This page has moved to our new address, www.thesartorialist.com. If you're not redirected within a few seconds, please click below. If you still have issues, please clear your cache and try again.

On the Street.....West Village, NYC

 
 
 
 
 















Rss Feed

Links

Assignment Photography and Syndication

Gallerist

Categories

This entire site ⓒ 2005-2011 The Sartorialist. All of the photographs herein, unless otherwise noted, are copyrighted by the photographer. No part of this site, or any of the content contained herein, may be used or reproduced in any manner whatsoever without express permission of the copyright holder(s).



 

Friday, September 12, 2008

On the Street.....West Village, NYC

Comments on "On the Street.....West Village, NYC"

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:48 AM) : 

Simply astonishing

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:51 AM) : 

Daaaang that is one HOT dress!


First!

 

Blogger Trace said ... (7:52 AM) : 

GORGEOUS.

no further comment

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:54 AM) : 

I love how her hair is controlled by the wind (it makes me smile like this:

^_^

)

Red is stunning with black heels (L)

 

Blogger Oscar Almgren said ... (7:56 AM) : 

Wow. Hair + dress = success!

 

Blogger Hanne said ... (7:58 AM) : 

Oh la la! Cool photo. In my dreams I can also wear dresses like that.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:00 AM) : 

Superb! with the cab and the yellow sign it's perfect. It could be a postcard. Herb Ritts eat your heart out...

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:02 AM) : 

great body, great cut (dress AND hair), great colour (Also dress and hair) and most of all.. great street :)

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:02 AM) : 

Simply a great picture!
Great capture of the (very sexy) subject in a very NYC "always on the move" atmosphere.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:03 AM) : 

WOW !How amazing would it be to look like that & wear those shoes!!But mostly I love the wild hair with the way the light parts look reddish.& with the yellow & black in the picture-really great shot!!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:06 AM) : 

Sart, you're on fire!!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:29 AM) : 

I'm getting a real sense of drama from your latest postings Sartorialist & I like it!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:29 AM) : 

Tina Turner!!!!

 

Blogger magstermash said ... (8:30 AM) : 

elegant red with untamed mane = boldly classy

I love it, though I wish I could see her face.

I don't know why so many people with hair like this always straighten their hair. I have the "ideal" straight hair but I'm quite frankly envious of the big volume here and movement of her hair. Oh well...I guess it's one of those "grass is greener" situations.

 

Blogger Alice Olive said ... (8:33 AM) : 

Wow, she is amazing! What a fantastic shot - love the yellow of the taxi as well. But she is sexy. No other word for it!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:39 AM) : 

Nice- body, color, cut, hair, pose, everything. Almost feels like a kickback to the 80s.

 

Blogger GQ's Own said ... (8:39 AM) : 

I just want her Phone Number...
Sart, once again when I think you cannot top a previous shoot you come back with an even better one. Great Work!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:42 AM) : 

I always feel that it is by a wave of good fortune that catches a picture in the right moment. This looks to me like one of those days.
I can't decide whether it's the red color against her skin, or the red dress on her body that's making me say "wow!" Either ways, it's both!
I have to say that there's something very feminine and masculine at the same time, her arms look very manly-strong (impact added by the wrist watch - looks great, I think), while the shoes look very daintily feminine, a perfect balance of the elements.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:45 AM) : 

OMG! *gasp* That dress is really PROVOCATIVE! I see...EVERYTHING! : 0
I like her stilettos though, i need a pair myself. ^^

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:54 AM) : 

This could be used as an ad for a fitness club. The dress is perfect on her. What´s wrong with her right heel?

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:55 AM) : 

Wow, indeed.

 

Blogger Dan in Richmond said ... (8:56 AM) : 

A bit of an easy-pleaser for Friday, eh? What exactly are we to discuss here- hair too luxuriant? Mobile too large? Photo too brilliant? Have a good weekend, all.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:59 AM) : 

I gotta get to the gym!

