This page has moved to our new address, www.thesartorialist.com. If you're not redirected within a few seconds, please click below. If you still have issues, please clear your cache and try again.

Men in Milan

 
 
 
 
 















Rss Feed

Links

Assignment Photography and Syndication

Gallerist

Categories

This entire site ⓒ 2005-2011 The Sartorialist. All of the photographs herein, unless otherwise noted, are copyrighted by the photographer. No part of this site, or any of the content contained herein, may be used or reproduced in any manner whatsoever without express permission of the copyright holder(s).



 

Monday, July 17, 2006

Men in Milan


This week I am going to run a few of my favorite men's shots from my recent trip to Milan and Paris. Also I want to send a big thanks out to all the great people at Men.Style.com for sponsoring my trip and giving me the creative freedom and access to do the best work I could do. Thanks Jamie, Tim, Keith, Dirk, Tyler, Jon, and Alison for all your support!!

Labels: , ,

Comments on "Men in Milan"

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:13 PM) : 

I would LOVE to dress like this, but I think I'd be too self-concious wearing this in Vancouver.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:16 PM) : 

I loved this photo! Your Men.Style.com updates were very enjoyable. I think your photos and comments are positive ecouragement to people, and especially guys, to add a little more style to their daily life. I know I am expressing myself with pocket squares on a new level!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:16 PM) : 

This was a fanatasic picture. You caught this well dressed gentleman enjoying what seems to be a great cigar (probably Cuban, of course).

He also seems no to be in a hurry...

Buena Vida!!!

 

Blogger MARIA H said ... (10:27 PM) : 

The man looks glamourous, elegant and masculine. The "gentleman" I can not say from the clothes...Let's say that moral qualities are not easy to determine by the style; that is a sartorial mystery.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:29 PM) : 

Wow. Hot. And what a great bike. (Has he got a newspaper bungee-corded to the back? Perfect.)

 

Blogger Sara - Piperita said ... (1:03 AM) : 

SO Milan!
As always, you perfectly portrait the spirit of our city!

 

Blogger vadim-kontra said ... (1:19 AM) : 

I was always wondering if its ok to ride a bike wearing a suit...or a blaser.... It still seems ...awkward....
I guess it totaly depends on a bicycle...

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:44 AM) : 

this pic reminds me of a old guy who used to bike down cambridge st. (in cambridge, ma) with a pipe in his mouth. at the time i lived at one end of cambridge st, worked at the other end. i'd see him in the morning, in the evening, on weekend afternoons: always, always with the pipe in his mouth (and generally both hands on his handlebars. the pipe looked permanently attached to his lip. ooh, that sounds gross, huh?)

unfortunately, pipe-smoking bicycle man was not half as stylish as this guy. i wonder if he's still around those parts...

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:38 AM) : 

I love everything about this. The spontaneity of the photo itself, the sunglasses, the hair, the fact that he's showing a helluva lot of cuff. The bicycle. Milanese in every sense of the word. Smashing!

 

Blogger Laurence John said ... (4:16 PM) : 

he is the coolest.

 

Blogger The Sartorialist said ... (10:28 PM) : 

ec10009

catalogs - interesting

stay tuned!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:51 AM) : 

I agree! This man, and this photograph, are too perfect. I have got to get myself to Milan.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:16 PM) : 

Bikes are incredible.

This absolutely works in the states. Especially in the East, but easily the NW too. NYC Easy. In fact it works with more impact b/c it more unique here and he's not honking away in his mercedes trying to get to the Holland tunnel at 6pm.

(Now a beautiful stylish women on a bike is a whole other level...they always make my jaw drop.)

 

Blogger Terence said ... (6:00 AM) : 

I wish that was my life right now.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:46 AM) : 

This is just too good to be true.
What a shot. Reminds me of Marcello Mastroianni.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:26 PM) : 

that's so cool! i'm inspired now.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:43 PM) : 

It's more his attitude than anything else that makes this amazing, he's promoting a way of life without even knowing it.

 

Blogger Mare said ... (6:18 PM) : 

he looks so cool and sexy (even though he's smoking)

 

Blogger Dill Pickles said ... (11:17 PM) : 

Ha ha ha - I love this! Lovely suit, no socks on a bike with a cigarette and sunglasses. We will never see this in the US.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:15 PM) : 

He is so hip!!!!!!!!!

 

Blogger Marianna said ... (10:33 AM) : 

This photo encapsulates all the twinkles that spark in my eyes when I'm in Milan or Rome... the men and the way they dress, almost always immaculately with a seemingly effortless natural style yet when observing a little longer you start noticing all these details that make you realize how much these Italian men embrace style and allure. Besides food (I'm one of those so called "foodies" out there), the second thing I love most when visiting Italy is observing men and what they're wearing...or actually I'd say it's a tie between food and checking dress styles out!!

 

Blogger ginjin3 said ... (3:42 AM) : 

this guy is so cool! you'll never see this in the states.

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (4:51 PM) : 

I just got back from milan and the men's wear there was out of this world. I adored it all. We stayed one street over from where this was taken, on Torino. I loved the people watching from the window.

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (7:50 AM) : 

This picture just did it for me !
I'm going to buy that new bicycle now !!
Mine was stolen and until today I was still hoping for my bike to come back to me ...

 

Blogger abby jenkins said ... (1:25 PM) : 

perhaps I just died and went to heaven. this shot is glorious!

 

Anonymous Lee Oliveira said ... (1:34 AM) : 

Smoking and riding a bike. Probably not well matched but I love this pic. A very classic look

LOx

http://www.leeoliveira.com

 

Blogger kimsato said ... (10:20 PM) : 

oh it looks like movie

i from korea but i've never seen like this photo im here

i want to go there and i wnat to journey there

 

Anonymous aur said ... (8:14 AM) : 

nice, i like that suit

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:38 PM) : 

Damn that guy is cool...

 

Blogger briony-anne said ... (4:18 PM) : 

i love this photo. bicycles are so charming, i find cycling is such a simple pleasure... i reckon this man does too, adore his expression and little dog in the basket!

http://photography.nationalgeographic.co.uk/photography/photo-tips/people-places-photos/#/bicycle-rider-and-dog_21256_600x450.jpg

 

Anonymous shervin nassi said ... (12:41 AM) : 

i love women but i just fell in love with this man!
www.shervinnassi.blogspot.com

 

Blogger Richi Baidwan said ... (10:43 PM) : 

I love the fact that he's not wearing socks! It's perfect.

I'm sure you saw all the elements that make this shot outstanding (and much quicker than I probably did) but for me, I feel the fact that this (potentially) Italian man's riding a bike while smoking a cigar as also the fact that he's not wearing socks simply connects!

 

post a comment
Newer Posts Older Posts
Best Web Hosting