This page has moved to our new address, www.thesartorialist.com. If you're not redirected within a few seconds, please click below. If you still have issues, please clear your cache and try again.

The SartoriaLUST at Barneys

 
 
 
 
 















Rss Feed

Links

Assignment Photography and Syndication

Gallerist

Categories

This entire site ⓒ 2005-2011 The Sartorialist. All of the photographs herein, unless otherwise noted, are copyrighted by the photographer. No part of this site, or any of the content contained herein, may be used or reproduced in any manner whatsoever without express permission of the copyright holder(s).



 

Wednesday, September 09, 2009

The SartoriaLUST at Barneys


I am so excited about the launch of my book in New York!

I will be setting up a pop-up shop at Barneys called... The SartoriaLUST.

It has everything a Sartorialist would lust for... a specially curated mix of clothes and accessories pulled from the entire men's store at Barneys New York.

While I was at Pitti this Summer I also collaborated on a few special items with brands like: Boglioli, Roda and Sciamat and WANT Essentials, that will be sold exclusively at The SartoriaLUST. Even Al Bazar is sending a small selection of items all the way from Milan.

I spent yesterday selecting looks to go in the Barney's windows. It was tough! So much to choose from. In the end I was happy that the items I choose represented a real cross section of cool menswear. Designers like Dries, Ralph, Marc, and Jil are mixed with smaller brands like Duckie Brown, Lidfort and Fairfax.


A lot of the looks that I pulled were specifically based on some of my favorite photos from the blog. The green parka, white jeans, and navy blazer were specifically based on this photo that I have always loved.


Of course, when I saw this Dries Polaroid tee shirt I had to work it into the mix.


Tonight we will post the dates, times and locations for additional signings in the US, London, and Sao Paulo.

We will keep you updated about possible signings in Australia and beyond.

Ok, back to the streets and fashion weeks!!!

Comments on "The SartoriaLUST at Barneys"

 

Anonymous Kalle Lindholm said ... (10:22 AM) : 

Jil as in Sander? It's a brand, not a designer. Ooh I feel continental pointing that out!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:22 AM) : 

Congratulations! See you on the street.

 

Blogger James Jean said ... (10:28 AM) : 

Oohh, I know we all are stocked about the in stores! Congrats on the Barney's window. I flew by yesterday, saw Simon Doonan, their visual display is going to looks awesome as usual. And it's even sweeter that you'll be part of it.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:31 AM) : 

great. see you there. the cover would have been better without a photo, though.

 

Blogger lise.charmel said ... (10:33 AM) : 

good luck and have fun!
say you'll be coming to Milan too please

 

Blogger Victoria Nordgren said ... (10:34 AM) : 

A fitting location for this debut!! Can't wait!!

 

Blogger JouJou Loves You said ... (10:34 AM) : 

How wonderful it has been to follow your career over the years!!!! Now look at you!!!! Congratulations and all the best!!!!!!!

 

Blogger Green said ... (10:36 AM) : 

Fist of all, Congrats!!
I like the name "The SartoriaLUST" - How Lust?!
You are definitely a Trend Setter!

 

Blogger Jullie Alonso said ... (10:37 AM) : 

Congratulations!!!
It'll be a great sucsess,

kisses
=**

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:37 AM) : 

Pretty pretty pretty!

Could you also post the dates for your signings in Europe?

Unfortunately I was not able to go to Colette last weekend, but I am still hoping to get my lovely book signed soon.

Thank you very much dear Sart.

 

Blogger The Chukker said ... (10:38 AM) : 

Hey Sart!!! This is so exciting
I am heading off to Barney's right now!
Congratulations

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:40 AM) : 

Fantastic!. I hope you can come to Buenos Aires too.

 

Blogger taryn said ... (10:43 AM) : 

I am so excited! Can't wait to check out what you've pulled.

xx

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:46 AM) : 

The First commant!!

Sucha kids..ma self!

 

Anonymous garciamadrid said ... (10:47 AM) : 

well chosen!

 

Blogger Hayley said ... (10:56 AM) : 

Congratulations! This is so well deserved! I just wish I could come and see it all, shame I live in England!

xx

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (10:58 AM) : 

Hi Scott!
Can we find your book in Lisbon?
Thank you
BR
Inês

 

Anonymous Becky Colley said ... (11:01 AM) : 

Oh my god I'm so excited that you'll be coming to the UK! I'll HAVE to travel to London :-) (Any excuse). But if we've already bought the book will we be able to get it signed?! Or will we have to buy again? Have fun in NYC!

