This page has moved to our new address, www.thesartorialist.com. If you're not redirected within a few seconds, please click below. If you still have issues, please clear your cache and try again.

On the Street....West 21st , NYC

 
 
 
 
 















Rss Feed

Links

Assignment Photography and Syndication

Gallerist

Categories

This entire site ⓒ 2005-2011 The Sartorialist. All of the photographs herein, unless otherwise noted, are copyrighted by the photographer. No part of this site, or any of the content contained herein, may be used or reproduced in any manner whatsoever without express permission of the copyright holder(s).



 

Thursday, November 13, 2008

On the Street....West 21st , NYC

Comments on "On the Street....West 21st , NYC"

 

Blogger N said ... (10:09 AM) : 

i don't see anything special in his style. in my opinion, the monogram messenger bag is extremely tacky even if it vaguely matches his shoes

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:28 AM) : 

It's very simple and normal, but I think it's something about his shoes and the bag:)

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (10:38 AM) : 

LVT bag

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:39 AM) : 

Manbag- loves it!

 

Blogger norawoah said ... (10:42 AM) : 

The shoes make the man.

 

Blogger Jorge from W Palm Beach said ... (10:49 AM) : 

There appears to be a blazer or suit jacket under the parka, if so, the lengths of the jacket and the parka go hand in hand perfectly. The shoes seem vintage, which may or may not be a good thing, the 1970's saw a lot of very ugly shoes; what do you all think of these ones? Ugly or not? I love how one can tell an authentic LV once it ages, the way their vachetta leather ages, it is like nothing else- and worth the price! Jorge from W Palm Beach

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:18 AM) : 

snap crackle pop.
I covet the parka.
His shoes and his bag match...
pinch me.

(and NOTHING to do with what he is wearing - I love to look at hands, and his are just beautiful.)

 

Blogger electromanipulaxion said ... (11:22 AM) : 

I must say I love the shoes, they make the whole outfit!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:36 AM) : 

The hood of the jacket is wonderful and I love the combination of "fall" colours.

 

Blogger its for your own good said ... (12:00 PM) : 

i think its time for me to pick up a turtleneck. this is a great look.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:26 PM) : 

what's going on with those shoes?
-Voyno

 

Blogger Jonathan said ... (12:32 PM) : 

loving the shoes. I want to see them in full view.

 

Blogger Serin said ... (12:36 PM) : 

where can i get a parka like this for women? i've have been looking for years, but haven't found the perfect one. i think this is it.

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (12:42 PM) : 

I love the layers, accessories, and the details. There is sort of a simplicity to the photograph.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:53 PM) : 

Well there's not much to say about it, it's just beautiful! I love that green turtleneck!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:03 PM) : 

lv, fake or real, is an absolute fashion faux pas

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:29 PM) : 

I think the shoes go fantastically with the rest of the outfit. Boots would work with the parka and simple green turtleneck, but also probably wouldn't have popped much. The thin straps and contrasting brown leather "upper" (pardon my rough use of shoe lingo) are classy but masculine, and lend a certain unconventional flair to an otherwise conventional (however nice) ensemble. norawoah had it right: the shoes make the man.

 

Blogger dianatrafik said ... (2:44 PM) : 

great style,very masculine....great man!!!

 

Blogger Brigadeiro said ... (3:00 PM) : 

Warm AND stylish!

 

Blogger Cassaundra said ... (3:03 PM) : 

delicious coat!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:19 PM) : 

his shoes are from botega veneta

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:24 PM) : 

I love the shoes/bag match

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:48 PM) : 

LV bags should be banned!:-) no, seriously, enough, please.
nice jacket, tho.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:00 PM) : 

He looks profoundly masculine. I thought nobody in New York smoked? But what do I know. Maybe he's French. That bag would like useless on almost anyone, but not him. He clearly knows himself vey well. I like that no one would be able to successfully imitate this look.

Colm

 

Blogger southerngentinL.A. said ... (4:02 PM) : 

the shoes are awesome!!!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:43 PM) : 

sorry, for me there is nothing special in his clothes...one in a million parka. The smoke and his hands are the best.

 

Blogger The Khaki Crusader said ... (4:45 PM) : 

he's got alot going on here. but the sum of the many parts works for me. my favorite shots of yours are quickly becoming the 'on the go smoking shots.' believe it or not, you actually have quite a few. the last was the one of the gent in the blue suit with the red pattern tie and tan scarf. i like all shots like this with movement - wheres this guy going and whos he meeting?

