This page has moved to our new address, www.thesartorialist.com. If you're not redirected within a few seconds, please click below. If you still have issues, please clear your cache and try again.

On the Street...Andre Benjamin, Florence

 
 
 
 
 















Rss Feed

Links

Assignment Photography and Syndication

Gallerist

Categories

This entire site ⓒ 2005-2011 The Sartorialist. All of the photographs herein, unless otherwise noted, are copyrighted by the photographer. No part of this site, or any of the content contained herein, may be used or reproduced in any manner whatsoever without express permission of the copyright holder(s).



 

Thursday, August 07, 2008

On the Street...Andre Benjamin, Florence


So it was the last day of Pitti, really hot in Florence and after being outside all day shooting the heat was starting to get to me.
All I wanted to do was stop into a few shops on my way back to the hotel and then spend the rest of the night working on images in my air conditioned room.

At around 6:45 I popped into Boggi. The place was about to close and there was only one other guy in the shop.
Now, I had just watched the movie Semi-Pro on the plane on the way over and the guy in the shop looked surprisingly similar to Coffee Black. I didn't think it was him because it was just so out of context. I got up the courage to ask if he was the guy in the movie, and just about the time he said yes I remembered his name (thank God!). Of course I knew all about him, but again because it was so out of context I was blanking.

Anyway, I told him I did a blog called The Sartorialist and now he was all excited because he said that he loved the blog and looks at it often. Now I'm totally blushing - I know a lot of people look at my blog but i never think it is someone like him (or Kanye!) (and by "him" I mean any big star)

So , of course I ask if we can go pop outside and take a fast shot.
We find a great background and the photo above is that moment. Honestly, I had to take a few shots because I was still so psyched that this was happening.

We went back to the store and he ended up buying the blue knit shirt that I recommended (I'm wearing mine in the Style.com video a few post down).

Anyway, that is the back story of this photo.

ps. I will make a prediction now that Semi-Pro will clean up at this years Oscars!!
If you haven't seen it yet RUN to buy the DVD - Will Ferrell Rocks!!

Comments on "On the Street...Andre Benjamin, Florence"

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:35 PM) : 

Andre's style is inimitable...very pleased to see him featured here!

 

Blogger bobbbyg said ... (5:47 PM) : 

well done sir. nice catch on your part. the trousers rock. like zippy lemonade.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:48 PM) : 

Awesome!

Love me sexyyyyyy!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:48 PM) : 

Stylish and cool as always. I have also run into him on the streets and he always has something unique but clean. Thanks Sart.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:50 PM) : 

An incredibly positive force in Hip-Hop. Glad you got the chance to meet him.

 

Blogger deborah said ... (5:53 PM) : 

I love the yellow pants.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:54 PM) : 

this is absolutely adorable.

the expression, the moment, your excitement.

three stacks' grin made my day :)

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (5:54 PM) : 

I am so glad the rest of the world is realizing that Hip Hop style is more than just over sized sports jerseys and baggy jeans. The spontaneous style of Hip Hop is also reflected in the clothing. Furthermore, Hip Hop was born out of sampling and borrowing to make your own style. The same ethic goes into the clothing. Andre 3000 is apart of my childhood. I grew up on Outkast and saw him grow musically, artistically and stylistically. He is obviously a modern day dandy.

 

Blogger MARIA H said ... (5:54 PM) : 

He is THE MAN!

 

Blogger Ashe said ... (5:56 PM) : 

I've loved Andre's style since he recommended men wear red socks in In Style a few years back.

 

Blogger M said ... (5:57 PM) : 

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:05 PM) : 

WOW that is amazing.. see stars are just like us.. they really do read good blogs! Andre looks very fashionable and could really pull of those yellow trousers!

 

Blogger G.S.GUCCILIFE said ... (6:06 PM) : 

I almost forgot..yes,Will Ferrell rocks!

 

Blogger Chomy said ... (6:08 PM) : 

this guy takes risks and sets trends instead of following them. He has bein at the forefront of eclectic fashion before it was even hip to be different. Kudos for capturing his massive "fabulosity" on your blog.

p.s......this blog is like my daily word. Keep doing what you do because you do it so exceedingly well.

