This page has moved to our new address, www.thesartorialist.com. If you're not redirected within a few seconds, please click below. If you still have issues, please clear your cache and try again.

On the Street.....Parisian Plaids, Paris

 
 
 
 
 















Rss Feed

Links

Assignment Photography and Syndication

Gallerist

Categories

This entire site ⓒ 2005-2011 The Sartorialist. All of the photographs herein, unless otherwise noted, are copyrighted by the photographer. No part of this site, or any of the content contained herein, may be used or reproduced in any manner whatsoever without express permission of the copyright holder(s).



 

Saturday, November 22, 2008

On the Street.....Parisian Plaids, Paris



Comments on "On the Street.....Parisian Plaids, Paris"

 

Blogger cami falcão said ... (8:16 AM) : 

3 beauties with great style! nice.

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (8:22 AM) : 

love the jacket in the second pix. love your blog.
xxx

 

Blogger Miguel said ... (9:02 AM) : 

The top lady, although french, looks so american... And, one question, is that hat in the middle pic a borsalino? I love it.
Thank you!

 

Blogger Kay said ... (9:03 AM) : 

I love the shirt in the second image - I'm really not the biggest fan of plaid but that looks so classic. Also the setting is beautiful and really compliments the shades in her outfit and her smile. I like how the lady in the first image has paired her shirt with dark wash jeans - it looks young but a little bit more sophisticated than lighter washes would.

 

Blogger Petulia said ... (9:11 AM) : 

Yes! It is finally getting chilly here in Paris and everyone is pulling out the plaid. I particularly love the second outfit, tres cool

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:21 AM) : 

just love the last look.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:39 AM) : 

The blue pants are awesome!

 

Blogger Stephanie Clayton said ... (9:49 AM) : 

First ensemble is ok...preppy, classic. Not sure about the old man clothing in the next two photos. But if you're young & cute, you can get away with more.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:58 AM) : 

I definitely like this, even if it's kind of uniform. After too many years of slip dresses, shrunken belly shirts and plumber-crack tight jeans, this look is asexual, slouchy, cool and anti-consumer (no giant status bags!) . You wonder what they're reading and what they're thinking rather than gauging their body parts. Plaid is rad.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:00 AM) : 

i'm not overly impressed with any of these photos as stylish expressions of plaid. I think if you're going to wear plaid or tartan you should really go for it - take inspiration from D&G's fall/winter collection or look back to Alexander McQueen's Highland Rape collection or even at old photos of the Duke of Windsor. Plaid should be a statement, not a detail. Men in plaid or tartan trousers - fabulous. Check out www.dashingtweeds.co.uk some of the most interesting new suiting designs i've seen in ages!

 

Blogger ricola said ... (10:01 AM) : 

Parisiennes just have style in them from birth. The first photo is magic.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:11 AM) : 

sometimes fashion and its trends just don't do it for me...
plaids - NO THANK YOU!

 

Blogger sadia said ... (10:21 AM) : 

call me boring, but i only love the first one.

 

Blogger Andrew M. said ... (10:46 AM) : 

I love the Sperrys on the last woman. In fact, I have the same exact ones and they're great shoes. although mine have worn through the soles.

 

Blogger Kate said ... (11:05 AM) : 

Love the first look. Almost reminiscent of a more polished/preppy Patti Smith.
Not crazy about the last look :/

 

Blogger ryder said ... (11:23 AM) : 

I love seeing this more American trend done in a high fashion but still casual way. My favorite is lady #1.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:34 AM) : 

I love the second picture. She is a true Parisienne, she is able to wear masculine clothes and still look so incredibly feminine...compliments. Thank you Sart

 

Blogger Barbara said ... (11:51 AM) : 

love the plaid!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:55 AM) : 

3 different characteres.I love them, especially the third lady. she's got a very impressing attitude to wear all this masculin clothes.

 

Blogger Cheltenhamdailyphoto said ... (12:13 PM) : 

The first one: oh to look like that in jeans...sigh...

 

Blogger mette said ... (12:22 PM) : 

The girl in the middle is my favorite. Warm colors and the hat tops the pic.well.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:22 PM) : 

love the ruffle detail on the first coat.....and the way the avenue of trees frames the second shot

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:29 PM) : 

love it.... three distinctive ways with a classic look.

is that a balenciaga jacket in the first pic?