 

Blogger Hawa said ... (11:01 AM) : 

what an interesting concept!! cannot wait till you come down under again!! ah it shall be lovely sunshine and warmth and CONGRATULATIONS again on your succes for these past few years, you have come a long way and i have enjoyed this lovely journey with you!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:02 AM) : 

I'm confused, when will he be at Barney's? Will Scott be signing books?

 

Anonymous William Yan said ... (11:04 AM) : 

awesome, congrats Scott!

 

Blogger FASHIÓN (con acento) said ... (11:04 AM) : 

Come to Barcelona please!
Also to do a workshop! I´d love it!
xx

 

Anonymous Matt said ... (11:05 AM) : 

Amazing! When are you coming to LA?

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:11 AM) : 

Oh, please post photos of the finished Barney's windows for all of us in the hinterlands and beyond!!!

 

Blogger Ángela said ... (11:15 AM) : 

Congratulations!. In Spain,when?xx

 

Anonymous Manuel from Madrid said ... (11:24 AM) : 

Dear Scott,

First of all let me sincerely congratulate you on the big success you are having with the book which, by the way, is only a natural consequence of the great work you have been doing in the blog from years and that has garnered such a big following all over the world.
Now, let me tell you a little story. My youngest son is called Juan and is 13 years old. It is some time now that he has showed a great interest in clothes, the fashion industry and photography. I like to take pictures and also, like my father and grandfather, I take some care in my dressing. In suppose some of this has been passed on to him. He is a big fan of Valentino and Galliano (When his elder brother went to Rome last Easter he insisted in that he positively should have a look at Valentino’s atelier). One year ago or so I talked to him about your blog and since that very moment you had a devoted fan. He looks to it everyday and on many occasions he makes comments to me about the photographs and people that appears in them. Lino is absolute favourite, you can tell him when you go to Milano that he has a big 13yo fan in Madrid.
From the moment he knew you were to publish the book, he stated very clearly that he had to have one copy… and it finally arrived yesterday. He is enjoying it to the full and I am sure he (and me, of course) will find in its pages and lot of inspiration for dressing and in his photographic endeavours. Your work has become a very enjoyable part of his leisure time and I wanted to say thank you very much.
Sorry for the long post. Good luck with the pop-up shop ant NY.
Best regards from Spain
Manuel

 

Blogger frozeropes said ... (11:29 AM) : 

what are those jeans in the picture with the polaroid t shirt?

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (11:30 AM) : 

Come to Montreal, Canada!!!

 

Blogger Janice said ... (11:34 AM) : 

that's awesome! Congratulations Scott. I hope you can come to Toronto again!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:35 AM) : 

Congratulations Sart!!

I hope you will soon visit other cities than the usual ones you visit.

For example:

Helsinki
Barcelona/Madrid
Copenhagen
Berlin

 

Blogger Manja said ... (11:38 AM) : 

Ah, this makes me wish I lived in New York (or in any metropolitan awesome city for that matter...)...I guess I just have to wait until I can order it online somewhere...

@Kalle yes, Jil Sander is a designer with Runway shows and SHE (as in Jil = a person) made the 'minimalist' style popular in the 90s :)

 

Blogger Crosscurrents said ... (11:53 AM) : 

Congrats Scott, Can't wait to see the window at Barneys

 

Anonymous C.V said ... (11:58 AM) : 

Congrats! is there any possibility in Asia?

 

Blogger Miss Power Bombshell herself said ... (12:00 PM) : 

Oh how fabulous!
I will definitely be popping in for a look and to support my favorite fashion blogger! Congrats on the success and on the book release!

 

Blogger lovintrash said ... (12:02 PM) : 

Congrat!!!!!!!!

They are the fruits of a good work ...

lo.

www.lovintrash.blogspot.com

 

Blogger Daisy said ... (12:09 PM) : 

Congratulations on everything Sart. As you know I think this site is amazing. Come do a signing in San Francisco?

 

Blogger a reference said ... (12:11 PM) : 

i hope that you'll be doing a signing at barneys??!!

 

Blogger maggie_hogan said ... (12:16 PM) : 

i see someone already mentioned it, but please, PLEASE come to buenos aires!!!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:27 PM) : 

i'm intrigued. why would a little packet labelled 'noise reduction ear plugs' be attached to the jeans?

