

 

Blogger bravegrrl said ... (9:29 PM) : 

yummy!

 

Anonymous Holly said ... (9:32 PM) : 

Great photo! Looks like an ad shot.I really like saddle colored leather it has such richness...both pairs with the jeans cuffed scream RL!!!

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (9:34 PM) : 

What a pair of turn ups!

 

Blogger FASHION SNAG said ... (9:35 PM) : 

nice shoe shot!

www.fashionsnag.com

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:41 PM) : 

These are adorable. and exactly what needs to happen ALL season long.
Cute cuffs, cute shoes.

Afterall, black shoes are for funerals.

 

Blogger caknitter said ... (9:45 PM) : 

The shoes are beautiful!

 

Anonymous KL said ... (10:01 PM) : 

brown brogues, sockless, with turned up denim cuffs is starting to get a little tired, non?

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:01 PM) : 

Very cool.

 

Blogger Stefan said ... (10:03 PM) : 

wonderful and almost comedic symmetry.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:06 PM) : 

Mary Jane's for men?!

awesome!

we're getting lots of posts lately...muchos grasias, Sart!

 

Blogger Joy Mars said ... (10:08 PM) : 

Just as I thought! An exaggerated long toe is coming in as a fashion. I saw it first here with that photo of a group of Japanese fashionistas.

This is the link:
http://www.thesartorialist.com/photos/9139BlkPack9729Web.jpg

I saw extra long-toed shoes just today, in of all places a shop in Bev. Hills. Following Sart is making me very aware!

 

Blogger amy said ... (10:18 PM) : 

I love the dark denim and brown shoes combination gorgeous

 

Blogger Gardo Vásquez said ... (10:19 PM) : 

I want it, I want it !!!

 

Anonymous Anni Hall said ... (11:00 PM) : 

Fantastic photo! Both of those shoes are great and the stitching on the jeans are just meant to be!

 

Blogger Back said ... (11:10 PM) : 

lovely italian shoes....especially the lady's one...so cute....always look for a pair men shoes like that...but somehow...just cant find the perfect one.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:16 PM) : 

at first glance i thought they were his and hers.... but sart, are they? the opening seems too high for a maryjane....

 

Anonymous F.E. Castleberry said ... (11:31 PM) : 

I would actually like to see more women in brogues. Nice shot Scott.

 

Blogger laichungleung said ... (11:37 PM) : 

They look good, at least in part, because they are both selvedge denim, anything less won't look as good when cuffed. Maybe precisely that's why they are cuffed in the first place, to show off the selvedge. Nice brown shoes too.

 

Anonymous Tiffany said ... (11:40 PM) : 

Love the shoes

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:53 PM) : 

Love the shoes, but I'm not a fan of rolled jeans on men.

 

Blogger Deafkid said ... (11:53 PM) : 

this shot makes me smile.

 

Anonymous John Taylor said ... (12:11 AM) : 

I just love this photo, and his shoes…

 

Blogger Katie said ... (12:13 AM) : 

Gosh I want a pair!

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (12:36 AM) : 

Lovely shade of brown

 

Blogger Tanya said ... (12:42 AM) : 

Oh sart, you never fail to make my day. Can i just thank you again for doing what you do... Thank you, thank you, thank you! I really love this photo. And the shoes.

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (1:14 AM) : 

Thanks for the flats after Milano heels. Real working shoes deserve praise and the detail is always delivered at Ralph Lauren!http://www.ralphlauren.com/product/index.jsp?productId=3684210&cp=1760782.1898624&ab=int_082509_WShoesAccessories_Shoes&parentPage=family

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (1:33 AM) : 

Who says that the second pair are a 'hers'?. They look like a male monk shoe to me.

 

Anonymous Maranda said ... (1:42 AM) : 

Oh good, big feet are in.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:54 AM) : 

love that it's not the typical 'the sartorialist' shot (vertical)

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (2:24 AM) : 

wow great shoes and colors... I always love cuffed ends

 

Blogger Singapore Short Stories said ... (3:03 AM) : 

I shoot that pose with my wife before too. Interesting!