 

Blogger megwood said ... (12:30 PM) : 

these remind me of a chan marshall look.

 

Blogger Candace said ... (12:39 PM) : 

I just adore the second look...and the trees in the background are lovely!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:53 PM) : 

love the color of the last plaid shirt!bright and nice!

 

Blogger MGK said ... (12:55 PM) : 

When I was in high school, my french teacher told us that gangs in Paris wore track suits as their "thug wear". I wonder if the girl in the blue pants is in a Parisian gang?

 

Blogger Olimpia Liberti said ... (12:58 PM) : 

Oooh!! Love it!

 

Blogger Char Ruiz Manjarrez said ... (1:09 PM) : 

I love how the french do plaid, always so original.

C.

 

Blogger Dominica said ... (1:34 PM) : 

I like the second pic the most, she looks happy and is beaming...Like her hat a lot...looks like she really enjoys the attention...

I would choose the first outfit for myself but I would have opted for another colour of jacket ; bright red or an off white velvet one...

3rd picture : a no-no for me...her trousers remind me of an electricians outfit :-/

 

Blogger Rita said ... (1:41 PM) : 

I LOVE plaid shirts! And I'm really loving the last look; it's so tomboy-ish, I can relate :D

 

Blogger life . style . dissected said ... (1:53 PM) : 

i love that i can live vicariously through your eyes! thank you for such lovely images, always.
melissa

http://www.lifestyledissected.blogspot.com/

 

Blogger TINA said ... (2:22 PM) : 

I love the first shirt!

♥Tina

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:51 PM) : 

the swagger of pic #3...YES!!!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:03 PM) : 

First photo:
She is very cute and fresh.
Pretty!

 

Blogger Aussie said ... (3:12 PM) : 

I love the second one; the hat and the jacket are great

-A

 

Blogger Bedlam said ... (3:30 PM) : 

I love those blue pants, they are nice.

 

Blogger Alessandra said ... (4:25 PM) : 

The second photo is gorgeous! Tartan is love in this period!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:27 PM) : 

Where I come from the ordinary plaid shirt is worn by suburban no-hopers and drug addicts - male and female - unfinished people really, nothing cool. So it's strange to seem them worn like this. Apart from in the first photo, these shirts really don't do anything for the wearer. I'm surprised they are even featured in this blog.

 

Blogger Camila said ... (4:38 PM) : 

paris is my love

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:07 PM) : 

first photo, géraldine - vogue paris?

 

Blogger swilek said ... (6:33 PM) : 

LOVE the plaid! I am excited that I kept my thrift store find from a few years ago- a plaid Ralph Lauren shirt just like the one in the first pic!!!I continue to love your blog too ..great pics from RIO!

 

Blogger John-Bryan Hopkins said ... (6:58 PM) : 

They all work.

I love the bright blue pants and socks to match.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:21 PM) : 

I love all the looks, but I just have to comment on the first woman's hands- she has such beautiful hands! They almost don't look real! Maybe a hand model- a la George Costanza.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:52 PM) : 

Love all three of these, but that third one is fantastic! She really pulls off the bright colours and those rad pants.

 

Blogger James Taylor said ... (10:51 PM) : 

I love the first two looks, although both seem more American than French. Un peu de Ralphe L'Orene?

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:54 PM) : 

Bonjour,

The première image is the style of an American woman. But you can still tell she is so French. The plaid c'est bon.

Merci, Zoé

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:11 PM) : 

I love paris...love milan...but especially fond of Rio!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:57 AM) : 

Geraldine is a hottie !

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:03 AM) : 

Nice fashion there. I want to try the no.3

 

Blogger Holly Brindley said ... (2:30 AM) : 

i wish i could pull off bright blue pants..

 

Blogger Brigadeiro said ... (4:00 AM) : 

The first picture is my favourite, I wish I could fit into my plaid shirt (too small atm), I've always liked a touch of plaid :)

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (7:29 AM) : 

Ahh the third lady is a friend of mine(she's from Berlin)! Lady's got style.