 

Anonymous The Photodiarist said ... (12:32 PM) : 

Life is good for the Sartorialist. Well deserved attention. I will look forward to checking out SartoriaLUST. You should do one for women too!

 

Blogger Gabriel Garcia said ... (12:32 PM) : 

Glad to hear that will be a signing in São Paulo. That's wondeful news!
See you here, Scott!

 

Blogger Soren Lorensen said ... (12:35 PM) : 

signing in london, signing in london ooooooooooooohhhhhhhh myyyyyyyyy.

 

Blogger Flora Márquez said ... (12:45 PM) : 

Congratulations! Nice choise of clothes!
I WANT TO SAY SOMETHING!
I don´t speak English very well so every time I write here, there are thing that I want to say but I dont know how. Is so frustrating. I dont even know if I wrote FRUSTRATING right.
Maybe some day I start writing in Spanish. Maybe you don´t undertand anything I say, but maybe thats the way I say more interesting things.

 

Blogger Ahad Subzwari said ... (12:52 PM) : 

I HAVE to know what brand that jacket is.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:57 PM) : 

i love your job.

 

Blogger Manuel said ... (12:59 PM) : 

In Spain ?
congratulations again.
¡we have fashion and gorgeous people!

 

Blogger Ivy Lane said ... (1:02 PM) : 

WOW! awesome...!! Congratulations!

 

Blogger hi-d said ... (1:13 PM) : 

WOW...so exciting! You must be livin' your dream! :)

 

Anonymous Pietman said ... (1:15 PM) : 

WOW I am so envious it hurts.Here is a man who followed his passion and look what happened.You certainly are an inspiration to me.Keep up with the good work and Cape Town is also waiting to show it's true colors.

 

Blogger Marie said ... (1:21 PM) : 

Very exciting you'll be coming to London!

 

Blogger State of Grace said ... (1:46 PM) : 

Seattle! Scott, You must come to Seattle.

 

Blogger beths said ... (1:58 PM) : 

what fun--I hope the Barney's windows stay in tact for a few weeks till I get to NYC.

And YES, please put Barcelona on your next Grand Tour! Great designers and street fashion to be found there.

 

Blogger Karoline said ... (2:28 PM) : 

Congrats with your new book!

 

Blogger Saffron said ... (2:33 PM) : 

You're a powerful influence that inspires, and possibly could change the lack of fashion style in the Midwest.

Tell your publisher they need to arrange you a book tour in places like Chicago, Kansas City & St. Louis. Pronto!

 

Blogger Hickers said ... (2:42 PM) : 

Blimey Sart, this is all getting out of control!

See you in London.

 

Anonymous Zoe said ... (2:44 PM) : 

please come to Australia! I live in a little city called Adelaide, but I would go to Sydney just to see you, along with, I'm sure, a mass of your devoted followers.

 

Blogger Jen of MadeByGirl said ... (2:48 PM) : 

I just realized i cannot find y our book ....where can we purchase it. I thought i saw someone selling one of Ebay....but no longer there.

Please let me know - I'd LOVE to share and review it for my readers.
You are INSPIRATIONAL, thanks!


Jen Ramos
www.madebygirl.com

madebygirl.blogspot.com

 

Blogger Jen of MadeByGirl said ... (2:51 PM) : 

Nevermind luv, I found the link. :)
Hoping it's not on backorder. :)))))

 

Blogger Eric Brewer said ... (2:53 PM) : 

You rock Scott! I'm so excited about the cool opportunities you've created for yourself.

I'm starting to get the shakes though. I cannot wait for more images. My favorite season is about here! Hook me up bro!

 

Blogger Helena Tarozzo said ... (3:08 PM) : 

Please, São Paulo first!
Your work is wonderfoul

 

Blogger Adriancito said ... (3:45 PM) : 

saw u at fashion file...

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:16 PM) : 

Who makes the green parka?

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:17 PM) : 

congratulations!!! Waiting for have your book signed in London ;)

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:18 PM) : 

That's very cool.

Congrats!

Passport Foodie

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (4:19 PM) : 

congrats scott! what an exciting time for you. truly, thank you for bringing such inspiring photographs and I wish you the very best with your first book. (please do a book tour in toronto.)