Cheers,

 

Blogger amyonymous said ... (6:13 PM) : 

oh, he is SO cute. and such great style. really rocks those yellow pants with the blue converse. great hat. wonderful white shirt. best of all, a beautiful smile. i'm happy!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:19 PM) : 

LOVE Andre! He looks so relaxed and happy, the yellow pants are really working and the hat is awesome. He has a clothing line out, or it's about to be released. Anyway, he's looking super sexy. GREAT pic, Scott. It's amazing that you ran into him, what a coincidence.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:27 PM) : 

Wow, I love Andre! He has such a unique style that always puts a smile on my face. It seems like he really has fun with fashion, which is so much nicer to see than people who take their look so seriously.
And yes, you're so right. Will Ferrell does indeed rock.

 

Blogger np0804 said ... (6:33 PM) : 

And he's wearing his blue converse all stars just like he said he did yesterday on style.com.

 

Blogger dalia said ... (6:36 PM) : 

i love andre... i'm not always a fan of some of his outfits, but the mere fact that he takes many many fashion "risks" and is comfortable in his own skin to don some of the things he does, makes him a true style icon, imo.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:36 PM) : 

sart.... i had a dream that i was dreaming of you. and you were wearing yellow pants, similar to the one in the picture of andre. then i went to look at the site, and there were the yellow pants. except, maybe in the dream they were blue. not sure.

 

Blogger B. FLY AND THE CITY said ... (6:36 PM) : 

YES YES YES!!!! I THOUGHT THIS WOULD NEVER BE, BUT WHEN I SAW THAT YOU SHOT KANYE I KEPT HOPE ALIVE. I JUST WANT A MILLION LITTLE SPAWNS OF HIM. HE'S COME ALONG WAY FROM FLANNEL SHIRT WITH FOOTBALL JERSEYS AND SHOULDER PADS. ALWAYS SWITCHING UP HIS STYLE, REMINDS ME S MUCH OF MYSELF. AND ON TOP OF BEING SO DAPPER HE HAS A COOL ASS VIBE. <3

 

Blogger Jazzbuff630 said ... (6:40 PM) : 

What I like about Andre is that he is not afraid to take fashion risks. I can imagine him wearing plus fours, argyles, and a Scottish tam-o-shanter, and looking quite relaxed in it - chillin'. He (and Fonzworth Bentley, as well) have demonstrated that being a peacock can be quite cool, when it comes naturally. Definitely not a cookie-cutter brother from the wannabe thug monolith. Go ahead with yo' bad self, bro.

 

Blogger Candace said ... (6:42 PM) : 

Oh gosh, i LOVE Andre....can anyone have a better smile!?! And each outfit he wears is always a memorable one!

 

Blogger Dan in Richmond said ... (6:45 PM) : 

Happy and comfortable and beautiful-I love it!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:58 PM) : 

Impeccable style-- If I'm not much mistaken, I've seen him in 5th Ave. in a fabulously dapper army coat. His confidence is radiant.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:04 PM) : 

It's special to read the backstory for a photo like this

I know it takes time to write

Thanks so much for doing it when you can

 

Blogger Jamie Welsh Watson said ... (7:08 PM) : 

What a great story! "Big Boi and Dre Present...Outkast" is one of my favorite albums! Coffee Black was my favorite character in that goofy movie. I kept thinking, his voice sounds so good even when he's just talking. ELE!

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (7:19 PM) : 

the back story makes this post twice as good--I hope you'll do more stories like this for all your pictures!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:43 PM) : 

I love the yellow pants.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:52 PM) : 

Even though I'm not a huge fan of Outkast, I do love Andre 300 -- he always manages to look interesting and dapper. Plus, his big smile just adds to how nice this look is.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:56 PM) : 

One of the top ten greatest rappers of all-time.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:07 PM) : 

great story and the man's got style!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:09 PM) : 

"Andre,
Benjamin Andre to be exact.
You hope to meet a gentleman one day
well this is that."-Andre 3000

3000 is a true dandy i'm surprised you just know him from Semi-Pro and that he hasn't shown up on this site sooner.

 

Blogger a reference said ... (8:12 PM) : 

This is the greatest!

 

Blogger Aziza said ... (8:13 PM) : 

He's a cutie with a style all his own! Definitely an inspiration to lots of young men I know.

 

Blogger Jessica said ... (8:14 PM) : 

One of the most creative musicians in any genre. I've always admired his style and had a mini-crush. Thanks for this!