 

Blogger Mr. Rover said ... (9:01 AM) : 

simply sexy.

 

Blogger Cate O'Malley said ... (9:03 AM) : 

What an astounding picture. The dress is fabulous, the contrast to the cab makes it pop. It took my breath away.

 

Blogger bdbs said ... (9:08 AM) : 

photo is amazing BUT Herb Ritts is dead so.....
....thats not very nice suzanne

 

Blogger ZeonZone said ... (9:19 AM) : 

Channeling MS ROSS~! :p
<3 it

 

Blogger DRESSEDMen.com said ... (9:23 AM) : 

Hopefully she doesn't get hit in the street =/

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:24 AM) : 

This is so stunning and bold and perfect.

Does anyone else feel like this could be just a basic American Apparel dress? But it works...oh boy does it work.

I would love to hear everyone's thoughts on how this can be so red and so tight yet not tacky or trashy or inappropriate--its perfectly classy.

What are the elements of the looks that make it work?

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:27 AM) : 

That's a stunning red dress, it fits perfect with the reddish tips of her hair! An her bag seems to smile! The self-confident smile of a wrinkled old toad :-)

 

Blogger Jazzbuff630 said ... (9:27 AM) : 

Smoking hot!

Evokes thoughts of marilyn Monroe or Sophia Loren in the early '60's.

Sexy as a mofo.

 

Blogger Egle Z. said ... (9:28 AM) : 

Dang! She has an amazing body! That dress couldn't hide anything. Love the whole composition too

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:29 AM) : 

exquisitely stunning!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:30 AM) : 

love the pict
amazing body
but...boring dress

 

Blogger e l l e said ... (9:37 AM) : 

Absolutely beautiful!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:38 AM) : 

The shot is great, but everything in her look is odd. Dress, shoes are common. She didn't do much effort.

 

Blogger Viola said ... (9:40 AM) : 

the red of the dress, the black heels and the yellow taxi. Preeeeeeettyyyy! :)

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:54 AM) : 

magstermash, it's definitely a case of "grass is greener". I have hair like this, and I find it very difficult to love. So it's nice to see positive comments here!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:55 AM) : 

Arresting!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:02 AM) : 

I highly doubt that you knew this when you took the photo, but this is the mirror image of a scene from the "Felicity" opening credits (see 0:17-0:18 in the below video):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xu4HjT9--r0

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:07 AM) : 

Such a great shot.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:14 AM) : 

Stunning. She must work out a lot ! On anybody else this dress would be ... out of place. It's TOUGH to walk on cobble stone streets with heels like that.

 

Blogger Lydia said ... (10:28 AM) : 

It's the American Apparel double U-neck dress, I've got one myself in black.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:31 AM) : 

va-va-voom!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:37 AM) : 

so sassy, i love this!

 

Blogger norawoah said ... (10:39 AM) : 

Yowzah!
She's hot stuff!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:40 AM) : 

Mindblowing.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:49 AM) : 

Anachronique, beautiful

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (10:50 AM) : 

the yellow cab, the hair, the red dress... its perfect!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:53 AM) : 

SO so so beautiful, the yellows, the reds, the proportions, the angles. Simply amazing!

 

Blogger Paige said ... (10:55 AM) : 

Oh wow! If I were you I'd throw today's pictures under the heading: Women With Great Hair!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:57 AM) : 

Herve Legere? I think I have that dress.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:59 AM) : 

I love the action in your latest posts Sarto! Bravo!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:01 AM) : 

omg, damn sexy.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:03 AM) : 

it is shots like this that keep me as a fan!! spectacular!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:04 AM) : 

Love it. And she has balance!!!

 

Blogger Kelly said ... (11:15 AM) : 

That's an American Apparel dress. I have it in black. It can make anyone look, and more importantly, feel, sexy as hell. Love this shot.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:19 AM) : 

It's not the dress....wow

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:20 AM) : 

I'm afraid it would take every ounce of self control not to turn and follow her with my eyes as she walked by. Thnks, Sart, that photo just got me through another day of cubicle hell.