 

Blogger M said ... (3:06 AM) : 

That is quite a pair...!

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (3:46 AM) : 

Too The Same.male and female

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (4:04 AM) : 

Love the shoes on the right and though they look fem to me I am making no assumptions with the exception of believing that they are wonderful!

 

Blogger Fernando said ... (4:48 AM) : 

Don´t wear socks whith shoes is dirty. Maybe cool but dirty.

The brown brogues looks well

 

Anonymous L said ... (5:00 AM) : 

great!

 

Blogger the brown man said ... (5:16 AM) : 

I'm surprised most haven't commented on the selvage/selvedge denim they're both wearing! Beyond the contrast of the indigo against the rich patina that has developed on both their leather shoes -- the selvage gives them both such a refined edge. Awesome.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:16 AM) : 

wow, there is such finesse to this photo

 

Blogger Tristan said ... (6:41 AM) : 

I really like the denim cuff, and her shoes look better!

 

Blogger sofiasophie said ... (7:26 AM) : 

la coolitude aux pieds...

 

Blogger BMBurns said ... (7:34 AM) : 

I'm pretty sure they're both men...i've seen a few guys in similar shoes to the ones on the right and Vivienne Westwood has designed some for men, also.

 

Blogger C A said ... (7:54 AM) : 

I LOVE her shoes, it is very trendy.

MAISON CHAPLIN at Paris Fashion Week
MaisonChaplin.blogspot.com

 

Blogger elm479 said ... (8:35 AM) : 

So classic. The one on the right is so brilliant. I love that it's slightly androgynous.

 

Blogger Brummagem Joe said ... (9:19 AM) : 

They both look like Men's shoes to me but it is a little open to question.....can't say I'm too crazy about the sans socks with these shoe style, going sockless works in some cases and not others and here the effect is somehow not pleasing as it would be if they were say Tods. The monkstraps judging by the sheen are brand new whereas the brogues have been around a bit.....they have a nice patina but would look even better with a bit of polish as this would give them the same warm glow as the monkstrap.

 

Blogger Cindy at LottieBird said ... (10:02 AM) : 

Love the brown oxfords (brogues?). I loved the previous pix taken, too:

mens:
http://www.thesartorialist.com/photos/9269BolJeans1268Web.jpg

womens:
http://www.thesartorialist.com/photos/9119Boucle9244Web.jpg

and one that makes me think I'll wear my oxfords with skinny black pants today:
http://www.thesartorialist.com/photos/9129PlatHair9323Web.jpg

Always and inspiration sartorialist!

lottiebird.blogspot.com

 

Anonymous sanmiguelense said ... (10:49 AM) : 

Someone please tell what kind of jeans they are!

Really great shoes!

 

Blogger OC Modern Homes said ... (11:31 AM) : 

great shot! Love it!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:05 PM) : 

where can i find the shoes on the left? they're gorgeous

 

Blogger Amy said ... (12:13 PM) : 

Great shot! I really like the dark denim with that color leather.

 

Blogger The Khaki Crusader said ... (12:35 PM) : 

what a great photo

 

Blogger liv et Matilda said ... (3:56 PM) : 

shoe conversation!

 

Anonymous Coronita said ... (4:47 PM) : 

Love at first sight.

 

Blogger hi-d said ... (5:03 PM) : 

Very, VERY, cool shot!

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (7:17 PM) : 

The man's shoes are `Church's "Grafton" brogues.

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (7:20 PM) : 

Actually I'm mistaken.....the stitching detail is not the same as the Grafton. They are very similar though.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:36 PM) : 

The best in walking shoes~!

www.shorewalkers.org

 

Anonymous Julien said ... (7:36 PM) : 

Yes, please, what are the shoes on the left?

