This page has moved to our new address, www.thesartorialist.com. If you're not redirected within a few seconds, please click below. If you still have issues, please clear your cache and try again.

Parka on Heels

 
 
 
 
 















Rss Feed

Links

Assignment Photography and Syndication

Gallerist

Categories

This entire site ⓒ 2005-2011 The Sartorialist. All of the photographs herein, unless otherwise noted, are copyrighted by the photographer. No part of this site, or any of the content contained herein, may be used or reproduced in any manner whatsoever without express permission of the copyright holder(s).



 

Thursday, March 01, 2007

Parka on Heels


I love a girl that can wear a parka with heels and mean it.

Comments on "Parka on Heels"

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:07 AM) : 

Lovin the HEELS!

 

Blogger YFYF.org said ... (3:18 AM) : 

Although I can't say I like it, it is an interesting look. The parka and the heels are huge in relation to the woman and dwarf her stockinged legs. It actually sort of reminds me of a big green mushroom.

 

Blogger The Vintagent said ... (3:24 AM) : 

I don't know what it is, but Parisian women are immaculate in a way I've never seen anywhere else. Yes, the tyranny of jeans has spread even there, but you'll always find women who can pull off parkas and 5 inch heels, and look like they stepped off the runway.

 

Blogger Linda said ... (4:00 AM) : 

I'd love to learn how to walk in those heels.

 

Blogger Stratos Bacalis said ... (6:53 AM) : 

Great shoes. About the parka...hmmm-I would love to see what she has under that to make up my mind. The volume looks great though.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:36 AM) : 

That's Julia von Boehm, former french Vogue Editor, now freelance stylist!

 

Blogger benson said ... (8:44 AM) : 

legs that go for miles and miles...the short parka on top makes our eyes take it all in...she's beautiful!

 

Blogger whyioughtta said ... (8:58 AM) : 

Wow--those look like the mythical "six-inch heels". Gorgeous shoes. I like the parka too; like you said, she pulls it off through attitude.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:29 AM) : 

the typically parisian combo of dirty blond hair, minimal make-up, fag and excellent pair of heels is a brilliantly cool look. she's done it superbly.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:28 AM) : 

i agree :)

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:39 AM) : 

I love a girl WHO can wear a parka with heels and mean it:)

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:04 PM) : 

Hi. I've been reading this for about six months and I wanted to say two things. First and foremost, I love the blog. I love that you capture and thereby congratulate everyday fashion. It's interesting to see people -- some outside of the fashion industry -- creating ensembles despite busy lives. Second, I have noticed that many of the women in your pictures wear black. Perhaps this is a comment that's already been addressed. If so, please ignore. Perhaps it's a function of the winter (i.e. we wear coats in winter and, let's face it, most coats are black), or because black is (I think) easier to build an outfit around. I do wonder if you would find anyone worth snapping when walking around Washington Heights in the summer-- or any latino neighborhood since latina women wear every color under the sun... albeit sometimes all at once! Just some thoughts.

(Also, I may have already submitted this comment. If so, I'm sorry I thought I lost it!)

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:41 PM) : 

wau! That's so cool! I just really, really love her style.

 

Blogger Valery said ... (1:05 PM) : 

(Le) Smoking! Sex meets utility. This is how the Parisienne's do.

 

Blogger Claris said ... (1:42 PM) : 

Fierce!

 

Blogger Alice Olive said ... (1:46 PM) : 

Serious studs on those serious heels and fabulous legs!!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:01 PM) : 

what a great pair of shoes, really cool whit the parka

 

Blogger laia. said ... (3:25 PM) : 

the shoes are amazing.
the studs make the difference.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:29 PM) : 

It looks like her parka is eating her, and she's not enjoying it. I want to see what's underneath!

 

Blogger dnqcnn said ... (4:01 PM) : 

great outfit!
the sig ruines it a little,,

 

Blogger odilean said ... (4:37 PM) : 

its so rare to see that pulled off successfully. don't you love it when you know what a lady isn't freezing her tail off and still looks so delicious?

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:01 PM) : 

that is a look i wish i could pull off. she looks great.

 

Blogger Greentea said ... (5:55 PM) : 

Love the louboutins
the parka looks like something my mother owned when she was 17, its probably in the back of her closet somehwere)
I dont particularly like the whole look, but the shoes are definitely to die for.

 

Blogger Q said ... (6:24 PM) : 

She looks great, but I would never be able to pull that off. I'd feel naked!

 

Blogger Bobby D. said ... (6:56 PM) : 

It looks sexy in an "I borrowed my lover's parka to go on a ciggie run" kind of way

 

Blogger missx said ... (8:35 PM) : 

I love the shoes. If they were just black, I would like this outfit a whole lot less.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:49 PM) : 

For her, and her alone, I'll forgive the cigarette.

And I, too, would love to see what's underneath.

 

Blogger Anastasia said ... (10:58 PM) : 

its very 'Kate Moss' inspired...she did this look months ago...
those look like great killer heels!!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:52 AM) : 

It's definitely an interesting contrast, but I have yet to decide whether or not I like it.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:03 AM) : 

what a beautiful photograph!! My eyes thank you!!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:10 AM) : 

this is the kind of woman that totally shatters my confidence about my own sense of style... im incredibly envious, she looks gorgeous! :)

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:06 AM) : 

Julia !!!you always have the best look!!this girl is just a real stylist with style...well done!
see u soon...c. xx

 

Blogger hoi polloi said ... (1:50 PM) : 

Bold. Brave. Brilliant.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:54 PM) : 

The casual cigarette too, extremely cool. All so wrong but oh so right.

 

Blogger lovewave said ... (3:09 AM) : 

very sporty sexy and chic~~~

 

Blogger Marcus said ... (6:07 AM) : 

Great caption!

 

post a comment
Newer Posts Older Posts
Best Web Hosting