 

Blogger rachel said ... (8:16 PM) : 

This just made my day. Really.

 

Blogger FlashBastard said ... (8:20 PM) : 

I love this cat's style on and off the the microphone and his energy under or away from the spotlight...

and I knew you meant 'any big stars'...

as we ALL know that you have more than welcomed any and all deserving folks from every walk of life...

and thanks!

 

Blogger Sheba Brooks Moore said ... (8:31 PM) : 

Ha!...What an amazing story!!! You are the bomb!...So interesting how things work out, this story truly reinforces the magic of fate, and how the sequence of events leads to magical outcomes. For some reason I got a flashback to the story The Alchemist, after seeing the image, and reading the story. You know that you are striking a chord when you touch those you least expect.

Luv, and Admire your eye
Always!!!...

Peace

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:37 PM) : 

What a great post Sart, lovely to hear your starstruck excitement! Andre is so cool, dandy and stylish with a sense of humour! Any chance you could snap him every day?

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:18 PM) : 

He is also in the very popular band Outcast!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:19 PM) : 

Andre is truly one of the best dressed and talented musician today. I love that he takes risks and embraces bright colours but he always wears the clothes, they never wear him.

 

Blogger Guy Montag said ... (9:31 PM) : 

Andre is such an awesome guy, and with his snappy dress style, it's not a big surprise that he reads your blog heh :D

You've got some amazing luck as a photographer!

 

Blogger Anastasia said ... (9:58 PM) : 

ohhh i love Andre!! the guy has awesome style, a wonderful voice and looks like he'd be so much fun to hang out with!!
im suprised you're suprised that he'd check out your blog...everyone knows you now Sart!!

 

Blogger Kiki said ... (10:18 PM) : 

What a wonderful stroke of luck!
I have always loved Andre's style and this look is like sucking in a throatful of cool air.

Beautiful man, beautiful smile, beautiful style.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:42 PM) : 

Now this is how a gentleman should dress.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:46 PM) : 

Hey ya! LOVE IT!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:53 PM) : 

it's a shame that you know him from semi-pro and not from outkast.

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (11:34 PM) : 

Very well done! I am glade to see him featured here!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:33 AM) : 

Too fab about Andre. I adore him! Also, glad to see we share the same sense of humor. I thought Semi-Pro was absolutely hysterical but alas no one else shares this with me. Glad to see of all people, you do!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:38 AM) : 

I LOVE him! He has one of the most awesome smiles ever!!

~AliciaInAlaska

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:40 AM) : 

wow...what a coincidence. I happen to just turn on an Outkast song to have as a sountrack to Sartorialist peering and the face that I see is Andre3000's. Nice... He looks impeccably southern.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:40 AM) : 

growing up in London ....I remember my dad bringing me first YELLOW belt made of foam ...from ITALY..which is where he resides(ed) for past 40 years....and I could tell when I wore it I was the kid on the block that there was something very ITALIAN about me ...I mean i just STOOD OUT....maybe not the way I wanted to ....but I kinda dug it!..so I did not stop ...because the kids around me did not know how to make fun of me ...and while they did not get the idea ...they still kept looking with intrigue!...............
as I look at his guy ...attitude is KEY ...as is with this guy photographed here.

btw ..caught your interview in JULY with men.style.com.......not bad...I loved it ..you always have something meaningful to say when it comes to the subject of fashion ....ALWAYS VERY VERY VALID!

CIAO REGAZZI!
&
as always
THXSAR!

 

Blogger MELI. said ... (12:41 AM) : 

andre is gorgeous.
I loved his plaid-vest-suit get ups for his cd/videos/andre3000. I love reading a bit of stories between the images. brings the movement and gets my imagination running about the nature of the picture(s). it becomes alive :)

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:59 AM) : 

Haha, what a cool story! Fans meeting fans...

And I love the his blue Converses. Nice touch to an already bright outfit. :3

 

Blogger Fashionstyle said ... (1:39 AM) : 

Un petit air des caraïbes...lovely shine !!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:53 AM) : 

Andre has so much style it's scary. Many people on the blog are based in and around fashion right?
I always love your shots of the non fashion crowd more. More natural and a better self-expression.
That being said I undertsand that Anre has moved into designing now so there goes my theory!
Anyhow great shot and killer trousers. The blog has been on especially good form of late.