 

Blogger Gia said ... (11:25 AM) : 

she looks great:)but the photo is even more amazing for me...good job:)

 

Blogger Andy said ... (11:25 AM) : 

Vavooooom! Perfect. Good work.

 

Blogger LIO said ... (11:28 AM) : 

Great shot. Wind is your friend. And hers.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:29 AM) : 

i'm in LOVE with her hair as well! this would look cute with flats too . . . a bit more casual.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:29 AM) : 

that kinda looks scary. A big ball of hair on a body.

Though I must say she rocks the dress.

 

Blogger Cassaundra said ... (11:43 AM) : 

lovely woman - i like her pose.

and that hair ... some days i wish i had hair like that, it's so beautiful.

 

Blogger Old Housecoat said ... (11:50 AM) : 

Yes - she looks great! But in the end you seem to have captured a perfect momnet in time. Her 'pose' says something about women and the city and control that I simply can't describe. This is why I check in everyday -Bravo!!

 

Blogger Melissa W said ... (11:52 AM) : 

AMAZING! Her hair and that dress is good thing! Sart does it again.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:57 AM) : 

How do you wear a dress like this without lines showing? Do you just wear no underwear??

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:58 AM) : 

It's amazing that the street doesn't have footprints scorched into it!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:05 PM) : 

Simply gorgeous. Both the shot and the woman.

 

Blogger BigBunny said ... (12:09 PM) : 

wow .....

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:09 PM) : 

WOW WOW!!! THE woman in red. really a beautiful shot

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:17 PM) : 

Wow, this is meant to be. I got the black version of this dress yesterday and contemplated getting the red. Now I know I NEED to get the red one as well. Granted, I don't have her body... Oh well...

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:25 PM) : 

I always have a hard time keeping sling-backs on my feet too. =)

 

Blogger Jack Daniel said ... (12:25 PM) : 

nice shot! i prefere your 'sneaky shots' than posed ones...

 

Blogger Susie said ... (12:25 PM) : 

As good as it gets, this is a sexy, well dressed woman in a fantastic pose.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:26 PM) : 

Wow!!!!!!!!!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:26 PM) : 

I actually think that the hair covering her face adds a lot to the photo because more focus is drawn to the dress and her amazing body. The tight, bright dress works so well on her because she has accessorized so well and her body is so ideally woman. She looks iconic.

 

Blogger Leigh said ... (12:27 PM) : 

Wow is she fabulous! I've always wanted hair like that. I love how you captured the moment.

 

Blogger indigo warrior said ... (12:36 PM) : 

I think it's amazing she can stand on just *one* of those shoes! Most women would deny ever thinking this, but I would love to look like this. I wonder what her workout and diet are like?

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:41 PM) : 

I love her hair- but I have a thing against red dresses- especially tight, short and jersey ones. Plus that Louboutin is really upsetting me.

 

Blogger D. Debil said ... (12:48 PM) : 

Spray-paint, right?


=

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (1:18 PM) : 

His is one of the sexiest photos I've seen in awhile. Her body, that dress, the colors.

Damn, I can't even focus on my work now...

 

Blogger CULTURE CREATORS said ... (1:19 PM) : 

Sooooo pretty woman. I love it!








xCC

 

Blogger Tai Vati said ... (1:26 PM) : 

This is very sexy.

 

Blogger OR said ... (1:30 PM) : 

c h i l i p e p p e r .

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (1:31 PM) : 

absolutely sexy!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:34 PM) : 

She didn't put on that dress... it was poured onto her.

~ Blaumax

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:39 PM) : 

Dress, hair and legs. Sexy, hot, perfect!

visconde de barreiros

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:44 PM) : 

is this the same girl on style.com?

http://www.style.com/fashionshows/sartorialist/page/3/

 

Blogger TEXTSTYLES said ... (1:45 PM) : 

american apparel would pay big bucks to use this in an ad

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:48 PM) : 

She looks amazingly beautiful.