 

Anonymous Blank Label said ... (8:33 PM) : 

brown leather and selvage jeans... yes!!
love the wing tips =)

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:00 AM) : 

What brand of denims are these? That's my question.

 

Blogger GZ said ... (5:03 AM) : 

This reminds me to wear my brogues more often. Now, if I could just get those jeans...

 

Anonymous Bootstrapperboy said ... (7:08 AM) : 

love this pic, I was going to post it too my blog but I only post woman's boots - but was very tempted to make an exception!!! (",)

Feel free to post any boots that take your fancy: http://bootstrapperboy.tumblr.com/

 

Blogger Greg said ... (10:51 AM) : 

Where can I find this shoe? (men's)

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:54 PM) : 

I love those shoes. I´ve trying to get a pair for me but I havn´t found the right pair. Can anyone guess the brand?

www.fashionmemoires.blogspot.com

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:22 PM) : 

Looks like a pair of Loake Chester

 

Anonymous Elise said ... (4:42 PM) : 

cool!

 

Blogger Thomas said ... (6:30 PM) : 

my favorite new trend!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:25 PM) : 

Florsheim used to carry a very nice brogue in their imperial line that was very reasonable (even in the cordovans); I just found a vintage black pair, but I would love to have a pair of brown ones like the left pair...they have so much character and are virtually indestructible. Great selvage, BTW!

 

Blogger s.u.n.d.a.y.g.i.r.l said ... (10:26 PM) : 

these shoes are amazing!
they really look a couple of shoes.
love the color and the style!
sooo vintage.
hype!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:38 PM) : 

What's the thing with not wearing socks with your dress shoes? It makes you look like a four year-old, and it's not comfortable, nor very hygienic... Nice shoes, though.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:12 PM) : 

I absolutely love the mary janes. Today, coincidentally, I am wearing my old Ann Demeulemeester brown mary janes with brogueing. Must be in the air...

 

Blogger Betsy said ... (8:38 PM) : 

I think the real charm lies in the serendipity of finding these two individuals together when you have your camera on you.
And it's framed beautifully.

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (10:46 PM) : 

Beautiful flat-style elongated mary janes in brown. Who designed them?

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:34 AM) : 

May I ask, since this is probably the place to do it- How do people wear shoes like this without getting aweful cuts in their feet? This is one look that I just can't pull off because I love socks too much and if anyone had a tip that'd be great.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:35 AM) : 

? for all of you sartorialists out there- How do you pull of this look without getting horrible cuts and blisters from the leather shoes? this is one look I just can't pull off- I love socks and it hurts too much.

Tips?

 

Blogger calm said ... (9:10 AM) : 

So nice!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:54 AM) : 

I love this look, I have a great pair of brouges that i wear with very thin red laces and turned up jeans/no socks. I just love the the way that people react to it especially in a small city like mine!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:52 AM) : 

That is what shoes are all about, so perfect

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:08 PM) : 

I went and bought these after I saw this pic!

 

Blogger Daniel Cappuccitti said ... (11:21 AM) : 

I have these exact same looking shoe. I'm happy i actually made one good fashion decision!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:00 PM) : 

I've been looking for these shoes for weeks but I can't find them anywhere. I know these shoes are from Ralph Lauren but the is a darker brown on the ones they have for sale. Any ideas on where to find this lighter brown color? Anyone?

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:05 PM) : 

Does anyone know who makes the woman's shoes in this photo? I looked on RL site and they weren't there. Any help would be much appreciated! Great shot as usual! Thanks!

 

Blogger Rhys said ... (3:16 AM) : 

Somebody said earlier that the shoes on the left are Loake Chesters, which definitely look like a match.
This picture has inspired me to pick up a pair :)

 

Blogger David said ... (4:21 PM) : 

I don't think they are Loake Chesters if you look at some of the detailing. Could be C&J Cardiff
http://www.pediwear.co.uk/crockett/products/339.php

 

post a comment
Newer Posts Older Posts
Best Web Hosting