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (8:12 AM) : 

THE 3rd one looks awsome... she´s relaxed and she´s not trying hard on the look. besides the color of the background matches with the sneakers and socks. the blue pant it´s dramatic enough but yet sport. not trendy enough and timeless

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:31 AM) : 

WOW
I really didnt think anyone would like the second outfit. But I was mistaken. I really think the second outfit lacks form and beauty. The pants and the shirt over it does nothing for her shape. The shoes looks like clogs. And the colors really dont match in my opinion. But I love the third pic. She looks great and her outfit makes a wonderful shape. First one is nice too.

 

Blogger jensenn said ... (9:07 AM) : 

the last 2 photos are great. seemingly what would be typical guy fashion those ladies managed to make it work. especially the lady in the middle picture.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:55 AM) : 

these photos make me miss paris so much!

 

Blogger John B Pritchett said ... (12:49 PM) : 

All three are two ordinary, though the hat is a nice touch in the middle photo. They all need see the ladies in the photo above theirs for some wardrobe tips.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:50 PM) : 

the first look doesn't appeal to me. her jeans are fighting that jacket and i dont like where it falls. her plaid is ok but the look is so boring. LOVE the next two... yesss to those blue pants.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:13 PM) : 

SECOND ONE!!! i love it.

okay i need to go recreate this look for myself now...

 

Blogger Murph said ... (12:02 AM) : 

Second picture:
White Capezios Trend?

I had a pair in the 80's, should - I have resoled and not thrown them out?

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:54 AM) : 

Gentle reminder: the fact that a picture is taken in Paris does not mean that the person is French. Paris attracts people from everywhere in the world.

 

Blogger Carolina Lange said ... (10:09 AM) : 

All beautiful! My favorite is the first one!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:57 PM) : 

Yay for plaid! These photos make me want to go into my husband's closet and steal one of his shirts to wear, just like I used to do with my dad's in highschool.

 

Blogger artadviser said ... (1:26 PM) : 

Natural chic! the essential black-navy jacket!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:38 PM) : 

Sorry these plaids are 100% USA

 

Blogger Rocky said ... (4:49 PM) : 

Tomboy love!!! The grizzly umberjacks are back in style... then again, were they ever out?!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:37 PM) : 

The second girl is a breath of fresh air! Lovely face with carefree classic style. Even if the pants are fit for someone much older, I like this unexpected choice. It desexes the outfit & makes her fit for boating in a revamped impressionist painting.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:23 AM) : 

People, the third photo is the best. Look at her!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:28 PM) : 

I love the last picture! The blue jeans and the shirt is fantastic!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:41 AM) : 

Loving the blue trousers.

 

Blogger Maven said ... (9:10 AM) : 

My 17 year old, who is absolutely in love with flannel plaids (circa 1969 thru 1971) had two comments-
1st- woah- they are doing it with jackets.
2nd- Whats up with the mc hammer pants!
:D to each generation their own. And God Bless the child... Love it that you have these here sart. Any excuse to talk to my son about fashion is fabulous!
Happy Thanksgiving!

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (7:03 AM) : 

I especially love the first photo, such a perfect blend between her clothing and facial features!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:34 PM) : 

I think I just fell in love with the woman in the first photo, wow - she's very natural and sweet looking.

 

Blogger "the girl who ate everything and didnt even burp" said ... (7:44 AM) : 

Oh plaids! Yaay I love them!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:00 AM) : 

Somehow, the words "parisian" and "plaid" just don't go together.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:18 PM) : 

SECOND ONE IS PERFECTION!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:07 PM) : 

I actually don't like any of these outfits...its great photography but their style just isn't doing anything for me...except maybe the top one.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:03 PM) : 

I love the plaid tops, but the blue pants in the bottom photo are WAY too much. The woman in the first photo where plaid the best, with that nice jacket.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:21 PM) : 

i LOVE the third one! there's something so wonderfully 90's r&b about it with an 80's hip hop funk twist. where does one buy pants like that?

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:28 AM) : 

so peace !

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:31 AM) : 

so 21's vintage
i love it sssssssso much :)

 

post a comment
Newer Posts Older Posts
Best Web Hosting