 

Blogger agrasshopper said ... (2:37 AM) : 

oh hey~~~
It's so great you met him! His personality shines through even brighter than his clothes! The smile. swoon.........

Your blog does more than inspire me, it cheers me up!

Thank you.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:53 AM) : 

Sart,
Please can you also add some more girls? Latelly is only men... uff... :)

Nice pic and nice story by the way. I love when you tell the story of the pic...

 

Blogger Lexi:: PottyMouthMama said ... (3:19 AM) : 

I big love yellow. And these yellow pants are ace on Andre. What a cool shot.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:44 AM) : 

Sunshine! I think your photo of him really catches that smile and obvious happiness you both shared while taking it.
Andre is always stylish.

 

Blogger Aquarell said ... (4:00 AM) : 

* S M I L E * of the day.....
Crisp

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:26 AM) : 

Wow really great photo! Everything about it says confidence, fun and sunshine! I am a big fan of both you and your site and Andre. The man's style is captivating and beyond original!

In the morning I always check my emails and then check the sartorialist to start the day on a good note. You really have something special here.
Keep up the great work!

 

Blogger miss ghesquiere said ... (6:22 AM) : 

oh what a happy person! Thats so unbelievably cute, the hat the yellow slacks, the tucked-in shirt, ALL of it!

 

Blogger Maame Agyeben said ... (7:04 AM) : 

Well done Sartorialist! Your blog is truly a must-visit for anyone interested in fashion. You should be proud.

Great shot of a trend-setter. I love how Andre is a risk-taker. He and Kanye really show that Hip-Hop has something interesting to say to the fashion world.

Take care.
Maame x

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:46 AM) : 

HEY YAAAA!

 

Blogger Jessica said ... (8:10 AM) : 

Andre really owns his style. Not many people could wear pants like that and have the focus still be on the person and not the pants! I'm not surprised he reads your blog, as he's a very stylish guys and always looks turned out even when he's going casual. I'm glad you got the chance to meet him!

 

Blogger Jorge from W Palm Beach said ... (8:24 AM) : 

Great outfit. Timeless. Classic. I am surprised that in comments none of the comments mention the position of his left hand. Love the blue all-stars, maybe it is time I get my own! Jorge from W Palm Beach

 

Blogger cami falcão said ... (8:39 AM) : 

how great is that?! perfect timing, perfect pants and perfect smile....nice!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:49 AM) : 

Truly a renaissance man in his own right, Andre 3000 is. Intriguing how with any picture he takes, he seems so at ease and comfortable. Great pants, CTs are a nice touch too. Great straw hat, versatile staple. Great picture, Sart.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:51 AM) : 

His style is so relaxed and comfortable in this photo. It's just perfect. And the yellow is an amazing splash of color. I'm actually wearing yellow pants today and when I saw this post, I smiled. Did Andre mention why he was hanging in Milan?

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:57 AM) : 

what i think most people don't realize is that post- biggie, andre' is one of the best 3 rappers of his generation(jay-z and eminem being the others). if you don't know it, i suggest you pick up aquemini. it's a classic and every verse andre' spits on is soooooo inspired. it gives me goosebumps.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:27 AM) : 

Andre 3000 is one of the best rappers to ever do it. Semi Pro is not the best representation of the man's accomplishments. I hope in the future we won't forget Outkast won a grammy for album of the year , Or we wont forget B.O.B and the likes...
Glad he made it on here, Kanye isnt the only Dapper Rapper

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:31 AM) : 

Everyone is wearing Chucks!! They'll never die, I sort of love it.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:32 AM) : 

He is the coolest dresser EVER, I always love him!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:58 AM) : 

have to comment again today. love him love him love him. love his style, his energy. glad you ran into him.

 

Blogger Marrio TheBlackGuy said ... (10:24 AM) : 

Awesome...you continue to amaze me first Kanye and now Andre 3000...just when I thought it could not get any better...bravo my friend..You are really making me happy I took the time to meet you when you were in DC. I wasn't a huge fan at the time, but I am in your pocket now!

 

Blogger norawoah said ... (10:42 AM) : 

Andre's style makes my heart go pitter patter.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:45 AM) : 

This just makes my heart happy :)

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:20 AM) : 

Andre is really hot. Great look, great pants and super sexy forearms!