 

Anonymous Kiran said ... (4:31 PM) : 

Congratulations! This is fabulous!

http://kirantarun.com

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (4:34 PM) : 

I am still waiting for my copy of your book from Amazon, guess it takes a long time to get to New Zealand!...A whole month!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:35 PM) : 

That's great but 10 days and no new great Sartorialist shots? I celebrate your accomplishments but the reason I check your site almost daily is for your wonderful shots. Hope to see some new ones soon.

 

Blogger Zoe said ... (4:44 PM) : 

I wish I could be there! Can't wait to order your book!

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (4:47 PM) : 

Can't wait to see you in Australia!

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (5:10 PM) : 

wow- looks amazing, wish i could see it in person! congrats!


www.loveandvintage.blogspot.com

 

Blogger SMII said ... (5:15 PM) : 

Yeah, my gosh that green parka looks warm! Who is the maker Scott?

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:34 PM) : 

Hopefully see you in Brisbane, Australia!!

 

Anonymous Holly said ... (5:37 PM) : 

Scott you have a blessed life...Thanks for sharing it!!!

 

Blogger Samantha said ... (6:07 PM) : 

sounds like it will really be something lust! hope to make it to a US signing, although being stuck in pittsburgh for school makes it unlikely!

 

Blogger Pindie said ... (6:29 PM) : 

Please come to Oh Canada, Vancouver in particular.

 

Blogger Pindie said ... (6:30 PM) : 

Hope ther is a stopover in Oh Canada, Vancouver in particular

 

Blogger Brigadeiro said ... (6:49 PM) : 

Congratulations! Love the Dries polaroid tee, and sure hope you make it here Down Under ;)

 

Blogger kahartland said ... (7:22 PM) : 

lovely. sounds like a dream! i cant wait to see the book

www.getobsessed.blogspot.com

 

Blogger Renee said ... (7:24 PM) : 

wish i could be there to see it!

 

Blogger Barbora said ... (7:29 PM) : 

What about Toronto Scott? BTW, I would wear that green parka everywhere!:)

barboradudinska.blogspot.com

 

Anonymous Richard said ... (7:30 PM) : 

Just another shameless plug for Australia (make sure its Melbourne)!
Looking forward to a signing. Great selection!

 

Anonymous Tracy said ... (7:38 PM) : 

You truly are living the dream. Congratulations on your success and the adventure.

 

Anonymous victoria karkoulas said ... (7:44 PM) : 

Congrats on your book and window!!! sounds like awesome fun...

Come to SYDNEY!!!!! XX

 

Blogger Sebastian Perinotti said ... (8:35 PM) : 

I'm in south beach and i have just received your book from amazon!

it is awesome, thank you.

 

Blogger SRomeo said ... (9:25 PM) : 

Post the date for NYC!! Just got the book.

Now all I need is the perfect outfit for the signing...

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:32 PM) : 

waiting for the date of São Paulo's signing..

 

Anonymous mach said ... (9:39 PM) : 

nice work mr sart!
u should come to MELBOURNE!

btw of the aussies
what do u rkn of pulling out those white pants/jeans like the bloke in the green parka and navy blazer? it looks hot but i think its too milano for melbourne.

 

Blogger Turnip said ... (10:07 PM) : 

Thats so exciting!
I can't wait to get my own copy of your book!

 

Blogger mette said ... (12:04 AM) : 

I like your choice of mixing and matching different brands of clothes. It would be so easy, and yes so dull, to carry one line from head to toe. The pictures seen on this site that are most the interesting, are the ones that look simple, yet one knows that there is usually a lot of brain work done; only few of us have the ability to create something beautiful by nature.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:06 AM) : 

Congratulations! You seem to be having so much fun and living your dream! I'll just keep reading and looking like so many others! Thank you!

 

Blogger Lethbridge Fashion Weekend said ... (12:26 AM) : 

Come to Canada...specifically Calgary! I take your book with me everywhere (literally). Thanks for the inspiration- shelly

 

Blogger leszekg said ... (12:30 AM) : 

Agreed - come to Sydney for a signing ASAP!

 

Blogger erin nuts said ... (1:17 AM) : 

MIAMI PLEASE

 

Anonymous Jordan Michaelides said ... (1:24 AM) : 

great photos, so excited for when you come to melbourne.

please check out my blog everyone
....beaumagazine.blogspot.com

 

Anonymous Trudie said ... (2:33 AM) : 

Congratulations on all your successes Scott! I really hope you make it to Sydney!