 

Blogger Lisa said ... (1:57 PM) : 

On her, the dress looks fantastic...on anyone else, it's a very unforgiving cut and fabrication.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:11 PM) : 

Kind of reminds me of a Robert Longo.

 

Blogger Hannah Stephenson said ... (2:15 PM) : 

Wow,a painted on, vixen-red dress. The photo of her enormous hair is awesome, but I wish I could see her face.

 

Blogger Joshua/// said ... (2:18 PM) : 

She really reminds me of Rosie Perez in the opening to Do The Right Thing-- the skin tight red dress on an incredible body with the big hair. It's ridiculously sexy.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:35 PM) : 

Reminds me of a pour-it-own dress I had in '89/early 90s. I could never walk in those heels though. I'm simultaneously jealous and thrilled for her. Great shot.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:46 PM) : 

I bet she's not wearing a wink of makeup either...flawless.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:06 PM) : 

I am woman, hear me roar! Love it.

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (3:13 PM) : 

anonymous@11:57 - there are special undergarments you can find which are made so that the seams don't show, but yes another option is to simply forgo it altogether

and indigo warrior@12:36 - i have no problem admitting i would sell my mother to look like that.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:18 PM) : 

This picture is as much about her amazing body than the dress she's wearing.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:22 PM) : 

I live in San Francisco and that American Apparel dress is a staple for girls my age (the 16-20 crowd). Viva American Apparel!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:38 PM) : 

i wish i could pull off an american apparel-esque dress like that.

she's got the perfect body for it!

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (3:41 PM) : 

The red contrast against the yellow cab in such a dreary urban area are fabulous. She is extremely hot in this red number with a body to go with it, though I always found that style should be effortless and feel comfortable at the same time. This figure looks as if she is "struggling" with comfort on numerous levels.

 

Blogger Michael Rex said ... (3:47 PM) : 

Sashay Shanté!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:47 PM) : 

She is simply stunning. The sexiest girl I have ever seen in my life.....if your reading this will you marry me????

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:49 PM) : 

those hipbones. mMmmm

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:49 PM) : 

its not the dress, look at her stunning body. How can posters seriously credit the dress???

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:58 PM) : 

Pretty woman
Walking down the street
Pretty woman
The kind I'd like to meet

 

Blogger junglesiren said ... (4:11 PM) : 

Love seeing girls with the same crazy hair like mine. Its' so funny how people always talk about how "cool" or "hip" it is. The fact is, yeah, all that but without the help of some stylist who can blow dry the hell out of it (and that takes hours, and I've had stylists give up in the middle of blow drying it) it's hard to look polished. And the hair is such an attention getter that often a hat or a ponytail (or pony puff in my case) is the only way to stay under the radar on those days when I'm not looking for chats with strangers. I'm lucky in that my hair suits my lifestyle but there are those moments when I'd like to look something other than "cool" or "hip". A rich man's dilemma, I know.

Girls with this hair I'd love to hear what you do for something different.

Anyway..... The dress is kind of 80's to me and not one I love but I must say if you're gonna wear it, wear the hell out if it like this lady. Great body. Not skinny, shapely.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:23 PM) : 

Haha, I often have this problem with my hair!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:28 PM) : 

The shoes are blah, the dress is a little trashy, the bag looks boring...... but she looks fantastic! She makes the outfit.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:42 PM) : 

I don't like shoes that don't fit on any woman.

But the dress sure does and very well

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:50 PM) : 

the cell phone ruins it... can't stand multi-taskers (no matter how glamourous)... this woman comes across as typical-chatty-on-the-go and certainly unaware of her immediate presence

 

Blogger Cheryl Houston said ... (4:52 PM) : 

You're photos are amazing! I've said it before and I'll say it again- sometimes I'm sitting there waiting for the subjects move into action. Sadly, they never do. How about some video work, Sart?