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:52 PM) : 

snooze.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:16 PM) : 

Hello, style! It's not the clothes, it this man who effuses it!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:44 PM) : 

man and clothes just one, this is always breathtaking

 

Blogger thwany said ... (5:55 PM) : 

nice

 

Blogger J. said ... (6:04 PM) : 

I must admit i'm rather disappointed here. He looks very bloomingdaleish.. i cannot say he has inspirational style at all, his hair is nicely done though i suppose. An the green and navy blue look nice together, but I think the trousers aren't fitting him properly. As for the bag...I'm not a fan of what is over done.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:21 PM) : 

this photograph is exhilarating. the blueness of the blue bicycle is searing my eyes. i LOVE how you caught this man in such paregoric motion. i've met him several times in my life. we are in the same line of work. i wish i looked as good as he does! he is married in two different countries (hence the two rings). sadly, you'd think the business of international ermine trading (our business) paid more, but it doesn't. hey sart, come to mt rainier national park next! xoxo

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:52 PM) : 

he reminds me of thom brown

 

Blogger s.212 said ... (10:53 PM) : 

his shoes are interesting.

quite handsome in a rahm emanuel sort of way ;)

 

Blogger andrea.at.the.blue.door said ... (11:02 PM) : 

Those shoes! Must see more of those shoes!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:49 PM) : 

That's a very nice photo Scott. I like the instant you snapped the shutter, it's very "in the moment".
Has anyone noticed that he's wearing two wedding bands?? I think he's masculine & cool in an effortless sort of way, shame he's smoking.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:22 AM) : 

i want those shoes...... and the voluminous fur trimmed hood MAKES the look... fantastic parka....

 

Blogger ricola said ... (1:27 AM) : 

sweet shoes and a fantastic face

 

Blogger Pavlin said ... (2:11 AM) : 

Awesome, don't even know why, all the summands seems quite normal, but the result is awesome!
Men's parka is my favourite thing ever notwithstanding all those GQs in Armani and Zegna coats.
The bag seems to be "odd one out" here.
Nice colours play: emerald and deep navy with the subtle colour of fur.

Pitty, that the feet are cut on the photo.

 

Blogger j'taimee said ... (4:05 AM) : 

I love the motion you've captured here - it's not so much about the clothes, it's the casual nonchalance with which he wears them. This kind of effortless confidence is what makes Fashion.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:25 AM) : 

dark green+ navy blue !!!!!
so sexy..^^

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:09 AM) : 

has it been cold enough for this outfit in New York?

 

Blogger cami falcão said ... (7:26 AM) : 

style and attitude in a handsome man.

 

Blogger John-Bryan Hopkins said ... (7:54 AM) : 

He looks great but I don't like overs brand recognition in the bag.

I am so over screaming brand.

I do like how the bag matches his shoes and his pants are just right.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:54 AM) : 

Ok, my first reaction was... ????? blah! then at a closer look... it appears that his pants fit him perfectly.. If you can actually get past the big jacket. You might see a very well fitted ensemble. Besides the green turtle neck is gorgeous. love the shoes also, just not a big fan of the LVT monogram bag... A damier bag would probably look much nicer in my opinion.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:55 AM) : 

What's the problem with the LV bag or the branding? They have been doing it since 1854 and with quite a bit of success... This brand is very "passe-partout"...

Geo

 

Blogger Dan in Richmond said ... (10:02 AM) : 

The shoes are great. I'm not wild for the parka with a suit but the parka is nice. And finally negative comments on the bag! "Look at that man with the Louis Vuitton bag" is not a remark I would want to elicit. In my opinion a "branded" item like that is always conspicuous and tends to dominate and detract from the overall look. I did notice the two rings- don't know what it means but I like it.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:51 PM) : 

First of all I am not sure what the fuss over the LV bag is, I have the same one and carry it like is a 20.00 from Gap. (and don't discount THAT either) His choice of bag is for him, and mine is for me, it is well made and functional. My mother carried LV when I was young so it certainly is not "over". Just maybe not "hot" anymore. My big question though is the smoking issue. Is there some sort of genetic connection between smoking and being well turned out? Honestly, it makes someone so much less attractive in my humble view. But other than that, congrats for finding men who push the envelope, it is really nice to know I am not the only one. I look forward to you posts every day!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:44 PM) : 

the moment I saw this picture, something about expressed an Italian spending his first fall in America. I find the tailoring to be precise, perfect lengths. To me he captures an essential element of menswear, making it appear you care about your appereance, but not to much, but in the end capturing a perfect look.

 

Blogger Poulenc said ... (7:04 PM) : 

The "short" thing--of pants, jackets, etc.--has just about had it, I'd say.

A walking, talking illustration of the difference between fashion, which is transitory, and style, which is forever.

Still, this guy has done well.

 

Blogger Bader Alhejailan said ... (2:57 AM) : 

confident!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:39 PM) : 

get over the bag people! why spend too much time and effort for something you hate? focusing on what you like is energy well spent.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:58 PM) : 

Love the shoes but come on : green shirt with blue parka ???

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:28 PM) : 

love his shoes! would love to see more of what's underneath his parka though.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:57 PM) : 

Well i must say I love it! And N! why must the everything match? i mean you say the fab louis messenger bag is tacky- except wouldnt trying to match you bag to your shoes be tacky?

Also Im loving the loafers with the tassles.

 

Blogger The Crudité Company said ... (7:13 PM) : 

I feel the style! but It doesn't seem Woolrich...

 

Blogger dwashington314@gmail.com said ... (12:14 AM) : 

In tow months when it's really cold here in Vegas you can get this look anywhere (IN VEGAS!). Hell, I even look like this.

Challenge me Sart!

Challenge me.

Btw, the bag is passe.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:34 AM) : 

Must have that parka! any guesses?

 

Blogger palbi said ... (12:08 AM) : 

shoes are awesome...the rest is a mess

 

post a comment
Newer Posts Older Posts
Best Web Hosting