 

Blogger Mistress D said ... (11:51 AM) : 

wow, he is SOO HOT!!!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:55 AM) : 

I love Andre-- joie de vivre personafide! aside from his smashing style, his beautiful smile makes ME smile.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:10 PM) : 

The guy can wear your grandmother's old hair turban and start a trend.

THAT's style and brio.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:23 PM) : 

Andre really is truly a fashion 'Outkast' in the most positive of ways. He does his own thing and proves what many of us have known all along: When it comes to the elements of style, no one does it better than the Hip Hop Nation!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:29 PM) : 

LOVE Andre 3000. He always looks phenomenal and it seems so natural.

Gah, I wish my boyfriend would dress like him!!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:10 PM) : 

I love Andre! His look always seems to maximize what is going on around him and here he is wearing the perfect outfit for Florence.

Hi Andre! (Since he'll be reading this blog.) Stick around!

 

Blogger jess said ... (1:14 PM) : 

I love that his street style is as witty as his performing style. Andre Benjamin deserves to be a regular on your blog. . . please arrange to spontaneously bump into him more often!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:34 PM) : 

i can't even believe your luck. i dream of seeing him on the street.
and his style blows me away.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:34 PM) : 

oh i just love andre, he is so cute and adoarable. you have no idea how happy i was to see him on your page! he is one of my favourite artists ever. i love his music, his style and he seems like such a genuine & cool guy. i love how he is standing in the picture, and that smile! great photo sartorialist!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:42 PM) : 

I suggest that you run out and rent Idlewild, Mr Sart. Fun and fabulous costumes worn by Outkast that are right up your alley. Good work with the photo, I would have had monster camera shake.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:43 PM) : 

I think this is one of the best shots I've ever seen of Andre. The romantic background, his sunny outfit, his super sunny smile. (sigh) He's dreamy.

And thanks for the story! What a thrill!

 

Blogger de Vereaux said ... (1:51 PM) : 

The same shot used for his top ten essentials. Andre 3000, is the man. Looking forward to that B. Bixley line, i know that is going to be hot. The Sartorialist, You are the Man also. Always jonny on the spot with the pictures. Every one is a star when you take the flix.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:02 PM) : 

Andre has great style, but more importantly he has an awesome smile! Love him. Really like that watch he is sporting...

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:38 PM) : 

Andre makes me happy to be alive. He's got great style, and I especially love the contrast between the yellow pants and blue Chucks. For some reason that yellow/blue combination always has such a nautical/seaside vibe to it. Not sure why, maybe it's merely a personal perception. The hat, the bikes leaning in the background and the narrow alleyway behind him finish the shot perfectly.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:56 PM) : 

i am in love with him- so happy to see him on your blog.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:10 PM) : 

great style "find", sart! ... but you are kidding about semi-pro at the oscar's right? ooo that just inspired me ... you should have awards voted by your readers! fun!

 

Blogger Anna Niess said ... (4:16 PM) : 

i love andre; he's my favorite male fashion icon of today... i don't know if this has been posted yet so im sorry if i'm being repetitive, but he's actually coming out with his own clothing line. i read an article about it a couple of months ago. it seems really cool and innovative. heres the link: http://nymag.com/fashion/08/spring/44214/

 

Blogger Audreaming said ... (4:40 PM) : 

what a warm smile!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:50 PM) : 

now this man is pure style all the time .I love the way he wears his clothing he owns them.Absolutely one of the most stylish people in the entertainment/fashion industry. Love him

 

Blogger Steve said ... (5:13 PM) : 

MR.3000! I love that guy

 

Blogger mark s said ... (5:45 PM) : 

Ahhh -- and do I notice him wearing his shirt tale out while tucking in the front? ala sartorialist?

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:57 PM) : 

you've got to have a certain confidence to pull off this look. He looks great.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:12 PM) : 

Andre always looks dapper, and he works the casual "day off" clothes just as nicely as fancy duds for award shows. Great find, Sart!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:43 PM) : 

P.S. I just thought I'd mention that it really doesn't surprise me that he read The Sartorialist, not one little bit.

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (9:46 PM) : 

Andre just has so much style. I love this image. Thank you.