That dress can only be warn by girls with her figure... build... in other words- I could never wear this dress. She looks AMAZING in it!!

And lastly, my hair would never do that... too straight. Too flat.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:18 PM) : 

Stunning! What an amazon

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:21 PM) : 

Hmmm ... what a body, what a femme, what a great red wrapping. Not to mention her hair.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:25 PM) : 

She is a ridiculously hot subject to shoot. The scene is a starkly juxtaposed color contrast with everything in proper focus. She, you, the captured essence, rocks to hell and back. Boooyyaahhh!!!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:33 PM) : 

one of my favorites. this is the sexiest shot!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:45 PM) : 

This instance illustrates why you should look both ways before you cross the street...you might find the opportunity to linger and take in your surroundings. Natural beauty in a great red dress.--HB

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:52 PM) : 

@ anonymous 1:44PM
is this the same girl on style.com?
http://www.style.com/fashionshows/sartorialist/page/3/


She's carrying the same handbag. Good catch, I wouldn't have seen it.

 

Blogger Asis Cortes said ... (5:55 PM) : 

wow
que elegante
ademas de todo muy sexy

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:58 PM) : 

I think this is my favorite shot yet! She is beautiful, and that dress is just perfect with her body, skin tone, and hair color. This is a woman who knows how to wear a simple piece and make it look faaaaantastic with just her body and few simple accessories. WOW!

 

Blogger okso said ... (6:19 PM) : 

holy s***, you've taken the perfect shot, sart.

i'd never wear any of those due to my ideologies, but the shot is perfect.

 

Blogger Candace said ... (6:29 PM) : 

WOW, can her body be any better!!

But I wish I could see her face thru all that beautifully thick hair of hers....reminds me of mine! :)

 

Blogger Simone said ... (6:41 PM) : 

The picture is just stunning and so NYC. I don't even like what she's wearing but still! So lovely!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:43 PM) : 

this is such a great picture!
love the hair

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:48 PM) : 

Hot

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:20 PM) : 

OK! She's stunning...yumi body doubtless!
nice shot... one of a kind!
Red upper-thigh dress...is not so evident... is it?
honestly, she's shouting... LOOK AT MEEEEEEEE!!! miles away. i do reckon too much samantha 'SOTC on the city' mood.

 

Blogger Cook said ... (7:33 PM) : 

i love the fact that her nails are painted black...no one noticed that tiny detail?? she's SO NYC.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:08 PM) : 

Tina Turner?

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:14 PM) : 

first the woman whose dress gets blown by the bus & now this one! incredible! I want to see the face that goes with the body (did you get any other shots of her?) but at the same time I like the mystery of not being able to see her. love how spontaneous it is. the cel phone is a nice touch also - the modern woman in the age of technology - strong, feminine, sexy & on the go! works not only as a fashion image but a great picture in itself - well done!

 

Blogger B Real said ... (8:22 PM) : 

Great shot Sart!!!
Talk about stopping traffic, Love the hair, Love the dress, Love the shoes... That body, I'm in love.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:23 PM) : 

kjdfhakfhalkjf (Speechless)

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:45 PM) : 

I have that dress in dark green, but I can only wear it after a few days of being good at the gym..she looks amazing!

 

Blogger Steph said ... (8:55 PM) : 

Dayum. I wish I looked like that.

I'd wear a dress like that too if I had her body.

But the stiletto helps to make it less trampy tight and more cling chic.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:09 PM) : 

wowser!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:21 PM) : 

Yum!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:51 PM) : 

sexy one piece tight dress, very alaia look. Love those black slingbacks for the match. Only happen in NYC

 

Blogger Cambra said ... (10:25 PM) : 

American Apparel strikes again.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:12 PM) : 

I don't see anything special about this outfit whatsoever...typical outfit you see a dime a dozen girls wearing in a night club. Plus, here in the afternoon, it looks very streetwalker-ish. Just my humble opinion...