 

Anonymous Web Development India said ... (2:55 AM) : 

This news is good and sounds well because you launched new boobk.

 

Blogger Cassie Jo - Tofuscloset said ... (3:10 AM) : 

congrats!! and that photo is awesome..

 

Anonymous Isobel Saoirse Dylan said ... (3:15 AM) : 

Thatr is so awsomme!
You are a genius, I have to work out a way to get your book, I'm interested in how it looks inside!

 

Blogger Emilie said ... (3:50 AM) : 

Congratulations! I whish you the best! Can't wait to see the book!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:53 AM) : 

What is about coming here to Berlin? You cannot possibly skip Berlin!

 

Blogger kimricosays said ... (4:05 AM) : 

adding to the plethora of congrat's comments..but you deserve it.

hope everything at barneys goes well

xo

 

Blogger Delancey Girl said ... (4:51 AM) : 

This is exciting news! You must do something similar in London. People would adore it!

Delancey Girl

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:52 AM) : 

Yes-it all there-everything you need to know about fall fashion is in the movie "Flashdance".

The green jacket, the military jacket, the big shoulders, the ripped jeans, the street fashion....everything.

 

Blogger Juliette said ... (5:53 AM) : 

i just LOVE your job!!!
and by the way, there are some pretty good young designers in Romania :)

 

Anonymous Silvia said ... (6:18 AM) : 

Scott,
Again, an amazing project- congratulations!
Please post many pictures for all of us who are too far to see for ourselves.
I really enjoyed meeting you in Paris and I wish even bigger success for the forthcoming book signings.
Regards from Lisbon.

 

Anonymous pizzicatoj said ... (7:02 AM) : 

I'm here in Thailand and I already bought your book two days ago. And I wish I can go there to have you signing on it. Love your work!

 

Blogger brian said ... (7:54 AM) : 

i havent been so excited about a book release since the last harry potter. what an amazing job youve done scott.

me and the rest of your melburnian followers wait with baited breath.

 

Blogger Fashion Tidbits said ... (8:13 AM) : 

come to australia! please PLEASE PUHLEASE!!!!!!!!! :)

 

Anonymous Artful Ruminator said ... (9:35 AM) : 

Did you announce the London date yet?! Eagerly anticipating...! Cheers x

 

Blogger Thomas said ... (10:25 AM) : 

i heart barneys

 

Blogger Emily from Australia said ... (10:33 AM) : 

Please come to Australia - we love you here!!! Thank you so much for sharing your beautiful photos x

 

Anonymous MissyNix (Stacey) said ... (10:39 AM) : 

Any chance you'll be in Toronto? (Please please please with plenty of sugar on top!!!)

 

Blogger Allen - East Hampton said ... (11:23 AM) : 

Congrats on your book. I look forward to checking out LUST at Barneys. Smart idea!

 

Blogger Simo said ... (11:36 AM) : 

Yeees back to the street and fashion weeks pls

We are waiting for your pictures Mr Scott.

Good Luck.

 

Blogger CyborgCoquette said ... (1:30 PM) : 

Congratulations! But...WAAAHH come to San Francisco!! We will provide you with delicious foods and scintillating conversation whilst spending our hard-earned money on multiple signed copies of your fabulous book! What could be better? :D

 

Blogger Fueling Unicorns said ... (3:01 PM) : 

Definitely come to SF, I bought your book . Thank you for the inspiration!

 

Blogger parasites that dwell in you said ... (6:51 PM) : 

i hope a copy reaches new zealand!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:14 PM) : 

Green parka info needed please, it's fantastic!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:00 PM) : 

Congrats with the book! So excited about it.

 

Blogger Happyretro said ... (9:53 PM) : 

Please, please have a book signing in Australia.

I love The SartoriaLUST concept.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:46 PM) : 

Come to Sydney sooon!

 

Blogger Fashion Hungry said ... (5:12 PM) : 

i'm obsessed with Hamish's mustache.
it looks amazing on him

 

Blogger natasha said ... (7:57 PM) : 

Ever considered Amsterdam?

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:26 AM) : 

Please, please, please come to Perth, Australia. I would pretty much die :D

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:14 AM) : 

AUSTRALIA- NOW!!
It has already been too long, come back and play in the sun.

 

Blogger Neil MacLean said ... (11:18 AM) : 

Congrats! And add me to the list of those wondering who made that green coat.

 

post a comment
Newer Posts Older Posts
Best Web Hosting