 

Blogger Sam de Brito said ... (10:41 PM) : 

I love this guy. His outfits always make me smile.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:42 PM) : 

I have loved this man since Southerplayalistic. Over the years his style has evolved and changed and I am so happy to witness every transformation. His smile is and always has been electric and this is a great photo capturing his magnetic presence. Kudos to you both.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:09 PM) : 

Could be in Cuba, Baía de São Salvador, Southern Europe or NYC, of course.

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (5:01 PM) : 

Oh, I love him! He's always so well put together in a way that looks effortless.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:31 PM) : 

I have always enjoy Andre's sense of style which he wears with such confidence. He's creative and imaginative when it comes to fashion. Great picture and his smiles compliments the outfit
Thanks for the story, Sat. as usual keep doing what you do best!
Check out Andre:http://men.style.com/fashion/10_essentials/080408

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:20 AM) : 

I love Andre and I almost always love his look, but those trousers are a bit too loose for me. The color is nice, and I love the rest of the outfit, but they're just too baggy for my tastes.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:54 PM) : 

Andre is sublime.Now you gotta get your Outcast on.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:00 PM) : 

Loved to see Andre here! His clothes put a smile on my face, even when they're a bit "dramatic", they're so optimistic.

CarolCorr*

 

Blogger hoydenmel said ... (3:29 AM) : 

Andre definitely is creative be it in music, movies or FASHION!

 

Blogger InStudio Blog said ... (8:45 AM) : 

Heeey yaaa! Andre always looks awesome. His smile is his best accessory.

 

Blogger Amblus said ... (10:59 AM) : 

Andre is the most. I just love a man who loves clothes!

 

Blogger Petulia said ... (11:19 AM) : 

Absolutely awesome! I love him and I love the yellow trouser, very Italian style! I wish I had bumped into him. p.s. Do you ever come to ROme?

 

Blogger a said ... (12:29 PM) : 

can you say....Juan Valdez goes to Holland?

 

Blogger Serg Riva said ... (4:45 PM) : 

He is a star! Rent the OUTKAST videos dvd and watch a style transformation...

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:07 AM) : 

just looking at him makes me smile :0)

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:14 AM) : 

Everything about this made me smile. I love that for a random encounter in Italy, he still looks so...Andre. Style - love it.

 

Blogger Allen - East Hampton said ... (3:26 PM) : 

Andre is a champ. Ya gotta love his style.

 

Blogger dez.fair said ... (4:38 PM) : 

i love that andre 3000 (one of my style role modelings) is highlighted here, in florence no less wearing yellow trousers shopping. huh what? I LOVE HIM

 

Blogger dez.fair said ... (4:42 PM) : 

i love that andre 3000 is highlighted here. he's one of my style role models. even more so now that i know he shops in florence, while wearing yellow trousers

 

Blogger TheShoeGirl said ... (6:16 PM) : 

I have always loved his style. He's had it right from the start.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:05 PM) : 

I met Andre on the rental-car shuttle-bus at DFW, of all places. He was in Dallas meeting with Neiman Marcus to discuss his Benjamin Bixby line. I was impressed with what a genuine, cool guy he is. No pretense at all, and very knowledgeable in regard to the apparel biz. To say he has great style is stating the painfully obvious. I wish him much success. I love strolling down the stairs at Bergdorf and seeing that great image of him and remembering our chance encounter.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:29 PM) : 

Two points....
1. This is a beautiful shot. I love how his hot yellow pants work with the background colors. And such a smile!
2. I love that you can admire high fashion and Will Ferrell in the same post. It reminds me of an article in the LAT that said the concepts of "high" and "low" art are fading (thank goodness)

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (1:35 AM) : 

Well done! What a cute story. It's especially funny that you were star struck, while he is clearly a fan of you!! I would be so star struck if I ever crossed your path, you're a big celebrity too!

 

Blogger nyc/caribbean ragazza said ... (7:19 AM) : 

I am a big fan of his. It's not easy to stand out sometimes and I love that he does his own thing.

How random that you bumped into him in Florence!

Great photo.

 

Blogger Glowing Doll said ... (11:11 AM) : 

He is probably the only person in the world who could pull those pants off. Fantastic photo.

What an amazing coincidence!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:15 PM) : 

LOVE Andre Benjamin, his style is immaculate. All the time(when we see him haha). Coolest post.