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:25 PM) : 

Wowser indeed. And I can't help thinking about Marilyn Monroe. What is it about beauty and manhole covers??

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (11:42 PM) : 

Hah! This totally reminds me of Miss Bellum, from 'The Powerpuff Girls' (show that used to be on Cartoon network)

 

Blogger Starck Mad said ... (11:45 PM) : 

Sweet-Georgia-Brown, this girl has a body!
Very Alaia........love it!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:52 PM) : 

Fascinating. Really, so many aspects to think about.
-susina

 

Blogger Ann (MobayDP) said ... (12:10 AM) : 

aaah yes, behold the power of the crackberry!! Standing in the middle of the street with traffic whizzing by her,fixing her shoe, lusty men drooling all around her, and yet...completely oblivious to it all, completely focused on that blackberry screen. LOL. I love it!

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (12:25 AM) : 

Whoa!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:35 AM) : 

i think it was the hair that made her so WOW!!

 

Blogger Mike Baker the Bike Maker said ... (1:05 AM) : 

She is stunning. It's like "Weird Science to the Future"!!!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:33 AM) : 

I know it's been said but I think this lady deserves some hefty appraisal. DAMN GIRL. She is very very hot. If you have a body like that you best wear whatever the hell you please to show it off. THIS is how you wear AA jersey boys and girls, you make sure you've got the goods first. Sad but true, not everyone can spray on their clothes and look fine at it.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:54 AM) : 

I wish her dress was a little looser so that everything did not show so clearly but people could still see her curves.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:07 AM) : 

Wow! Very Tina Turneresque.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:31 AM) : 

great genes+american apparel= said photograph

 

Blogger emily said ... (7:10 AM) : 

gah, slingbacks are a pain!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:25 AM) : 

Hey baby with the red dress on....

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:52 AM) : 

shaking hair..
simple red dress..
but black lace shoes..
however sexy body & brown skin..
and just street..
very nice snap..
ya..different tina tunner..
but..just curious..

she's face shape..~_~

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:16 AM) : 

lady in red....

 

Blogger Tsar Kasim said ... (10:21 AM) : 

Very nice outfit. Wowsers...

 

Blogger Mira Vales said ... (10:49 AM) : 

This is not just a dress - it's an essence of female sex-appeal in a sort of brassy 'flashdance' style. I love the dress, hair and shoes as well as the picture's composition:)

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:34 AM) : 

I wanna be her when I grow up. LOL

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:53 AM) : 

The secret to wearing this dress is to have an amazing body. This dress would like crap on someone who didn't have a model's figure.

 

Blogger annie said ... (11:56 AM) : 

that is beautiful.
wonder if she knows she was shot.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:12 PM) : 

Scott, this is simply one of the best shots you have ever posted. It makes me wonder, when will you put out a book of the best of The Sartorialist?

 

Blogger The Blushing Hostess said ... (12:18 PM) : 

just a gorgeous shot!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:51 PM) : 

FIT!

 

Blogger Hell Yup! said ... (1:27 PM) : 

HOLY SMOKES! PLEASE don't put that F!RE out...

Body, Dress, Hair, Bag, Heels, Watch, Bberry, SWAGGER, Cab, Manhole, X Walk = The women of NYC are so untouchable...

We're all so lucky - GO US!

 

Blogger dav said ... (1:37 PM) : 

for me this shot is pure perfection, everything about the girl is awesome; the colour of the dress, the fit, it simply blows me away. i actually find it quite painful to look at, her hair is awesome and its accentuated by the wind. sart you've caught this shot perfectly. I applaud you.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:52 PM) : 

an awesome pic,

the fact she is standing on that white stripe,

that the manhole cover is there,

the yellow cab,

its just a feast of forms and colors,

athe energy of her body,

balancing effortless in the middle of it all.

mesmerizing!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:24 PM) : 

is this american apparell? i was just going to say how i love that her look isn't trendy, just pure femininity, and i love how healthy she looks! beautiful!

