This page has moved to our new address, www.thesartorialist.com. If you're not redirected within a few seconds, please click below. If you still have issues, please clear your cache and try again.

At Pitti Uomo......Sartorialist of the Year, 1st Nominee

 
 
 
 
 















Rss Feed

Links

Assignment Photography and Syndication

Gallerist

Categories

This entire site ⓒ 2005-2011 The Sartorialist. All of the photographs herein, unless otherwise noted, are copyrighted by the photographer. No part of this site, or any of the content contained herein, may be used or reproduced in any manner whatsoever without express permission of the copyright holder(s).



 

Tuesday, February 13, 2007

At Pitti Uomo......Sartorialist of the Year, 1st Nominee

Ascot with Converses: it just doesn’t get any better than this guy.

The look is both sartorial and hip at the same time.

This is exactly the type of look I wanted to capture for men when I started The Sartorialist.

Comments on "At Pitti Uomo......Sartorialist of the Year, 1st Nominee"

 

Blogger a.k.a.
vaguehue
said ... (7:09 PM) : 

That reminds me of my gray leather converses, which I can hardly wear now, cause they're that much bigger than my feet - it was immpossible to find smaller ones in Warsaw while ago. (Sorry for poor language skills)

 

Blogger Michelle said ... (7:14 PM) : 

Perfect, I just got those same shoes too! I love that red sweater, but he couldn't make anything look that good if he didn't have that...attitude.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:15 PM) : 

love this.

 

Blogger Butch said ... (8:38 PM) : 

Yes, this is great--he's got particularly good sense of color, I think, and also knows how to balance the casual and the less so.

One of the things we've been seeing in recent posts of men is interesting neck treatments--the individual use of scarves and so on--and this is one more successful example. Can we now say that accessories make the man?

 

Blogger Resplendato said ... (9:10 PM) : 

Sart..it's one thing to plan a shoot and get the clothes..it's another to have the vision and search until you find the gentelmen with style and substance wearing them..Bravo!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:27 PM) : 

I tried wearing the grey Converse with a black suit- they looked great but it was like strapping boards to my feet, even with gel pads.

 

Blogger Janets Planet said ... (9:44 PM) : 

Yummy red.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:31 PM) : 

He deserves a 10! just perfect and fun!

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (10:31 PM) : 

glad to see a visual representation of the site's inspiration.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:59 PM) : 

That style may kick off. It's currently being sported by the current Dr. Who.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:31 AM) : 

hi sartorialist: i just adore your site. it's interesting how you're really drawn to men wearing scarves. i agree -- they're terribly chic in a way that's timeless and oddly un-trendy. but call me a prig, but i find it distressing how often your favorite subjects are photographed smoking cigarettes. i was such a die-hard smoker, once upon a time, but it's just not chic. it's deadly. anyway, i don't want your younger readers to get the idea that that's a shortcut to cool. a digression; sorry. you're brilliant, this fellow is brilliant and dapper. my secret dream is that you'll stop me on the street one day...

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:20 AM) : 

now we need a nominee for sartorialista - the girl version - of the year! looking forward to seeing who else you choose...

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:20 AM) : 

Love it! Now I know that I can always wear Converse - even in my old days. I have been wondering about that :-)

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:45 AM) : 

He's probably a very important man, but he doesn't take himself so seriously.
Love it. Hope I can grow old with a man who can dress like this.
AliciaInAlaska

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:29 AM) : 

Wicked cuz one can never go wrong with Chucks! I still have my navy blue and red ones from Grade 9.

Might he have made the "of the decade" prize had he worn the nicer hightops?

:-)

mltt

 

Blogger Bobby D. said ... (8:46 AM) : 

this is the way to look fun, dignified, and manly all at the same time.

 

Blogger Mike Paget said ... (8:55 AM) : 

A rare ascot appearance on the Sartorialist, love the chucks.

 

Blogger Kelly said ... (9:04 AM) : 

This is one of my favorite shots of yours! Well done. Just like Annie L., you really have managed to capture what is inside this man in this portrait.

His style is wonderful, but it is the twinkling eyes, the hold of the cigarette, and the posture, that capture this man!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:57 AM) : 

Cool is an understatement. It's all about the attitude! Bravissimo!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:50 AM) : 

yes! got my vote

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:24 PM) : 

Love the pop of red with the printed ascot. And the cig in the mouth tops the whole look off. Has that understated somewhat sexy thing and he doesn't even know it.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:29 PM) : 

wow wow wow, i am really loving this. that's what my ideal grandfather would dress like. not too slick, not too young, not too old, just plain cool.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:37 PM) : 

I do wish the people who comment on whether or not the subjects are smoking would try to resist. We're interested in people's style, not their personal habits, or your opinion on their health choices. You may find smoking distressing, that's fine, but tell it to your friends and family, where it's appropriate.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:41 PM) : 

I get this sense that he is a movie director with good ol' chucks.

 

Blogger lewehrman said ... (10:44 PM) : 

He just makes me happy! He clearly must have a wry sense of humor if you met him.

I agree with one of the bloggers. My NOT so secret dream is to be stopped on the street and photographed also....

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:07 AM) : 

I disagree with the poster who said to keep comments about smoking to themselves. As an ex-smoker I can say that the vast majority of us start smoking because it is considered a cool accessory - it is part of a look. No one picks up their first cigarette and says 'YUM!' - it's about style. And it is unfortunately disgusting and deadly. When I see an otherwise perfectly coutured woman who has a cigarette, it's as bad as if she had a terrible haircut. Immediately it is ruined for me.

 

Blogger londondog said ... (8:55 AM) : 

Dylan Jones of British GQ said that men should not combine suit or smart clothing with trainers unless they want to end up looking like a stand-up comedian

Although Mr Jones is a great authority on male style I must disagree with him on that particular point.

Converse trainer is such a timeless classic that it just goes with everything. I, for one, wear a pair of red Converse with my sharp classic Joseph suit and, boy, doesn't it look great.

This man here pulls it off beautifully - basic greys, great coat, splash of red in his jumper and even the cravat go with the informality of his trainers. Lovely!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:14 AM) : 

Hi Sartorialist, I'm a big fan of your blog. I wish I could have been captured by you while I stayed in NYC for a year.

BTW, this guy is Mr. Y. Akamine who is a president of a clothing company in Japan. He's well-known in Japan and he loves traditional style.

 

Blogger Mr. Rover said ... (4:46 PM) : 

I love the ascot! I need one! I love the old Hollywood look that seems to be permeating through select circles right now

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:03 AM) : 

Hello,Sartorialist.

This pretty guy who is japanese desiner,Y.Akamine is called "maestro"in japanese fashion magazines.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:00 PM) : 

Totally cool. Just lose the cigarette.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:06 AM) : 

Usually i stay in the same MIlan hotel with this stylish man.You should see how he dresses.Perfect.....Meet MR. Past with a touch of Present.

 

post a comment
Newer Posts Older Posts
Best Web Hosting