 

Blogger Steve said ... (9:02 PM) : 

This is my second favorite men's shot (after the blue suit in June).

Very colorful, fun, practical, and good-looking.

I would wear that exact look.

 

Blogger junglesiren said ... (7:36 PM) : 

Ain't nobody dope as him he's dressed so fresh so clean--

So fresh and so clean, clean!

 

Blogger Dick Goodnuts said ... (8:09 PM) : 

Great work. It's awesomely refreshing to see black male style reflected on your blog.

 

Blogger Dick Goodnuts said ... (8:10 PM) : 

Excellent shot. Thank you for sharing so many black male style pictures. You are doing our culture a great service!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:38 PM) : 

That is so random - and so cool! I love Andre! Its obvious too, that he genuinely loves fashion.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:53 PM) : 

What a great chance meeting!
How can you NOT love this man?

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:38 PM) : 

WOW!
Not only is he fly,

He is also considered to be argueably hip hop's best lyricist. (I mean real hip hop not the mass produced junk that radio and TV forces down our throats)

True artist in his music and his dress!

 

Blogger tilt said ... (5:08 PM) : 

It the collision of my two most favorite style touch stones... Andre on the sartorialist..

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:32 PM) : 

How the hell do you bump into André 3000 in Florence....so lucky!

 

Blogger Chris' Closet said ... (12:11 AM) : 

That's funny to see Andre here, because I am in Florence and Andre met one of my friends from Polimoda. Well, they actually met twice this year already. New York and Florence...what a coincident.

Like his style...especially the hat and his Chuck's.

 

Blogger Carmel Stacks said ... (6:13 PM) : 

Yay! I love this.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:24 PM) : 

Andre Benjamin has long been a stylish fellow to notice...somehow he crosses the fashion sense of Gene Kelly and Sly Stone without mocking or mimicking either...his music is fantastic and original and so is his sense of himself and his style...congrats on you two happening upon this moment...good luck and keep up the great work to both of you!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:49 AM) : 

i love andre 3000!
he is always so effortlessly cool in his own way

 

Blogger Verão said ... (11:07 PM) : 

Andre 3000! I love Semi-Pro! I watched it 5 times and couldn't get enough!

And this look- I love it. Classy yet unique.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:49 PM) : 

Andre is my man. Humor, taste, class.

 

Blogger indigo warrior said ... (12:12 AM) : 

Ya' know. Semi-pro was singularly one of the worst movies I've ever seen. It would have been greatly improved by the inclusion of zombies. Sadly it doesn't shock me that anyone would utter the words Oscar and Semi-pro in the same sentence. Sad.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:54 AM) : 

he looks like summer i think!!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:48 PM) : 

i was sitting outside, having aperitivo and saw this guy walking down the street, looking totally at ease and i thought wau! that would be a perfect sart- shot... and there you go!

 

Blogger Jen said ... (7:49 PM) : 

He's just a beautiful man with great style. Love that you ran into him in such a random spot. Photos are so much better with a story like that. Touching and honest...I think we're all just a little bit jealous!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:12 AM) : 

I guess his outfit says it all.. love it!

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (10:41 PM) : 

I was bursting at the seems when I saw André up on your blog when it was first posted but.. don't laugh.. I've just worked out how to post a comment!

He's such a classy act ~ I especially love the personality he's added by wearing converse :)

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:45 PM) : 

very few could do it and i have to say, i think that he is the leader of that pack. That smile could make anything work. I think people underestimate the power of a really wonderful smile.

 

Anonymous Discount Jeans said ... (1:03 AM) : 

That's so cool that he was familiar with your blog! Wow. And those are some bold pants. Haha.

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (6:35 PM) : 

haha bold jeans indeed!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:04 AM) : 

i just love how the shoes goes with the yellow pants.

 

Blogger Ashlee said ... (2:26 AM) : 

ahhh yes...bingo.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:34 PM) : 

what a perfect picture that combines the personality of Andre and Florence itself! muybien!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:38 PM) : 

That's Seven Benjamin's father! Its cool he's into fashion but he should be into his son more. Andre would rather spend money and time in Italy than be a full time father to his son? I hope he realizes that all that glistens ain't gold. He is a good rapper and has great style. I guess we all need work in this life.

 

post a comment
Newer Posts Older Posts
Best Web Hosting