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (5:04 PM) : 

Good Gracious

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:00 PM) : 

Great shot, but that dress is a size too small. It looks like she's about to run the 100 meters.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:38 PM) : 

I remember when I used to be able to wear dresses like that...20 years ago. *sniff* Even if I do get down to goal weight, that body is gone forever unless I have surgery (which I won't).

The hair, however...I'm growing mine out. It'll take me an extra year or so since I don't have her thickness, but I can't wait to have my own luscious poofy curly mane back again.

And oh yeah...red, yellow, manhole, slingbacks, NYC...inspiring as always. Keep up the great work, Sart! :)

 

Blogger Teena Vallerine said ... (6:43 PM) : 

Amazingly nonchalant given how stunning she looks. Beautiful that you caught her so unawares. t.xx

 

Blogger 1234 said ... (6:54 PM) : 

i think it is a AA double u neck dress...such a great way to show off her great figure.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:58 PM) : 

American Apparel is a vile and sleazy company, but that pose is AWESOME. :)

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:56 PM) : 

THAT IS A GREAT SHOT!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:45 PM) : 

gorge

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:03 AM) : 

love the hair, love the attitude, love the pose, LOVE IT.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:28 AM) : 

perfect body, wow...

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:00 AM) : 

That's so Tina Turner (when she was young ;D)

 

Blogger Miguel said ... (8:12 AM) : 

I'll have that any day... any time... Wow! Wow! Wow!!!!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:47 AM) : 

One of your keepers.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:57 AM) : 

cool how her watch face is turned inwards... makes this photo/ her all the more spontaneous/ careless/ oblivious to the attention...

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:16 PM) : 

I love her body! And the shoes are amazing.

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (3:50 PM) : 

wish her hair was actually doing that. Like a hot Cousin It.

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (4:57 PM) : 

I'm pretty sure that dress is from American Apparel. I have it in another color...I do not, however, look like that in my dress...going to the gym, STET! She looks awesome. Great job, as usual, Sart!

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (8:14 PM) : 

Perfection!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:40 PM) : 

Heavens to Betsy! Daring and seductive indeed. . .

 

Blogger Anne Marie said ... (10:04 PM) : 

her hair just looks so amazing.

 

Blogger David Y. said ... (10:07 PM) : 

BREATH TAKING

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:08 PM) : 

i love this shot... my favorite one of yours.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:32 PM) : 

american apparel! i have that dress in greenish.

 

Blogger MEADE DESIGN GROUP said ... (12:20 AM) : 

HOT! HOT! HOT!

 

Blogger Tailoverteakettle said ... (12:42 AM) : 

Lovely picture; you're an excellent photographer. The cinematic feel almost makes the AA double U neck dress worth it. Otherwise it's quite a plain outfit. This photo generally makes me happy I have crazy curly hair just like she does.

 

Blogger Melissa said ... (2:57 AM) : 

This is my new favorite. The hair, dress, fixing the shoe, cab, body.

Just perfect.

 

Blogger JoJo said ... (8:02 AM) : 

wow, her outfit is so simple and her hair is absolutely amazing.

 

Blogger Bellarmine said ... (9:21 AM) : 

Nice body! The style is a bit 90s to me. No?

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:24 AM) : 

this is the sexiest woman I have seen in a while

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:03 AM) : 

Indeed, this photo looks like a Robert Longo:

http://images.artnet.com/artwork_images_166768_385321_robert-longo.jpg

Good God, she looks hot, hot, hot! Love the shoes...purse..wish I had the body..sigh.......

 

Blogger PunkiMeowMeow said ... (11:19 AM) : 

If you got it flaunt it! She's got a gorgeous bod and 'do'. I need to get to a gym!

 

post a comment
Newer Posts Older Posts
Best Web Hosting