This page has moved to our new address, www.thesartorialist.com. If you're not redirected within a few seconds, please click below. If you still have issues, please clear your cache and try again.

On The Street.....American Classic, NYC

 
 
 
 
 















Rss Feed

Links

Assignment Photography and Syndication

Gallerist

Categories

This entire site ⓒ 2005-2011 The Sartorialist. All of the photographs herein, unless otherwise noted, are copyrighted by the photographer. No part of this site, or any of the content contained herein, may be used or reproduced in any manner whatsoever without express permission of the copyright holder(s).



 

Tuesday, May 02, 2006

On The Street.....American Classic, NYC

I'm always inspired (read - jealous) of how Michael Bastian can do that front-tuck without his shirts or sweaters getting too bloused out or it looking too studied. I've watched him do it and it takes him ,like, one second and it is always perfect.
I do take solace in my superior tie knots, though.

Comments on "On The Street.....American Classic, NYC"

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:57 PM) : 

You're right...the ability to tuck in one's sweater without looking like a dork is very special. Nice, classic look.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:28 PM) : 

haha um isn't that a lacoste belt? (lacoste = french)

 

Blogger nothing said ... (7:59 PM) : 

I wish I had within myself enough poise and grace to exact the elegance and ease of this look, perhaps if I were male...it would work out better for me.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:58 PM) : 

This kindof look becomes effortless when you are in decent shape, that means no gut at all.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:00 PM) : 

Chic, chic, chic!
I love his style: clean, classic and sexy.
Can't wait for his collection to hit Bergdorf's!

 

Blogger ML said ... (11:05 PM) : 

I want to achieve this casually awesome look with minimal efforts, but sadly even a moumental effort on my part will fail.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:56 PM) : 

sexy papa

 

Blogger New Yorkaise said ... (12:09 AM) : 

Gorgeous photograph, too.

 

Blogger Dolce far niente said ... (7:23 AM) : 

Me gusta tu blog. Visita mi blog
www.lamanomaestra.blogspot.com
y www.nomparella.blogspot.com

si tu parles français bien. je le parle. votre blog es formidable

si tú hablas español, podremos hablar. tu blog es formidable.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:39 AM) : 

Not only does he pull it off, he also has a t-shirt underneath, so this is three layers in the tuck.

It helps to have a very flat stomach, a 31" waistline, and a sweater that has a great fit, possibly bespoke, which is not too difficult to accomplish when you are in the biz?

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:11 AM) : 

Isn't it also known as the 'frat tuck'?

 

Blogger la femme said ... (11:10 AM) : 

Ah, well everyone has a signature talent. I certainly cannot pull off a nice tie knot (even femmes had to wear them at school in Australia).

One of my favourite photos.

 

Blogger The G Manifesto said ... (11:48 AM) : 

the smoke is a good touch

 

Blogger SophieA said ... (3:19 PM) : 

Sartorialist - you are just too adorable!!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:27 AM) : 

That man is sooooo sexy he makes me drool. I wish men in Poland would dress better.

 

Blogger o s a k a said ... (4:53 AM) : 

spectacular photo! Congratulations!!

 

Blogger Kathleen... said ... (5:15 PM) : 

Wow....they don't make 'em like that here in Texas!!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:39 PM) : 

beautiful man

 

Blogger SoulClap Entertainment said ... (4:27 PM) : 

I am by no means a fashion expert but I have to get that perfect tuck as well, but I can't quite get like some guys (i.e. Mr "American Classic"). I have come to the following conclusions

1. it has to do with the cut of the shirt from the armpit to the bottom of the shirt

2. The degree of V in your frame. Mr. American Classic has somewhat of a (for lack of a better term) "sausage frame" where his distance parallel from his shoulder line to his waist line in minimal and close to being perfectly parallel (confused yet?). Myself, I have an extreme V frame and have learned to live with fact that the shirt will always lose the perfect tuck, the moment I raise my arms.


or maybe I just have learned the perfect tuck yet :-)

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:23 AM) : 

Wow! The perfect unstudied but just-right tuck is soooo hard to achieve! Kudos! He looks AH-mazing!

 

post a comment
Newer Posts Older Posts
Best Web Hosting